• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Reportedly WILL SIGN Micheal Bennett

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little hard to react to it without a price tag. It's like asking, "hey honey are you glad I bought a new truck?" without knowing how much she paid for it.

True. I thought that not long after I posted it. I think I just got excited because we're actually seemingly going to make a splash in free agency. At least with one big signing.

Could spell the end for Pep. I wonder if they still want to also pursue Johnson, or if we completely blew our load on Bennett. I sure hope not. I like him a lot, but him alone does not nearly patch things up for this D.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little hard to react to it without a price tag. It's like asking, "hey honey are you glad I bought a new truck?" without knowing how much she paid for it.

Wait, SHE's buying a new truck... Keeper in my book no matter the price.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it pans out, we solve our DE issue for now.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good at the moment, several sources are saying today Bennett staying in Seattle.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good at the moment, several sources are saying today Bennett staying in Seattle.

Can't speak for the Bears, but we have learned here that our front office is VERY good and preventing leaks. I wouldn't trust anything the media has to say until it is official. I'm sure we will hear soon either way.

When you have two different things coming from different media outlets assume both are wrong until proven otherwise.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the Bears, but we have learned here that our front office is VERY good and preventing leaks. I wouldn't trust anything the media has to say until it is official. I'm sure we will hear soon either way.

When you have two different things coming from different media outlets assume both are wrong until proven otherwise.

Yea, except that his brother tweed a few ago congrats on resigning with Seattle.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet resigns with seattle 4 years 34 million

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears targeting Lamarr Houston, as is GB. Should be interesting.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think Houston is actually the better talent, and with no Super Bowl premium the better deal, but he's still too expensive. I just don't get this, unless all this public noise is just public pressuring related to the Peppers or Wootton negotiations. If we sign any expensive free agent, at any position, how the hell do they fill out the roster?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston is actually the better talent, and with no Super Bowl premium the better deal, but he's still too expensive. I just don't get this, unless all this public noise is just public pressuring related to the Peppers or Wootton negotiations. If we sign any expensive free agent, at any position, how the hell do they fill out the roster?

I agree. I'm not sure how they are going to fill all the gaps this offseason... So I expect they will likely put some pieces together over the next few years. This will be a two- three season rebuilding process for the D.