• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Jets

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we expecting? I have a bad feeling about this game. It's sandwiched between two tough games, which is the perfect recipe for a let down. I think we are a lot better and should win, but this just seems like one of those games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandwiched BETWEEN two tough games?

Try, more like this is the second tough game, in an onslaught of 8 straight tough games.

Hell, with the way Buffalo looks after two games. Make it the third in an onslaught of nine tough ones. The Jets are a solid team. They run the ball extremely well and they play very good defense. Their passing game has looked much better with Decker there (if they hold him out, that'd be a help), and if you didn't notice in Lambeau where they almost knocked off the Pack. Geno looks a little bit better this year. He's not great by any means, but I saw him make some real throws in the first half of that game.

Last year the Jets were 7-1 at home. They were great in that building. I don't think the Bears taking them lightly at all.

All of that said, I agree with you that we're the more talented team. As long as CJ and Ivory don't run wild, I think we'll score enough to win. And I believe that Geno is very capable of throwing a couple to us.

It's going to be interesting to see if this defensive line and LB corp can have a repeat performance of what they did last week. Especially if Ratliff doesn't pass concussion protocol and is out, we'll need Sutton and Ego to do exactly what they did last week. Take up blocks, and allow our LB's to fill their gaps.

My fingers are crossed that Shea may have finally found a role that works for him… but I've been down this road before.

It will also be interesting to see how the nickel position looks without Jennings.

Honestly, the NFL scheduling this eight game stretch is pretty much absurd. A ridiculous task to throw at any football team. But… if we do get through it at .500 or better. We'll be more than battle tested for the second half. It will sure look like a fresh of breath air. Five of our last seven at home, and four in a row in December. I can dig it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we expecting? I have a bad feeling about this game. It's sandwiched between two tough games, which is the perfect recipe for a let down. I think we are a lot better and should win, but this just seems like one of those games.

Been- do you ever think they are capable of winning? I'm not saying it's going to be easy- and the Bears still have a lot of questions...I just think there is a lot of Debby Downers on this board.
I want you to cheer up. Let's hope for the best. GO BEARS!

(I'm not making light of your feelings, you're good enough, smart enough and doggone it, people like you....I think)
:yahoo:
:suds:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be more than battle tested for the second half. It will sure look like a fresh of breath air. Five of our last seven at home, and four in a row in December. I can dig it.

great post- agreed... But what's "Fresh of breath air?" Ha... just thought that was funny. Lol.

don't mind me, I can't sleep.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been- do you ever think they are capable of winning? I'm not saying it's going to be easy- and the Bears still have a lot of questions...I just think there is a lot of Debby Downers on this board.
I want you to cheer up. Let's hope for the best. GO BEARS!

(I'm not making light of your feelings, you're good enough, smart enough and doggone it, people like you....I think)
:yahoo:
:suds:

Nah, nobody likes me. It's cool though, my stuffed animals are all the friends I need!

Anyway, I just have a negative outlook on the bears. Whenever I get my hopes up they let me down. But I'm happy enough. I actually just got a nice job in St. Louis and things are really looking up for me. But, when it comes to the bears, I'm a pessimist. You should try it. It actually makes the victories much sweeter. It also numbs the pain from losses.

Thanks for the concern though.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a similar scenario last season. Tough in the beginning and lighter toward the end. We just couldnt be healthy when she should been in the easiest stretch. If they can get pressure on Geno and keep him in the pocket, i think we beat their heads in. Their defense is about as weak as i have seen them in a few years, so im not worried about getting points on the board, but it would be nice to see some in the first half. I will be watching this one in Cancun, figures it will be raining for 6 out of the 8 days i'll be there, but fuck it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets seem very similar to the Bills to me.

If the D can resemble Sunday Night's D, I think we can outscore em'.

It's all about the turnover margin...if it mimics last week's, we will come away with a W.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bears would win against Buffalo and I thought they would lose at SF. So far my predictions stink. But...

I think the Bears win this one. Something happened in the SF game after Cutler was speared, almost like the whole team said, "fuck this shit" and came together. If that team shows up, and I think they will, the Bears win by 14 or more. With the Jets shitty secondary, look for a healthier Jeffrey and Marshall to shine.

My prediction: Bears 31. Jets 17

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets seem very similar to the Bills to me.

If the D can resemble Sunday Night's D, I think we can outscore em'.

It's all about the turnover margin...if it mimics last week's, we will come away with a W.

Jets run a 3-4, though.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as last week, Jay keep it under 300 (hopefully there will be a running game) and over 100 QB rating. Alot of rotation at the d line. Like the bills, the jets like Gino to take a 7 step drop to survey the field. Makes it a little farther those big men have to go each down. We might see Shea standing up and rushing the passer when Young is off the series and Houston is moved inside.

Defense, line will play, Briggs woke up, last year it took DJ til the third or fourth game to get going, I think we get more from him. Sometimes there is trouble in the secondary. Its one thing to know Fuller filled in well, its a different thing to go into the game knowing Peanut isnt gonna be out there. Conte is probably out, Ratliff is probably out. third game of the season is tough to already have next man up at two or three positions if you count safety. I dont think they will be picking on fuller, but going against Frey and Jennings.

My prediction is the bears get two more turnovers than the jets and that means a win.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, nobody likes me. It's cool though, my stuffed animals are all the friends I need!

Anyway, I just have a negative outlook on the bears. Whenever I get my hopes up they let me down. But I'm happy enough. I actually just got a nice job in St. Louis and things are really looking up for me. But, when it comes to the bears, I'm a pessimist. You should try it. It actually makes the victories much sweeter. It also numbs the pain from losses.

Thanks for the concern though.

Congrats on the job. Good Luck in St. Louis.
I get the let down feelings. What's really funny here- is, I don't know why...but I'm a natural pessimist in life... but when it comes to the Bears- I always want to believe. Go Bears!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets D is tough against the run, which works out pretty good because we can't run the ball. Won't be a huge drop off. IMO we should just stack the box on D and eliminate our TOs, we should have a pretty good shot.