• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Vikings early week thoughts?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw a few highlights from the Vikings/Lions game. So I'm not sure what happened. From what I hear, AP ran like a mad man and the rest of the team failed to show up. Including the defense.

Not too big of a shock. I thought they're defense would look better than they did. Although, if Detroit has truly found a running game in Bush, they might not completely stink this year. However, I still don't think they're a good team by any means. As usual, they'll start strong, and taper off.

The one area the Bears defense did well in on Sunday was stopping the run. Holding BJGE to 25 yards on 14 carries (1.8 YPC).

We usually fair well versus the Vikings at home (and visa versa). One would think if we can contain AP, we should take care of business versus the Vikings. Correct?

I think the Vikings give us a tough game, and come out with a chip on their shoulder. I could even see them leading into halftime. However, on paper, and considering the Bears are at home... I think it's tough to make a convincing case for the Vikings chances at Soldier Field Sunday.

Thoughts? Comments? Analysis?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both teams will be playing with some confidence after winning game one. I am not real happy with the defense, but think they will get better as the season goes on.
There is no "stopping" AP, but he has got to be the focus. Ponder will not beat us, and being able to focus on the run helps. I just hope AP doesnt get going early, cause it could be a long day if he does. Lions secondary is a little suspect IMO, and if the line give Cutler the time they did this weekend, he should be able to dice them up.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both teams will be playing with some confidence after winning game one. I am not real happy with the defense, but think they will get better as the season goes on.
There is no "stopping" AP, but he has got to be the focus. Ponder will not beat us, and being able to focus on the run helps. I just hope AP doesnt get going early, cause it could be a long day if he does. Lions secondary is a little suspect IMO, and if the line give Cutler the time they did this weekend, he should be able to dice them up.

Peter stop drinking and posting.The Bears are playing the Vikings this week while the Lions are playing the Cardinals.

Bears should win 27-17

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i had a brain fart. Did you think AP played for the Lions?

Oh and can you smell beer on my posts?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder can't beat us. MN can, with a full team effort. But I like our chances. MN has a good team but no QB. Cutler is gonna go off, Bears win big.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) AP did not have a "big day". He had a single big run, and nothing for the rest of the game.
2) The Vikings lost, -they are not coming off of their first win.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been taking crap about DJ williams playing no where near what a chicago middle linebacker should be. I sure hope we hear his name called alot with double digit tackles against AP, otherwise they need to get Bostic in the game. Thats pretty much what I will be looking for, at least seeing the guy in the picture around the tackle.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) AP did not have a "big day". He had a single big run, and nothing for the rest of the game.

+1

Much like AP had one big run vs Bears last year at game in Minny and contained him rest of game... Bears would have won that game if not for mistakes even after the big run.

Avoid mistakes Bears win easily vs Vikings this week.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder looked like a fresh load of hot garbage. Wow it amazes me that going into year 3, the guy has not developed in the least.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder looked like a fresh load of hot garbage. Wow it amazes me that going into year 3, the guy has not developed in the least.

Yeah, funny enough, I think the best he's looked in the NFL was in his debut against the Packers in 2011. He had you guys on the edge of your seat that day. I remember, because I watched that game with three Packers fans. I lived in Milwaukee at the time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Vikings secondary apparently really struggled Sunday. Barring a meltdown of our own, we should be able to put a lot of points on the scoreboard.

So, unless we beat ourselves, or allow AP to run wild. I don't see us dropping this one, but you never know with these divisional match ups. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that they play us down to the wire.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) The Vikings lost, -they are not coming off of their first win.

This.................AP had a 78 yd run first play from scrimmage and then 15 yds on 17 carries...........yeah big day.:rollseyes:

Contain AP{,which I KNOW we will,and no way in hell Ponder beats us..........

C

cubzzzfanincali

depends. Paea is getting really good at penetrating the gap, and sometimes he is being countered assuming this. I don't think the Vikes will attack our middle. I think they will drive the runs at Wootton/Shea. Those two didn't look great in run defense this week, but the whole game - IMO - revolves around this,

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Minnesota decides they can still pass the ball a lot, that Ponder should be given one more try at being a serious passer in this league, thereby limiting the AP touches to like 15, rather than 40.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are a well balanced team on both sides of the ball. Vikes never play well in Chicago. Vikes at best go 5-11 or 6-10 this season.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are a well balanced team on both sides of the ball. Vikes never play well in Chicago. Vikes at best go 5-11 or 6-10 this season.

I don't think the Vikings will be that bad by January. I know, I know... they looked clumsy in the first game. But considering the reduced amount of practices this preseason, it is not logical to base their overall performance on the first game of the season. I'm just glad the Bears get to face them early... The second meeting may not reflect the results of the first (just like last year).

All that shit being said, I do expect the Bears to win this one. Not to be too homerish, but I really believe the offense will gel throughout the season and improve week-by-week. By season's end the Bears just might be an opponent other teams do want to face.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP was contained in the first game of the season. Don't expect him to lie down like a dog the second game. He will come in the game with both barrels blazing. I for one am very concerned about him.