• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beadle to leave ESPN for NBC? Cowherd leaving SportsNation for solo ESPN show?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And maybe the most interesting tidbit is the one in bold:

SportsbyBrooks:

SbB has learned Michelle Beadle will depart ESPN for NBC Sports with the plan for her to land eventually at Access Hollywood as co-host.

Before Beadle transitions to NBCUniversal-distributed Access Hollywood, she'll cover Olympics, appear on Today Show, among other duties.

As @thebiglead broke awhile back, Cowherd leaving SportsNation as well at end of year for solo ESPN TV show. SN will continue w/ new hosts.

Stay tuned for an NFL Network morning show. Four-man cast. ESPNU also adding late night talkshow to air weekdays at midnight

---------------------

Jason McIntyre (The Big Lead):

Text from Michelle Beadle: "not accurate." my interpretation: she's probably leaving Espn, for something at NBC, as SBB claims

Beadle to NBC def not a done deal. Looks good for NBC, though. Gotta wonder how much Espn's Wildhack will sweeten the pot to keep her.

Nerdy sports media: let's say Espn goes all out ($, primo tv show) to retain Beadle. It then has to go bigger to retain Andrews.

Let's say beadle makes 300k at Espn. Access Hollywood might be willing to pay 750k. Nbc doors open (today, olympics, etc). You saying no?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL Network doesn't really need a morning show unless it's during the season only. They barely have enough to talk about on Total Access for an hour let alone adding another show in the morning.

Cowherd getting his own show makes me lose faith in humanity.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd... listen long enough and I guarantee he will contradict everything he ever says. He's a slimy opportunist.