• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears at Seahawks

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can appreciate Olin Krutz's comments bout the Bears young center... Fact is, we need an upgrade there. Whitehair as well. I'm tired of seeing both of these two guys getting beat on a regular basis inside. I'm hoping upon hope Jenkins (who looked good at LT) can stay healthy, but it isn't looking good so far. Borom is looking great (for a rookie) especially being able to play both left and right Tackle. How refreshing. Ifredi needs to move inside or head out.

And yes, the Bears are going to need Wr help next year. Arob is gone and the way he has shown a lack of desire to play this year (and I don't blame him), he can hopefully find a better home next season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said on a few occasions that I'd have no problems if we use our first pick on the OL, altho depending on who we keep with respect to the DL/Edge for next year, we may have to give those spots strong consideration. Our D has definitely shown its cracks this season. To me it's been overall the weakest since those gawd awful units of the mid-late 90's. Not as consistently bad, but certainly not up to the standards it has played over the last 20+ years.
I think you're forgetting our worst defensive season in franchise history in 2013. It's understandable, though, as we still were mere seconds from winning the North despite it. Due to our best offensive season in franchise history. Our luck, really, the year before we were elite in all categories defensively but the offense killed us (missed the playoffs on the final day as well). Only we could have a reign of elite defense under Lovie come to screeching halt - the same damn season that our offense decides they want to be elite.

I just personally believe this is a total overhaul and you have to build around your biggest investment first. Which is your QB. Especially in a league that is constantly becoming more and more QB/offense driven.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're forgetting our worst defensive season in franchise history in 2013. It's understandable, though, as we still were mere seconds from winning the North despite it. Due to our best offensive season in franchise history. Our luck, really, the year before we were elite in all categories defensively but the offense killed us. Only we could have a reign of elite defense under Lovie come to screeching halt - the same damn season that our offense decides they want to be elite.

I just personally believe this is a total overhaul and you have to build around your biggest investment first. Which is your QB. Especially in a league that is constantly becoming more and more QB/offense driven.
I was really going by time periods as opposed to any singular season. Those mid-late 90's defenses covered a long spell of really poor play. Can't recall how bad the '13 D was, but I figure you wouldn't have stated this if it wasn't that bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really going by time periods as opposed to any singular season. Those mid-late 90's defenses covered a long spell of really poor play. Can't recall how bad the '13 D was, but I figure you wouldn't have stated this if it wasn't that bad.

Minnesota and us each had our worst franchise defense's of all-time. Minny was the worst of all-time, period, in some categories.

Look at our rushing D. lol. We allowed 5.3 YPC (no one else close to that bad in the entire league) and a WHOPPING total of 2,583 rushing yards allowed, along with 22 TD's on the ground.

Tied for 31st in the league ahead of only Minnesota with 478 points allowed (another franchise worst). Minnesota edged us by 2 points with 480 allowed.

Yet, without an Aaron Rodgers heave and a prayer, we still win the North. Why?

Because we set our all-time franchise record in points and 2nd in the NFL in points. Who was the only team we finished behind? The highest scoring offense in NFL history. The 2013 Denver Broncos.

Tragic waste of our one good offense going back to the mid 90's.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love knowing you were watching the game rooting for the Bears to lose.

Olin Kreutz:

“Why is Germain Ifedi at right tackle?” Kreutz said on NBC Sports Chicago’s “Football Aftershow” following the game. “Why isn’t Thomas Graham starting at left cornerback? Why is Kindle Vilor out there?

“We just want to see young guys playing, because, look, eventually you have to do what’s best for the franchise. We’re all happy you won the game, but what is best for the Chicago Bears franchise?”

Olin get it, why can't the idiots on this board get it? You play the kids even if that means you are more likely to lose. Winning does not help this team next year. The fact I have to explain this to lifelong fans is astounding to me. You guys are dumb as rocks.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only we could have a reign of elite defense under Lovie come to screeching halt - the same damn season that our offense decides they want to be elite.
It could be worse... you could be watching a third tier offense and a third tier defense, wondering if the offense will outscore it's own defense. Just sayin'

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Deflection is attempting to draw attention away from oneself and put that attention onto another person.**

Or.........**how to explain BS Genius's responses.**

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Deflection is attempting to draw attention away from oneself and put that attention onto another person.**

Or.........**how to explain BS Genius's responses.**

Deflect is defined as to cause something to change direction, or to deter someone from his/her intended purpose. When all the attention is focused on you and you change the subject and get people to change what they are talking about, this is an example of a time when you deflect the conversation.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflect is defined as to cause something to change direction, or to deter someone from his/her intended purpose. When all the attention is focused on you and you change the subject and get people to change what they are talking about, this is an example of a time when you deflect the conversation.
Nice description, I'll buy that. It explains you perfectly. I also prefer the old painting one's self into a corner, then asking for more paint and a new brush. I used that one on you a lot during your desperate attempts to justify tanking.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice description, I'll buy that. It explains you perfectly. I also prefer the old painting one's self into a corner, then asking for more paint and a new brush. I used that one on you a lot during your desperate attempts to justify tanking.

Oh yeah you're the painting yourself in the corner guy who had no idea what that phrase meant. Now it all makes sense.

Stop deflecting.

Is Olin right? If he isn't right does that make him not a Bears fan? Why are you so scared to answer?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah you're the painting yourself in the corner guy who had no idea what that phrase meant. Now it all makes sense.

Stop deflecting.

Is Olin right? If he isn't right does that make him not a Bears fan? Why are you so scared to answer?
Oh, you got me, I'm sooooooo scared to answer you. And I will, but not until you answer the 20 or so situations in which I pointed out the stupidity in trying to justify tanking, to which you never responded (that is unless you say having a better draft choice for all rounds was a proper response). Did you really think I forgot all those?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you got me, I'm sooooooo scared to answer you. And I will, but not until you answer the 20 or so situations in which I pointed out the stupidity in trying to justify tanking, to which you never responded (that is unless you say having a better draft choice for all rounds was a proper response). Did you really think I forgot all those?

^deflecting. lmao

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^deflecting. lmao
I always suspect when someone does the old "lmao", they're really super pissed off and try to defl.....uh justify their anger with a phony laugh. But you're not really laughing, are you big fella?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always suspect when someone does the old "lmao", they're really super pissed off and try to defl.....uh justify their anger with a phony laugh. But you're not really laughing, are you big fella?

^deflecting again lol