• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 11 seed is seeded 11th for a reason. If they beat the 6 seed, it's an upset.

Point is with all the teams Iowa has had I’m
Surprised they haven’t made a run. These kids are close in age and any team can win especially those kind of matchups.

Iowa is a great home team and maybe that has something to do with their lack of success in the tourney

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hands have to get better and footwork too. But he’s only a freshman

Maybe you're talking about a different guy lol.

Cause I said Frazier. Who is a junior.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is with all the teams Iowa has had I’m
Surprised they haven’t made a run. These kids are close in age and any team can win especially those kind of matchups.

Iowa is a great home team and maybe that has something to do with their lack of success in the tourney

In 3 instances(2015, 2016 and 2019) they lost to teams that were were clearly better than them(Gonzaga, Villanova, Tennessee). In 2014 they lost in the First Four, meaning they barely made it in. I'm not sure why you're surprised they haven't made the S16? Last year was their best shot given Tennessee was the worst of those 3 teams, and they almost pulled it out.

If you are a 7 seed or worse, you generally haven't been a good road team. These are teams generally thought of as not being a top 25 team.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're talking about a different guy lol.

Cause I said Frazier. Who is a junior.

Shit thought you said Cockburn.

don’t be a stat geek. Frazier started off pretty cold

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit thought you said Cockburn.

don’t be a stat geek. Frazier started off pretty cold

Thats all you can go off when you see a spot up shooter hurling bricks all game. Did it Thursday too.

He should keep his shot attempts to like 7.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 instances(2015, 2016 and 2019) they lost to teams that were were clearly better than them(Gonzaga, Villanova, Tennessee). In 2014 they lost in the First Four, meaning they barely made it in. I'm not sure why you're surprised they haven't made the S16? Last year was their best shot given Tennessee was the worst of those 3 teams, and they almost pulled it out.

If you are a 7 seed or worse, you generally haven't been a good road team. These are teams generally thought of as not being a top 25 team.

I said I’m surprised they haven’t made a decent run yeah. Loyola beat Tennessee (3 seed)

Iowa has had some decent teams but maybe their game doesn’t translate away from home.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats all you can go off when you see a spot up shooter hurling bricks all game. Did it Thursday too.

He should keep his shot attempts to like 7.

It’s not all you can go by unless you watch all his games. He can absolutely catch fire. He was 3 For 8 today from 3. He’s shot 37% from downtown this year and started ice cold.

stat geeks lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I’m surprised they haven’t made a decent run yeah. Loyola beat Tennessee (3 seed)

Iowa has had some decent teams but maybe their game doesn’t translate away from home.

Yes, Loyola had a magical run, as evidenced by the fact they were crap before and crap after. I enjoyed it like everyone else. Loyola was also fortunate, Iowa just hasn't been. Iowa's also had to play better competition in the 2nd round.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Loyola had a magical run, as evidenced by the fact they were crap before and crap after. I enjoyed it like everyone else. Loyola was also fortunate, Iowa just hasn't been. Iowa's also had to play better competition in the 2nd round.

You just said Iowa lost to Tennessee. Lol. Loyola best Tennessee in what round?

Loyola got it done. They made a run with offense and defense. Not sure Iowa can do it away from home.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not all you can go by unless you watch all his games. He can absolutely catch fire. He was 3 For 8 today from 3. He’s shot 37% from downtown this year and started ice cold.

stat geeks lol

38/37% for a guy average 9 ppg that can basically only catch and shoot is not good. Lmao.

There’s a reason he’s shooting and scoring less this year and team is better

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38/37% for a guy average 9 ppg that can basically only catch and shoot is not good. Lmao.

There’s a reason he’s shooting and scoring less this year and team is better

Looking at stats tell you that?? Lol

Ayo has been the man this year with some good games from the Cockburn but Frazier has made big shots during the winning streak that just got snapped along with playing D. He wasn’t shooting hardly at all early in the season. And He’s not a stop and pop guy at all, he can get to the hole with his left as well. Your judgement of a player here is off once again. Why?

cuz you look at stats and think you know something. It’s actually pretty adorable watching you trying to put it all together from a few stats and watching 1 game.

typical from you — everybody sucks

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at stats tell you that?? Lol

Ayo has been the man this year with some good games from the Cockburn but Frazier has made big shots during the winning streak that just got snapped along with playing D. He wasn’t shooting hardly at all early in the season. And He’s not a stop and pop guy at all, he can get to the hole with his left as well. Your judgement of a player here is off once again. Why?

cuz you look at stats and think you know something. It’s actually pretty adorable watching you trying to put it all together from a few stats and watching 1 game.

typical from you — everybody sucks

Uhhhhhhh I watched him twice this week alone.

Garbage.

I’ve probably watched more Illinois games than you sadly enough.

Frazier gets to the hole?? His overall field goal % is the same as his 3pt% and he averages less than 3 fT attempts per game

I see you consistently getting dummied by Eric on here, I’d think you wouldn’t wanna make it a routine thing.

But let’s hear the “stat geek” retort

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said Iowa lost to Tennessee. Lol. Loyola best Tennessee in what round?

Loyola got it done. They made a run with offense and defense. Not sure Iowa can do it away from home.

Yeah and Tennessee was better last year than they were the year before.

And yes, odds are Iowa won't make the FF.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and Tennessee was better last year than they were the year before.

And yes, odds are Iowa won't make the FF.
Id wager no team this year will have better odds to make the FF thsn they do to miss it. Honestly 2014 was Iowas best recent chance. If theyd won that FIrst Four game ( lost in OT ) they wouldve got a severely overseeded UMass, then s 14 seed Mercer , then Michigan team they matched up really well with. Its funny how many great runs hinge on 1 play early in a tourney

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id wager no team this year will have better odds to make the FF thsn they do to miss it. Honestly 2014 was Iowas best recent chance. If theyd won that FIrst Four game ( lost in OT ) they wouldve got a severely overseeded UMass, then s 14 seed Mercer , then Michigan team they matched up really well with. Its funny how many great runs hinge on 1 play early in a tourney

Yeah its all about closing out 1 game early or getting 1 good draw for many teams.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep totally agree. That same year UConn wins it's first round game because St Joe's misses a shot at the buzzer, they win in OT and the rest is history. There isn't a lot of margin for error. That's why saying something is absolute based on tournament results is incredibly dumb.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

It's also how many bites at the apple you get. If a program goes the tourney every year, even if they have mediocre seeds, they're destined to break through to a S16 or E8 eventually.

I think its better to be on the 3 and 6 and even 7 line this year if you're Iowa or Villanova, or any of a number of BE and B10 teams that are going to clutter up that space.

No 1 seeds scare you, but they're consistent teams. Once you get into the 2 seeds all bets are off.