• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete Carroll couldnt get him to work in Seattle which fits Pryors style of play then that should tell you, stay away from Terrell.

Now Muzz I must ask why Pete is some QB guru in your mind? I see his USC kids are so awesome in the pros.:L

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 4 damn sure don't want to see Mallett in the Big D.....EVER

990237_700b.jpg

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor's arm is awful. He is not accurate and makes bad decisions.

In college when you have the best athletes on your side of the ball he could throw it up and they made the plays. In the NFL everyone is a great athlete and you better have a good and accurate arm.

Pryor does run well but so did Tebow. If Pryor could not beat out Tavarias Jackson you are pretty much at the end of the road for backup jobs.

Detroit's passing game is one that demands an accurate QB. To go with a wildcat type you would need to restructure your offense when the #2 or 3 goes in.

Plus he is a Buckeye and that makes him for shit as a pro QB.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor's arm is awful. He is not accurate and makes bad decisions.

In college when you have the best athletes on your side of the ball he could throw it up and they made the plays. In the NFL everyone is a great athlete and you better have a good and accurate arm.

Pryor does run well but so did Tebow. If Pryor could not beat out Tavarias Jackson you are pretty much at the end of the road for backup jobs.

Detroit's passing game is one that demands an accurate QB. To go with a wildcat type you would need to restructure your offense when the #2 or 3 goes in.

Plus he is a Buckeye and that makes him for shit as a pro QB.

JD nailed it......This is why Detroit dosen't need to bother with Pryor. I actually can't believe we are discussing it quite frankly. Then again we have Orlovsky and then it makes sense again.

Face it. If Stafford goes down the Lions are done for the year....No need in spending money on a guy that makes no difference.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way any guy we pick up would have to be a major upgrade over Orlovsky, because our HC and Offensive staff all come from keeping 2 QBs. I don't see anyone that looks like an improvement over Orlovsky when factoring in the unknown to the coaches and having to learn the offense with pretty much no practice reps.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard my last post as Moore somehow made the 53. If we're carrying three I'm pretty much for bringing in anyone. I hate both our backups. Give me Pryor, Mallett, give me that little girl that made all the boys in Pop Warner look like girls. I don't care, just upgrade one of those two spots if we're going to waste space on the roster with 3 quarterbacks.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos released Zac Dysert, he'd be another intriguing option.

At this point I'm convinced that Kellen Moore is better than Orlovsky. I'd bump him up to #2 and bring in a developmental kid.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos released Zac Dysert, he'd be another intriguing option.

At this point I'm convinced that Kellen Moore is better than Orlovsky. I'd bump him up to #2 and bring in a developmental kid.

I think the only reason the Lions kept 3 QBs is because Moore beat out Orvlosky.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason the Lions kept 3 QBs is because Moore beat out Orvlosky.

The Lions would be better to just drop a #3 QB and keep a guy like Winn.......He would actually see playing time where as if Stafford goes down, it won't matter.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the Moore's arm is not strong enough crowd the last two years. I am rethinking that opinion after watching him this offseason.

Not sure if he could handle extended playing time but he definitely looked better than Orvlosky. I think he is even good enough to be a backup in the NFL. Outside of 1-2 guys not many backups would save a season if a starter goes down...maybe Cousins, and ???.

Detroit let two pretty good backups go in Hill and Stanton. But they do not save the season if Stafford goes down. They save a game or two but thats about it. A playoff contender stops being one when they lose their starter in general. See Bears!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the Moore's arm is not strong enough crowd the last two years. I am rethinking that opinion after watching him this offseason.

Not sure if he could handle extended playing time but he definitely looked better than Orvlosky. I think he is even good enough to be a backup in the NFL. Outside of 1-2 guys not many backups would save a season if a starter goes down...maybe Cousins, and ???.

Detroit let two pretty good backups go in Hill and Stanton. But they do not save the season if Stafford goes down. They save a game or two but thats about it. A playoff contender stops being one when they lose their starter in general. See Bears!

:10::agree: I'm a Kellen Moore fan when it comes to backups......He's accurate and might be able to salvage a game. Other then that not much needs to be said about the Lions QB situation......It's kinda written in stone......

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I was pretty surprised by some of the throws he made this preseason, particularly the TD throw to Fuller.

He still doesn't have good arm strength, you can see that on some of the throws that he doesn't really get to step in to, but I think he's developed to the point of having functional arm strength.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move keeping Moore. Someone would have snapped him up.