• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears defense is not as good as it used to be

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let Dalton and PONDER shred us and now a Steelers team that was struggling on offense.

I think the difference is not having Urlacher anymore more than not having Lovie.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more that Peppers, Tillman, and Jennings have gotten old and/or worse. The MLB spot had already declined. Williams isn't any worse than Urlacher was the last two years.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more that Peppers, Tillman, and Jennings have gotten old and/or worse. The MLB spot had already declined. Williams isn't any worse than Urlacher was the last two years.

In fairness to the D Line tonight, the Steelers got away with about 10 muggings that should have been called holding. I mean some bear hugs.

The secondary tonight played awful on several plays. It really wan't Tillman though, more the nickle and sometimes Jennings.

But what I was getting at was Briggs is outstanding, but he is not used to the passing routes he needs to cover on D when he plays middle and it has burned us quite a bit in the passing game. He will learn.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still the same D. It's the tampa two. Lot's of yards, not points. Steelers got hot for a smidge tonight. 14 points scored + the 26 from the offense= win.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think lots of that Pittsburgh yardage was junk too. The Bears were ahead big before the Steelers woke up. They are probably not as dominant as they once were but they are still ball hawks and really good. The Bears concern me a little this year. This seems to be the most balance they have ever had.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Defensive TD's in 3 games ain't too bad.

11 takeaways in 3 games ain't so bad either.

Steelers yds were garbage yds.

D-line has been the weak spot, and suffers another blow, losing Melton for the year, but don't write them off yet. They looked better last night. Paea and Collins have been pleasant surprises, with Collins looking much more fit this year, showing a good burst and good strength.

I think they will be alright. Conte and Wright can be frustrating on the back end, too, as they both seem to want to look into the backfield a little too often, but Wright WAS probably the MVP last night, with two HUGE takeaways.

I think if the O continues to play good ball, this will be a much better Bears team, overall, than in years past.