• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

basically tied for first.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course we gave the Steelers their only win.

amazing the loss of tj watt makes? they have other problems too. they shoulda signed cayenne peppa as their QB of the futya.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been away for a few weeks. Had some PTO to burn, and just didn't feel like logging in after week 1 and 2...and then figured I'd be a poser if I logged back in after wins in week 3 and 4. Now back to .500 - I guess I'm safe again...LOL

Ironic that the last 2 times the Bengals had a bye (or mini-bye) where the other 3 AFCN teams played on Sunday (and the Bengals didn't) all 3 lost.

This division isn't as good as I think many thought it would be. Cleveland is going to yo-you with JB at QB and their defense is good, but has some bad spurts. The Ravens defense is still not good from last year, and Pitt is an abject mess.

If the Bengals can weather losing Reader at NT, and the OL can continue to gel and get Mixon into gear (Rumor is, Mixon has been tipping his run plays, but also held a meeting with the OL to help look at why plays aren't working, and I'm sure the subject of him dancing a bit too much was also discussed, so we'll see...)...no reason to think they can't still take this division.

However, Baltimore is 0-2 currently at home. Going to be really, really tough to get them to 0-3.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been away for a few weeks. Had some PTO to burn, and just didn't feel like logging in after week 1 and 2...and then figured I'd be a poser if I logged back in after wins in week 3 and 4. Now back to .500 - I guess I'm safe again...LOL

Ironic that the last 2 times the Bengals had a bye (or mini-bye) where the other 3 AFCN teams played on Sunday (and the Bengals didn't) all 3 lost.

This division isn't as good as I think many thought it would be. Cleveland is going to yo-you with JB at QB and their defense is good, but has some bad spurts. The Ravens defense is still not good from last year, and Pitt is an abject mess.

If the Bengals can weather losing Reader at NT, and the OL can continue to gel and get Mixon into gear (Rumor is, Mixon has been tipping his run plays, but also held a meeting with the OL to help look at why plays aren't working, and I'm sure the subject of him dancing a bit too much was also discussed, so we'll see...)...no reason to think they can't still take this division.

However, Baltimore is 0-2 currently at home. Going to be really, really tough to get them to 0-3.
Baltimore has now lost 5 straight at home dating back to last year. All five games have been 1 score games with four of them being 3 points or less.... And they've had 4th quarter leads in almost every game. Lots of times these things are fluky and coincidental, but I imagine people are going to start asking questions about Harbaugh if this trend continues to plague them this year.

I don't have a good feel for how this Bengals season plays out. Part of me thinks that this will be one of those teams that is frustrating to watch - A group that you continue to wait for the light to turn on and they'll continue to underachieve even as they stay within striking distance of the division. I could also see them making some changes and tapping into the potential they posses - Similar to last season. In some ways, Taylor strikes me as too patient and unwilling to move off his priorities. He had his issues last year with some hiccups on the offensive side as well. But maybe he gets to the point this season where he says the zone read isn't working, I'm going to simplify the offense and focus on what we can get out of the run and otherwise just let Joe cook. If this offense can find some consistency, the Bengals will be hard to beat. They have a stingy defense, excellent kicker, and they continue to not be heavily penalized. We'll see.

Hard to imagine a Bengals win this week - I think they've had this game marked since Burrow put 525 on them last December. I also think they are desperate for a home win. That said, the Ravens win last year in October was the point where all of us started realizing that this team could make a serious run. My guess is that is what would happen if we win this week - The dialogue around this team will quickly change from team with a Super Bowl hangover to team that is a legit threat to KC and Buffalo for the AFC crown.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As crazy as it sounds looking at the scoreboard I thought Pickett looked pretty good for the most part. He was accurate and made quick decisions. I expect them to get better as the season goes along.
The Browns are playing about as well as you can hope with a backup QB. I've always been a Baker apologist but their offense hasn't lost anything without him. If they can stay around .500 until Watson's back and manage to sneak in the playoffs they'll be a very tough out.
The winner tonight is obviously a the favorite in the division