• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad scenario

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think we go 13-3 with some random free agent qb. smith still made some key plays late in games

I don't think we go 13-3 with Smith, either. We don't get a third place schedule this year. We're guaranteed to play New Orleans (could be bad for NO pending the QB situation), Green Bay and the Giants, and two of them will be on the road.

Doesn't really matter though. Any team can get hot late in the season. The Giants did each of their last two SB's, Green Bay did in 2010-11, Arizona did several years before that.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel like the Hasselbeck debate is like a definitive test whether or not someone is a rational or irrational Smith critic.

FYI, the last year Hasselbeck had a higher QB rating than Smith was 2007. That is a bit of a trick, because Smith was out 2008.....but the other three years Smith has *significantly* outplayed him. And now Hasselbeck is like 85 years old. Saying we should get him is pretty much a sign you'd take anyone else you've heard of.

I'd take Ralph Macchio over Alex Smith.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of all the qb suggestions last offseason, smith outperformed them all. so was the grass greener last year as well?

u must have a short memory

Honestly, I think virtually anybody ("virtually" being limited to people who are professional-caliber quarterbacks) could have done what Smith did last year. And if they didn't conform to Harbaugh's in-game instructions, they would have been benched.

Even ten years ago, 3000 yards and 17 TD's wasn't the sign of a good 16 game, starting quarterback. Smith rode what the defense and kicking game provided him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what gets me. smith misses one pass, he sucks, same old smith. he leads a comeback, anybody can do it.

what a joke

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Ralph Macchio over Alex Smith.

Hyperbole fine...but this kind of argument is just as foul and wrong as saying Smith is the franchise QB of the future and will be a Pro-Bowler next year. Amazing the bi-polarity of people on this subject (not you just the subject)...

I don't know how people can forget so quickly what happened last season with Smith...Last year he was good enough to lead the team (13-3) to an impossible win over supposedly unbeatable NOLA and to the NFC Championship game. He was in the game that was supposed to have Brees or Rodgers...and it was narrow loss to the team that won the Superbowl...and Smith is no better than the Karate Kid?...wow...:L

If we land Manning that's something else, that's just smart business...but aside from that Smith is the best and most deserving option. There are only a handful of QBs that could complain about being replaced by Manning... Smith ain't one of 'em. But I'd like to see what Smith can do next season.

I wonder what Ralphie boy will think about that 26th ranked offensive line???

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Southern......they aren't just forgetting last season. They're basically pretending it never happened, any and all credit given goes to Harbaugh. Most of these guys *assume* CK or other random nobody can outplay Smith.