• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barry Bonds Out After..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was 'special' h/c assistant for the giants in spring training 2014 (maybe 2015, can't remember). several of the players credited him for helping with their approach at the plate. really got belt off to a good start (and then he reverted to his old ways.... :(

no way could bonds keep up a coaching gig for a full season. as a spring training assistant .. maybe. best eye in the game in recent memory and he seemed engaged for a short spring session....
I think this is his best position. The Giants should get him back in the fold as one if their "Community Ambasadors" that they like to have. He could be on-call for assistance with the hitters and just settle in as a Giants alumnus.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is his best position. The Giants should get him back in the fold as one if their "Community Ambasadors" that they like to have. He could be on-call for assistance with the hitters and just settle in as a Giants alumnus.

i agree.. he knows pitchers and he knows how to approach an at bat. fans up here would love to see him impart some knowledge to the team. i guess there's enough bad blood with management that its unlikely to happen

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I heard he was doing a good job, looks like I heard wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I heard he was doing a good job, looks like I heard wrong.
This.

Earlier in the season, I thought I heard good reviews from the players. Apparently he was still causing drama during the day-to-day.

I still hope he comes back to the Giants as a special instructor/community ambassador/whatever.