• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G might have late fall football season.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These schools are only hurting themselves if they refuse to play

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not going to happen especially now that the President is involved. The last thing the governors of Illinois, NY, MI and MD want is for it to look like Trump "saved" B10 football. The only reason a Thanksgiving start was ever mentioned in the first place was because it was after the election and that only happens if Biden wins. If Trump wins we will see you in January when they can plausibly deny this wasn't political

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not going to happen especially now that the President is involved. The last thing the governors of Illinois, NY, MI and MD want is for it to look like Trump "saved" B10 football. The only reason a Thanksgiving start was ever mentioned in the first place was because it was after the election and that only happens if Biden wins. If Trump wins we will see you in January when they can plausibly deny this wasn't political

Yep. Not a Trump fan at all but this smacks of being politically motivated to blame Trump for his covid response ruining football. There is no plausible reason for a late November start. None whatsoever. The spring start at least gets you on the tail end of the flu season. That puts you smack into the middle of it. Their job is to make decisions in the best interest of their school. Not cost their athletic department millions to make a point. Shameful.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Not a Trump fan at all but this smacks of being politically motivated to blame Trump for his covid response ruining football. There is no plausible reason for a late November start. None whatsoever. The spring start at least gets you on the tail end of the flu season. That puts you smack into the middle of it. Their job is to make decisions in the best interest of their school. Not cost their athletic department millions to make a point. Shameful.
All you have to do is look at the conferences who aren't playing and the conferences who are playing to know this is politics.

Anyone from the PF knows my politics but this is blatant and shameful

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All you have to do is look at the conferences who aren't playing and the conferences who are playing to know this is politics.

Anyone from the PF knows my politics but this is blatant and shameful
Which is exactly why every damn stinking one of those SOBs need to be rounded up, tied together with cement shoes and thrown into the biggest crawdad pond available. Fucking hell.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 big 12 teams have already had to "postpone" their season opener (because there is no plan just call it postponed and hope you can figure it out later)

Who didnt see that coming?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 big 12 teams have already had to "postpone" their season opener (because there is no plan just call it postponed and hope you can figure it out later)

Who didnt see that coming?
Yeah, things aren't looking great. It's going to be a season of postponements and weird schedules if it goes on.

Reactions: gob

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, things aren't looking great. It's going to be a season of postponements and weird schedules if it goes on.

AKA a pointless season. As much as some so badly want to claim otherwise

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's main point is driving money to fund the athletic department

If they have to give back tv money that would be devastating to the program

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's main point is driving money to fund the athletic department

If they have to give back tv money that would be devastating to the program

The games that have played have been hard to watch. Navy looked completely uninterested and unprepared specifically

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games that have played have been hard to watch. Navy looked completely uninterested and unprepared specifically

Yea I wasn't watching any of that shit in the first week lol

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I wasn't watching any of that shit in the first week lol

I don’t think it’s really going to get much better. I’d expect another wave of opt outs after this weekend. Once players get a real gauge on what it’s really going to be like

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was already pointless once half the projected first rounders started opting out of the season in the traditionalist sense. But with that said if the teams that are playing can start and finish a respectable season, with a CFP at the end, there will still be a champion crowned. I don't know how realistic finishing the season is going to be, but as a fan of a team that is slated to play, I hope it finishes. At the end of the day, if a champ is crowned it won't be pointless in the end.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB is about pageantry and the emotional investment of it all. When you remove fans from the equation, it becomes really weird and emotionless. That will work in the NFL but not in a game where fan noise, chants and environment change games. Add in the postponements, covid quarantines and 2/5 of the P5 not playing and I'm not sure what we're really watching? I guess we'll see when some of the bigger teams play but it seems extremely weird to watch.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB is about pageantry and the emotional investment of it all. When you remove fans from the equation, it becomes really weird and emotionless. That will work in the NFL but not in a game where fan noise, chants and environment change games. Add in the postponements, covid quarantines and 2/5 of the P5 not playing and I'm not sure what we're really watching? I guess we'll see when some of the bigger teams play but it seems extremely weird to watch.

I had zero interest in last week. When the big schools go I may watch. If I could do draftkings I'd be more inclined but I can't yet in Ohio.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already pointless once half the projected first rounders started opting out of the season in the traditionalist sense. But with that said if the teams that are playing can start and finish a respectable season, with a CFP at the end, there will still be a champion crowned. I don't know how realistic finishing the season is going to be, but as a fan of a team that is slated to play, I hope it finishes. At the end of the day, if a champ is crowned it won't be pointless in the end.

During WWI and WWII, countless programs went one, two or three years without fielding a team. 1943 and 1944 were
the big years with the number of schools that did not field a team. But the season went on without them and NC's were
crowned. Hell, they played the 1942 Rose Bowl at Durham, NC, because of a possible Japanese invasion of the West
Coast. The game was moved 3,000 miles away, but it was still played.

I still do not believe that the Big10 and/or the Pac12 will play in the Spring and do more harm to their programs.
They can start as late as 10-17, if they forego a CCG and still get in 10 games and possibly get a team in the
CFP.

It's a big gamble for them not playing and everybody else playing. Most schools playing have 3 open dates
so there will be time to make-up postponed games, so the season maybe pulled off.

ND decided to play and that could harm their future as an Independent if they were to lose 3 times to ACC
teams. Folks could really question the strength of their overall schedules in the future. Even if they were to win
out, they don't get a lot of credit in the future, because the ACC would take a big hit. (Competition-wise)
But they both put it on the line and are willing to run the risk by playing.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During WWI and WWII, countless programs went one, two or three years without fielding a team. 1943 and 1944 were
the big years with the number of schools that did not field a team. But the season went on without them and NC's were
crowned. Hell, they played the 1942 Rose Bowl at Durham, NC, because of a possible Japanese invasion of the West

I still do not believe that the Big10 and/or the Pac12 will play in the Spring and do more harm to their programs.
They can start as late as 10-17, if they forego a CCG and still get in 10 games and possibly get a team in the
CFP.

It's a big gamble for them not playing and everybody else playing. Most schools playing have 3 open dates
so there will be time to make-up postponed games, so the season maybe pulled off.

ND decided to play and that could harm their future as an Independent if they were to lose 3 times to ACC
teams. Folks could really question the strength of their overall schedules in the future. Even if they were to win
out, they don't get a lot of credit in the future, because the ACC would take a big hit. (Competition-wise)

Totally different ballgame now than in the wars. So much more money

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CFP.

I don't really understand the bold part of your statement? It's not a big risk to ND playing. The ACC gave ND another sweet deal for this year, like they did when they extended the offer to have them play 5 ACC games and join in other sports.

Nobody is going to question ND's schedule in the future. That's pretty absurd to be honest. Just next season our games outside of the ACC are Wisconsin, USC, Cincy, Stanford, Navy, Toledo and Purdue. That's likely 3 top 25 teams with Wisconsin/USC/Cincy.

Btw, ND is like 14-1 against the ACC the last 3 regular seasons.