• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Cancels Season

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State coach Ryan Day was just asked on ESPN about playing in another conference if the Big Ten shuts down: "We need to look at every option. And if that's the only option, we need to explore it and see if that's something we can do."

BRING THE TEAM SEC NUTHUGGERS ON!!!

I really don't see that happening.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State coach Ryan Day was just asked on ESPN about playing in another conference if the Big Ten shuts down: "We need to look at every option. And if that's the only option, we need to explore it and see if that's something we can do."

BRING THE TEAM SEC NUTHUGGERS ON!!!
Fox/ESPN contracts will never let it happen.

BRING THE RUST BELT ON!!

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ACC and SEC try to play id expect basically every draftable player to opt out.

Why risk it for a completely neutered season?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... These "student athletes" pretty much added to this clusterfuck with their recent actions/demands at the various conferences. :nod:

I cry NO tears for the big schools, but I also can't really blame them for trying to cut their losses during this 2020 version of a "clusterfuck". On the other hand, I also won't shed any tears about these "student athletes".

Yeah ... Let 'em whine... They'll be upset that there will be NO chances of "going on strike", their protests on TV or of getting any "paychecks" this season. :rolleyes2:

:sadbron: I just wanna watch football man. lol

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ACC and SEC try to play id expect basically every draftable player to opt out.

Why? because at the end of the day they want to compete and it's in their blood.. so if the Big didn't cancel your telling me Fields would have dropped out too?

lol he was tweeting to let them play.. so no, not every draftable player will opt out but I bet if the Pac or B16 try to have a season in the spring, there definitely will be opt outs..

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this where I politely ask Missouri to pick up their shit and get out so Ohio State can take their spot in the SEC East?

All your Justin Fields belongs to us now.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Stupid. Kevin Warren should lose his job. Playing a spring season followed by a fall season is putting the players health at more risk than just playing now.

And about the worrie about Heart issues.... you have catch Covid to develop said heart issue and where are you more likely to catch it......on campus where you are rapidly tested or at home running around on the street???

That might be right regarding the virus but anyone telling me you can't play two seasons that close together because it's just too taxing physically can GTFO. Go talk to some guys who have humped 50-80 lbs in the desert or the jungle for a tour or two and ask them what they think. I've been there myself. Anyone 18-22 years old can snap back quickly. Injuries are something else but if you're not injured you can play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've heard a few times on sports talk shows, what has to be the stupidest reasoning for canceling the season yet.

Want to see if anyone else has heard it...

"Well, football players are smashing into each other all game long."

:wtf:

So let me see if I understand this "lawjik" correctly:

This virus is so dangerous that 2 football players who do not have it will end up with it and cause another outbreak because they were "smashing into each other all game long"

:burt:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s all focus on the positives. If the season is done and there is no spring, that means I never have to watch us play Justin fields again.

which means my thanksgiving isn’t ruined. I get to have a peaceful thanksgiving where I’m not reliving some earth shattering controversial defeat or complete beat down that I’m trying to forget with alcohol.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s all focus on the positives. If the season is done and there is no spring, that means I never have to watch us play Justin fields again.

which means my thanksgiving isn’t ruined. I get to have a peaceful thanksgiving where I’m not reliving some earth shattering controversial defeat or complete beat down that I’m trying to forget with alcohol.
Won't that feel weird to you now?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Really sucks for someone like Wade. He could have been drafted in the second or third round (I think?) and been getting paid.

He was supposed to use this season to be a first round pick next year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see that happening.
Part of the problem should be obvious; every school president voted to shut it down except Iowa and Nebraska. So OSU's president clearly is against playing this Fall and I doubt the football program can do anything without the President's signature.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem should be obvious; every school president voted to shut it down except Iowa and Nebraska. So OSU's president clearly is against playing this Fall and I doubt the football program can do anything without the President's signature.
OSU apparently wanted to push it back to later in the fall (would have just been cancelled anyway).

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've heard a few times on sports talk shows, what has to be the stupidest reasoning for canceling the season yet.

Want to see if anyone else has heard it...

"Well, football players are smashing into each other all game long."

:wtf:

So let me see if I understand this "lawjik" correctly:

This virus is so dangerous that 2 football players who do not have it will end up with it and cause another outbreak because they were "smashing into each other all game long"

:burt:

Smashing Football players????

tenor.gif

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really don't want any college football to be played.

If the ACC, Big 12 and SEC decide to play this fall then I would expect only a minority of players to opt-out at the beginning. If there starts to be COVID breakouts all over the place then that will change and the leagues will probably shut everything down anyway, but as long as people keep testing negative the season will go on.

If they switch the season to spring then all bets are off and I would imagine the following:

1. Top players will opt-out
2. Players that are struggling with their grades will drop out completely
3. Incidents of the players getting in trouble are going to skyrocket
4. Some programs won't make it to spring and will fold (not P5 programs though)

As for the season being neutered? If three of the five P5 conferences play and it is mostly conference games we will probably have one of the better seasons on record because there won't be many shitty games. Let's face it no one from the PAC was going to get into the playoff anyway and Ohio State was probably going to lose first round as well. I don't think of the season as being neutered, I think of it as being simplified. I'll miss the bowl games but I can live with what I do get.

If we do play and your team is sitting at home...well that is one big turd sandwich for you to swallow.