• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BBQ cookoff at the Grill: KC @ TEX 5/10-12

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the point is we have a LF CF 3B DH and maybe a 1B that will or might need to be replaced
Our offensive lineup today is not the one we should be judging the whole offense on

It is a given they are a deficient. One reason Willie looks to be discarded. He won’t be the last

Yep. Anyone not named Semien or Seager is expendable right now. I'd like El Bombi to force his way into that conversation, but that's a work in progress.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the point is we have a LF CF 3B DH and maybe a 1B that will or might need to be replaced
Our offensive lineup today is not the one we should be judging the whole offense on

It is a given they are a deficient. One reason Willie looks to be discarded. He won’t be the last
They are performing much lower than they should be though. I don't want to wait until Woodward or anyone else has a chance to derail a great offense before the judgment is made that he is holding the team back. Whether it is holding them back from mid 70s in wins to mid to upper 60s, or holding them back from 95 wins to the upper 80s in wins, it is still the same problem. The problem just becomes magnified more later on.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in our timing as to when Woodward should be replaced has to do with how we felt about him coming into this season. I have never cared much for him as a manager so this is like the last straw for me. It is certainly understandable to me if others feel differently. I know some of you thought more of him as a manager than I did to begin the season.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in our timing as to when Woodward should be replaced has to do with how we felt about him coming into this season. I have never cared much for him as a manager so this is like the last straw for me. It is certainly understandable to me if others feel differently. I know some of you thought more of him as a manager than I did to begin the season.

I'm not really a fan of changes made in-season unless absolutely necessary. Not sure which thread it was in but I think I've mentioned that I can see this being his last season or some such. Personally I think managers get a little too much credit when a team is doing really well or really poorly, but I understand the nature of the game is to do that. For example, if this team turns it around in June, has a strong stretch, and ends up in third place, you can pretty much guarantee Woody gets a year tacked on to his contract. Even though, all things considered, Woody had pretty much nil to do with that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all assumed Garcia would be the guy inCF/RF after his performance last year. That has changed for me. One year is a tiny sample to assume any thing. He, Lowe, Solak, Ibanez, White, Calhoun,Miller are either gone or being considered gone. In my thinking we have a C,2B and SS that is poured in concrete. That is it. Not much has been done so much is yet to be done. At this time,2023 is not the year we contend.
Pitching has finer glimmer of hope.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Garcia had a good year overall so I let him play the entire year. We also don’t have much else ready. Next year is different. Also it seems like a Garcia comes up big in big situations
I surely don’t mind letting Calhoun go at some point. His stats are about the worst on the team
So White should probably get more starts IMO to see if he needs to be kept

Lowe needs a good year or all bets are off for his future

Other thing I don’t see is the synergy on this team ,,,,like a guy like Josh Smith helps create. Too much business and not enough baseball fun
A manager has to have a feel for this. And more of a rally spirit vs able to sympathize. Get someone else for that

I think sending down Howard energized the staff
Nada for the hitters. We need a good leadoff guy bad

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great teams have intangibles. Not seeing it on this team so far. No real identity. Whining or making bad jokes take your pick or both are bad looks. It is like the mgr thinks the team has zero self esteem or confidence and need propping

If they don’t have that attitude coming in they should not be here in the first place

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1