• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball Season Begins!

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's football time, but I'm a big basketball guy too. Anyone in attendance for the first practice last night? I'm curious as to how the guys are looking.

Of course, go Hokies and beat Wake!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Open scrimmage the day of the BC game (ithink). I may skip the tailgate and check out the bball game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, we had a Midnight Madness last night?

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more "Late Night", but I think there was an open practice

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok. I haven't seen anything about it. I actually like basketball better as a sport in general than football. I know, I'm crazy, right? With our solid freshmen coming in this year, I actually expect us to be just as good if not better than last year. We've got a nice balance of young talent and veteran experience (especially with Hudson and JT coming off medical redshirts). If Greenberg uses his full bench instead of foolishly playing a 6 to 7 man rotation of upper classmen (which he's done before), we have a shot at being in the top half of the ACC. UNC and Duke are loaded but I truly believe we can be top 5.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I don't think you're crazy. And saying UNC is loaded is the understatement of the century. All five starters could go in the first round of next year's draft.

I agree, I think we could be at least as good as last year. Everyone has high hopes for DFS, but I think all of our freshmen (not van Zegeren) will play important minutes. I had heard Eddie has looked really good, and Garland picked it up. I hope we can get good production out of VD, CR, and CJB so that JTT can still come off the bench and be a high energy guy.

I'm thinking the starting lineup (maybe not at game 1) will be Green, Hudson, Finney-Smith, Eddie, and Davila... What do you think?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No more "Late Night", but I think there was an open practice

DAMN! really? i didnt know about that.

BTW i dont know if it has been posted but Jarrell Eddie has had his suspension lifted. Was supposed to be out until start of second semester.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I don't think you're crazy. And saying UNC is loaded is the understatement of the century. All five starters could go in the first round of next year's draft.

I agree, I think we could be at least as good as last year. Everyone has high hopes for DFS, but I think all of our freshmen (not van Zegeren) will play important minutes. I had heard Eddie has looked really good, and Garland picked it up. I hope we can get good production out of VD, CR, and CJB so that JTT can still come off the bench and be a high energy guy.

I'm thinking the starting lineup (maybe not at game 1) will be Green, Hudson, Finney-Smith, Eddie, and Davila... What do you think?

I'd replace Eddie with JT if I had to guess the starting line up. I'd rather have his experience in there. Plus, when he was healthy, he actually had a few games where he was worthy of being a starter but Greenberg would go back and forth with his minutes.

I hope we open it up offensively this season though with a lot more ball movement. I do not like Greenberg's strategy of smothering defense followed by grind it out offense. With this recruiting class, we've got the personal to play more up tempo.