• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore at Texas, the Second Half & ESPN RIP

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care now. Not helping the team. With this offense we can ill afford to carry anyone. He will build up prestige in Round Rock. With the Garza trade effort we are definitely in win now mode.
I can't argue with that...we can't afford to carry baggage...

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since 1974 - the days of Billy Martin, Jeff Burroughs, Toby Harrah, Fergie Jenkins... We gave the A's a good scare that year!

I started since day 1 when they came from Washington DC. Loved Fergy. He went like 25-12 the one year. Then there was Gaylord Perry and his spitter. Remember the Rangers winning 1-0 games and Burroughs hitting the solo shot. I hated the A's then and still hate them to this day.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels lead Oakland 4-0 but theyve gone to the bullpen in the 8th so it's a toss up at this point

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Manny finds a time machine or the Marlins get stupid and offer Stanton for peanuts I'm afraid we are stuck with this putrid offense. Credit the pitching, injuries and all, for keeping the Rangers afloat to this point. Its actually pretty impressive that Texas is only a couple of games out. But this offense is a dreadful thing to watch.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen looked so good tonight. But he missed so many times its crazy. Like how could any major league team not hit better than that? And stupid ass baserunning mistakes. Fuck me

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW guys, I'm not at all saying I've quit on this team, because I wouldn't ever do that, I'm just pointing something out and stating my opinions on the matter. Why in the hell does someone quitting on a team for one season make them a bandwagon fan? We pay and give our undivided attention and loyalty to a team that is on the field supposed to be doing their jobs. When they don't do it, and we lose faith in this team and say "maybe next year" why do some people say "Oh getting off your bandwagon huh?" When I think of someone on a bandwagon, I think of like Astros fans who have converted to rangers fans, or orioles fans who have converted to nationals fans. Not people who like the same team every year but give up on them? I mean some people need to grow tf up and quit watching movies. "A real fan never gives up on his team" well how bout you keep eating your little fruit basket and keep watching disney sports movies while we watch the real deal. I hate that so much. Just my opinion on it sorry for ranting. If you wanna throw in the towel on your favorite team til next year that doesn't make you a bandwagon fan, it makes you a freakin realist. We all have lives besides watching our favorite teams, so if we say you wanna spend some more time living it then more power to you.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a fundamentally sound team. That goes to the manager. The baserunning has been abysmal for a few seasons now. Again, on Wash. But nothing will change. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels lead Oakland 4-0 but theyve gone to the bullpen in the 8th so it's a toss up at this point

Oakland loses, we gotta find enough offense to win games that are pitched well. This was a night we could have made up ground, there won't be too many of those opportunities along the way. I didn't see much offense with Cruz out and gentry, Martin and Profar in the outfield. This was however a winnable with Derek's performance and the offense again screwed him

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker and Murph should be platooned in left. Experiments in the midle of the season , wrong time , wrong place. Profar should be Bench, utility player. This offense is pressing, too dependent on the Homer, needs more Focus , fundamentals, speed. .
Rangers need a spark, some energy, a walk off Win, a Brawl:gaah:
Have Rangers had a Walk off at Home this year?:noidea:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started since day 1 when they came from Washington DC. Loved Fergy. He went like 25-12 the one year. Then there was Gaylord Perry and his spitter. Remember the Rangers winning 1-0 games and Burroughs hitting the solo shot. I hated the A's then and still hate them to this day.
We should have done better with that team...'74-'76 bunch. We also had Jim Bibby and acquired Perry. Heck we had Hargrove and Sundberg as the new kids...and Grieve wasnt a bad ballplayer either. The back end of the rotation was poor and our relievers weren't the best ( I think Steve Foucault was our closer? But my memory's a bit blurry there). But we were a big hitting team, and continued that way for many, many years (if we had chat rooms then, all our bitching would have been about our average pitching and our ever putrid defense!). So it's hard to see a Ranger team like this 2013 bunch that struggles to score runs. Not used to it and it adds to my frustration with this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

me too. went to the 1st home game and have been a fan ever since

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
me too. went to the 1st home game and have been a fan ever since

Thats awesome. I live up here in Pittsburgh but I follow the Rangers closely. Came down to Arlington in the early 90's alot to see Nolan pitch. Really liked that team alot with R.Sierra, J.Franco, J. Gonzalez and Pudge

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never to early to talk baseball. Thanks for the thread. This is a good board just different. Do wish we could have gotten more guys and gals to come over but some needed not bother who wanted to disturb and troll. Any way here we are and looking for a good second half.

I'm here! I may not post all that often, but I'll be around...lol. This board's layout is okay, but I would prefer the ESPN site. But so be it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here! I may not post all that often, but I'll be around...lol. This board's layout is okay, but I would prefer the ESPN site. But so be it.
Welcome 1prboy! Yeah, I'd prefer the ESPN format myself back then. Deep sigh. Don't really like it now. I tried and have a FB account I rarely use. Oh well. Not a very good beginning to the second half. Hopefully Wolf could set us going in the right direction.

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome 1prboy! Yeah, I'd prefer the ESPN format myself back then. Deep sigh. Don't really like it now. I tried and have a FB account I rarely use. Oh well. Not a very good beginning to the second half. Hopefully Wolf could set us going in the right direction.

Thanx! I agree that Wolf can definitely help. I like that JD/Nolan are looking at quality pitching, I just wish they would go after someone like Chris Sale vs. Matt Garza. I would prefer Sale because he's under a long-term contract as opposed to Garza who would almost certainly be a short-term rental. But this whole crap with the team struggling with RISP is becoming worrisome. It's been a season(s)-long problem and has to be addressed if they are going to advance in the post-season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I heard this correctly on the postgame show, the Rangers are 4-37 in the last 10 games w/RISP….0-10 last night. Cardinals were 6-14 last night LOL

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanx! I agree that Wolf can definitely help. I like that JD/Nolan are looking at quality pitching, I just wish they would go after someone like Chris Sale vs. Matt Garza. I would prefer Sale because he's under a long-term contract as opposed to Garza who would almost certainly be a short-term rental. But this whole crap with the team struggling with RISP is becoming worrisome. It's been a season(s)-long problem and has to be addressed if they are going to advance in the post-season.
Personally, I was so hoping Tampa Bay would fail miserably and they would trade us Price. Looks like they are definitely at least a Wild Card team. No way this trade deadline ends without JD getting a hitter. Imperative!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I was so hoping Tampa Bay would fail miserably and they would trade us Price. Looks like they are definitely at least a Wild Card team. No way this trade deadline ends without JD getting a hitter. Imperative!

They leapfrogged us in the standings. Honestly is this team even playoff worthy right now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They leapfrogged us in the standings. Honestly is this team even playoff worthy right now?

Based in what I saw last night, no. However, it doesn't help when our idiot manager has AJ hitting third. Stupid fucker.