• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore at Texas, the Second Half & ESPN RIP

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why I try not to get to caught up in trade talk, something looks like a go (hello Greinke) and then it doesn't work out. (so it can be a bit maddening)

I'm reading the Cubs want Perez for Garza....uhhh, no way. And JD said he won't deal him, which is a relief.
But then look for the Dodgers, Cards or other big players sneak in.
Anyway, rumors are the Cubs want pitching (yeah, who doesn't)...so this will be interesting.
tick tock to the trade-deadline talk, we'll know soon

Not sure what happened to the talk with Rios, apparently they don't like the offers they are getting for him.
Cuddyer could POSSIBLY go "at the last minute"
sorry if this has already been addressed in the thread

Great news about Baker, that was some high-five
Alot of that is posturing, Lainey. The Rios stuff, I'm sure.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and either Gentry E. Beltre or Murphy is crowding the bench. If we bring in a hitting of, that should eliminate some people.

I don't think we can move Murphy, it would be nice to throw him in with a deal, I suppose that's possible.

(my apologies to Murph, always been one of my favorites, but he's had plenty of time to come around, time to go, or take a seat. I fully expect to see him out of the lineup, as things get rolling again after the trade deadline)

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why I try not to get to caught up in trade talk, something looks like a go (hello Greinke) and then it doesn't work out. (so it can be a bit maddening)

I'm reading the Cubs want Perez for Garza....uhhh, no way. And JD said he won't deal him, which is a relief.
But then look for the Dodgers, Cards or other big players sneak in.
Anyway, rumors are the Cubs want pitching (yeah, who doesn't)...so this will be interesting.
tick tock to the trade-deadline talk, we'll know soon

Not sure what happened to the talk with Rios, apparently they don't like the offers they are getting for him.
Cuddyer could POSSIBLY go "at the last minute"
sorry if this has already been addressed in the thread

Great news about Baker, that was some high-five
I don't get too caught up in the rumors either. I wouldn't mind Cuddyer, but with the Rockies only 4.5 out I don't see them selling.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get too caught up in the rumors either. I wouldn't mind Cuddyer, but with the Rockies only 4.5 out I don't see them selling.

it seems like a long-shot for sure, but someone did put the "possibly at the last minute" out there...for whatever that's worth.
I don't see the Rockies taking the division.... so who knows. I tend to agree they would have a hard time letting him go only that far back.
tick tock tick tock I guess.

How many days left? :D
(rhetorical)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a totally de-railing-a-thread-note. I KNEW my Iced Coffee addiction would get me. (maybe some will remember that discussion)
Some massive ford truck just crunched my front-end today (yes, at Starbucks, his fault)
nobody was hurt, no biggie.

but addiction doesn't pay folks, you heard it here first.
I've SWORN off all iced-coffee....

until tomorrow.

anyway carry on with the trade-talk.
:)
I'm out (little family trip) until hopefully Sunday or Mondays game
Go RANGERS!!!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]358027788403474433[/MEDIA]"]3m[/ame]
One official in #Rangers-#Cubs talks believes Garza deal getting closer. Prospects from various levels in play. Olt “possibly” involved

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 3m
One official in #Rangers-#Cubs talks believes Garza deal getting closer. Prospects from various levels in play. Olt “possibly” involved
Thanks Darryl you ole NTSU EAGLE you. ha:lol:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:Thanks Darryl you ole NTSU EAGLE you. ha:lol:
The Mean Green is at your service! Looks like we may be able to make a call by end of night. Maybe.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mean Green is at your service! Looks like we may be able to make a call by end of night. Maybe.
Your avatar would suggest you're are on the phone and closing the deal.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your avatar would suggest you're are on the phone and closing the deal.
No, you don't want me in that role. I'd be as indecisive as all get out. Still not sure JD's making the right call.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]358043231562371072[/MEDIA]"]10m[/ame]
Sources: Right-hander C.J. Edwards, 8-2 with a 1.83 ERA for Rangers’ Class A Hickory club, is in play in Garza talks, sources say.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson@JeffWilson_FWST [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]358050469806997504[/MEDIA]"]7m[/ame]
Alexi Ogando allows two runs in seven innings on 80 pitches for Triple A Round Rock. Should be a go for #Rangers on Tuesday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This homestand is really Big. Got to go 5/2 or 6/1. They got their Horses back ,Yu, Ogando, Holland, Baker, now they have to ride'um Hard and Long. And pray for Health the rest of the way.
Go,Go Rangers

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we don't pay too steep a price for Garza.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we don't pay too steep a price for Garza.
It is going to take something decent to get this guy. My main hope is that Garza performs as well as we hope or even better. If he does and the injury bug goes away and we get a few guys back the Rangers will close strong. A bat would help too but these weak starts for the last 6 weeks or so by Grimm, Tepich, etc. have hurt the BP and kept this team from being a few games better at this point than their record.

Your avatar is great! That is one of my all time favorite movie scenes. It is a metaphor too for the pitching starts by Grimm and Tepich. :yahoo:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to take something decent to get this guy. My main hope is that Garza performs as well as we hope or even better. If he does and the injury bug goes away and we get a few guys back the Rangers will close strong. A bat would help too but these weak starts for the last 6 weeks or so by Grimm, Tepich, etc. have hurt the BP and kept this team from being a few games better at this point than their record.

Your avatar is great! That is one of my all time favorite movie scenes. It is a metaphor too for the pitching starts by Grimm and Tepich. :yahoo:
Thanks. It's a great pic and movie. One of my favorites. Well, it looks like pretty much a done deal regardless who's involved. They want Garza to pitch for Wolf on Saturday. Hope they can resign the guy.