• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle of the Bluebloods

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are pretty chippy between OU and Bama fans in multiple threads so I thought it was time for this. It’s easy to pick out the youngsters on both sides, as well as the ones that never grew up and get some sort of self worth through what the football team does. Let’s be honest, all programs have those fans but in general the more you have the more successful you have been and these 2 teams have been successful big time. Bama has had more success as of late but there have been eras where OU was dominant as well. Anyway, the message I have is this is a BIG TIME matchup that has been in the works for a while. Bama should win yes, but don’t expect the OU coaches, players or fans to cower, just not in our DNA and it shouldn’t be based on the programs place in history. Truth be known this is a game of respect between what are arguably the 2 best programs in college football history. This is a message board though and we got almost 3 more weeks of hate so let’s get on with it!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you're facing Bama in the playoffs. Talk shit like we did last year leading up to the Rose Bowl.

No doubt that is going to happen, matchups like this are what we were hoping for when this whole deal was set up.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are pretty chippy between OU and Bama fans in multiple threads so I thought it was time for this. It’s easy to pick out the youngsters on both sides, as well as the ones that never grew up and get some sort of self worth through what the football team does. Let’s be honest, all programs have those fans but in general the more you have the more successful you have been and these 2 teams have been successful big time. Bama has had more success as of late but there have been eras where OU was dominant as well. Anyway, the message I have is this is a BIG TIME matchup that has been in the works for a while. Bama should win yes, but don’t expect the OU coaches, players or fans to cower, just not in our DNA and it shouldn’t be based on the programs place in history. Truth be known this is a game of respect between what are arguably the 2 best programs in college football history. This is a message board though and we got almost 3 more weeks of hate so let’s get on with it!
ROLL TIDE!!!!!! DESTROY THE COVERED WAGONS!!!!!!

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Bama OU game in Tuscaloosa as a student. Very great home and home when OU was the national power - we lost both, as expected but Stoops echoed basically the same sentiments about us at the time - I share the OPs opinion, but not his bed.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not about you,, I do love the match-up of two great Traditions, and I know both well.. However,, there is an atonement if you will that has to happen, there was a certain poster from over at the pussy palace that created a "catch Phrase" after yalls win in 14, well, there is a payback coming.. and its not really revenge,, It's a Reckoning.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not about you,, I do love the match-up of two great Traditions, and I know both well.. However,, there is an atonement if you will that has to happen, there was a certain poster from over at the pussy palace that created a "catch Phrase" after yalls win in 14, well, there is a payback coming.. and its not really revenge,, It's a Reckoning.
giphy.gif

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring OU is 3-1-1 vs Alabama which is a 70% win rate which is about the same as OU's winning percentage vs Kansas(72%).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring OU is 3-1-1 vs Alabama which is a 70% win rate which is about the same as OU's winning percentage vs Kansas(72%).

OU is a lot of things but boring isn’t one of them. Sometimes I wish we were more boring.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is a lot of things but boring isn’t one of them. Sometimes I wish we were more boring.

I mean the match up is boring. I wish we were playing a team that was more competitive.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the match up is boring. I wish we were playing a team that was more competitive.

Nobody is forcing you to take a 7pt win over a 4-8 Alabama team while you were supposedly the best team in the country to be so meaningful.

But grats on your great victory!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Y'all ded.