• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to the Big12?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could but a trip from Aimes to Texas is much shorter then one from Morgantown to Texas. I was just thinking of the possibilities to help this go through. I pray for this.

The chances of catching Covid from a 2 hour public flight is 1 in 4300.

These schools charter their own flights. Travel is not an issue.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to put the kibosh on that 'go to' Texas derp is to start talking about Vince Young's wonderlic score.

Yeah. The Big 12 was formed in 1994, began competition in 1996, but Sir Vince Young played for them from 2002 - 2005.

Nebraska football has more academic All-American's than any other FBS school. By far.

"But Nebraska 4th grade reading levels." - tejas fan
Yeah cause wonderlic is like getting tutors to help you pass a GED..

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could but a trip from Aimes to Texas is much shorter then one from Morgantown to Texas. I was just thinking of the possibilities to help this go through. I pray for this.
It's coming out that Texas offered to help schools with obtaining test kits and to share the safety protocols it's been practicing.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of hot air from Frost. He knows there isn't much he can do about this, but at least he looks good to the students and Alums for talking tough

I agree.

Just like the Big 10 presidents and commissioners voted to kill the season, they could vote to withhold Nebraska's share of their Big 10 payout.

I'm just accepting that there will be no Husker football this fall. That way I won't be further disappointed.

I'm in hopes the Big 12, ACC, and SEC don't fold their hands and we get some football.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's coming out that Texas offered to help schools with obtaining test kits and to share the safety protocols it's been practicing.

I imagine the big dog did something to sway the minions they don’t totally own.

Hey, but I’m all for WVU playing all road games this year. Of course next year would be all home games in conference. It’s only fair!

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this.
Sounds like a shot across the bow that there will be some kind of reparations for Nebraska if they play others. Likely a portion of their Big 10 payout.

"Asked Tuesday about Nebraska's statement, commissioner Kevin Warren told ESPN's Heather Dinich, "We have 14 schools in the Big Ten conference. I appreciate the passion of all of our schools. I didn't expect all of our coaches to be ecstatic that the decision was made, so I understand they're passionate. ... My expectation is that when you're in a conference, you can't be in a conference and be an independent. That's where we are. I expect for our 14 members to go forward together."

I would just hate to let him down....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just hate to let him down....

I'm sure UNL attorneys are scouring the Big 10 contracts for anything that could lead to reparations. Hopefully there's only statutes to address not playing 'assigned' conference games.

The Big 10 has no control over who Nebraska plays as their 3 OOC games as long as they're FBS. What's the difference here?

If Nebraska sees no statutes specific to "Can't play if the Big 10 don't play", they may risk litigation.

You know damn well the Big 10 attorneys will be scouring the statutes prior to filing anything.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all 14 AD's, commissioners, presidents, were on board when it came to playing just a conference schedule. I don't think the Big 10 had to force anyone.

i.e. "I expect for our 14 members to go forward together." - Kevin Warren

Nebraska went "forward together" on that. They were On-Board, No complaints, No dissension.

Complete cancellation is a different story.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is buy out clause allowing Nebraska to leave the BIG, I'm 100% confident that Husker Nation could start a go fund me account and have the cash in 5 minutes.
"Here's your money now go fuck yourselves, Please and Thank you." -Husker Nation

Ohio State will accept the challenge and have the buy out cash to leave the BIG in 2 minutes.
"Bend over, all the money is in pennies and we plan on shoving it up your ass." -Buckeye Nation

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa watching Lincoln right now.

deer-popcorn.gif

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported on CBS sports 5 minutes ago,

The Big 12's presidents have decided to allow their conference to proceed toward playing the 2020 college football season this fall despite the Big Ten and Pac-12 canceling their 2020 seasons on Tuesday, multiple conference sources told CBS Sports on Tuesday night. League sources said earlier that the Big 12 was leaning in that direction prior to an evening conference call.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is buy out clause allowing Nebraska to leave the BIG, I'm 100% confident that Husker Nation could start a go fund me account and have the cash in 5 minutes.
"Here's your money now go fuck yourselves, Please and Thank you." -Husker Nation

Ohio State will accept the challenge and have the buy out cash to leave the BIG in 2 minutes.
"Bend over, all the money is in pennies and we plan on shoving it up your ass." -Buckeye Nation

I bet it's something like 30 million and they have to give a 2 year notice before they leave. No exaggeration.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported on CBS sports 5 minutes ago,

The Big 12's presidents have decided to allow their conference to proceed toward playing the 2020 college football season this fall despite the Big Ten and Pac-12 canceling their 2020 seasons on Tuesday, multiple conference sources told CBS Sports on Tuesday night. League sources said earlier that the Big 12 was leaning in that direction prior to an evening conference call.

Good for them in having common sense and actually caring about their student athletes.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure UNL attorneys are scouring the Big 10 contracts for anything that could lead to reparations. Hopefully there's only statutes to address not playing 'assigned' conference games.

The Big 10 has no control over who Nebraska plays as their 3 OOC games as long as they're FBS. What's the difference here?

If Nebraska sees no statutes specific to "Can't play if the Big 10 don't play", they may risk litigation.

You know damn well the Big 10 attorneys will be scouring the statutes prior to filing anything.
Iowa State is still looking for an OOC game for 9/12. I am personally inviting Nebraska to Ames!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$30 million that's it?
You don't pay the BIG to stay, you pay them to leave
It might be 0 like it is in the S.E.C. If I were the Big Xii or S.E.C., I would offer an invitation to both Nebraska and Penn State.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it would be a mistake for Nebraska to leave the B1G just to play this year. The season is going to be a shitty season at best.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it would be a mistake for Nebraska to leave the B1G just to play this year. The season is going to be a shitty season at best.
I agree but let's be honest this isn't exactly a great culture fit. How do people really expect NU to pay an exit fee, entrance fee when they are going to be losing $80-$100 million dollars in revenue?