• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Cancels Season

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd expect there will be some pretty big backlash.

Well... These "student athletes" pretty much added to this clusterfuck with their recent actions/demands at the various conferences. :nod:

I cry NO tears for the big schools, but I also can't really blame them for trying to cut their losses during this 2020 version of a "clusterfuck". On the other hand, I also won't shed any tears about these "student athletes".

Yeah ... Let 'em whine... They'll be upset that there will be NO chances of "going on strike", their protests on TV or of getting any "paychecks" this season. :rolleyes2:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People probably should have listened to the whole "wear a mask" think in March instead of complaining about their rights being infringed to go to Applebee's without one.

That said, here's hoping a spring season can actually happen and isn't just a ploy their using to fill us with hope so fans don't totally go ballistic on them.
094.jpg

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I was thinking the same thing earlier. That kinda makes you look like a complete fucking turncoat idiot if you dont. Kevin.
We'll see how it plays out. Leads me to believe he's being blackmailed by the chancellors, presidents, BOT's, and other folks who have a political agenda. I enjoy the big 10/SEC shit talking, hate it for you fans and alumni.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People probably should have listened to the whole "wear a mask" think in March instead of complaining about their rights being infringed to go to Applebee's without one.

That said, here's hoping a spring season can actually happen and isn't just a ploy their using to fill us with hope so fans don't totally go ballistic on them.
Shut the fuck up.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how it plays out. Leads me to believe he's being blackmailed by the chancellors, presidents, BOT's, and other folks who have a political agenda. I enjoy the big 10/SEC shit talking, hate it for you fans and alumni.

I'm in the line of thinking that this is all about political pandering. "Player Saftey" is just the disguise they choose to die on.

Most of the presidents arent the biggest fans of the athletic programs anyways so its really no sweat off their back. They get a nice pat on the back for virtue signaling and pretending to care about peoples health.

Reactions: 006

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did they have the same conversation in previous years?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the NFL draft will be like next year.
This could definitely be a mess to figure out. whether there's a spring season or not. I mean, if last season never happens Burrow is lucky to have been a 5th rounder.

Reactions: GNG

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? I mean, it's possible at home mom and dad can convince junior maybe going to a crowded bar not the safest plan.

Youre not going to keep 18-22 year old kids couped up in any situation. No matter what you do/say.

Thats why no conference is going to play. Its going to be basically impossible to prevent any kind of COVID flareup through a whole season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's about Covid...why are they allowing students on campus?
Honestly, I think some schools had them on solely because they wanted to play football (and knew would be a harder sell with no other kids on campus). would not be surprised now to see schools switch to all virtual learning.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre not going to keep 18-22 year old kids couped up in any situation. No matter what you do/say.

Thats why no conference is going to play. Its going to be basically impossible to prevent any kind of COVID flareup through a whole season.
we have a kid in this age range who is definitely one who loves to go out with friends. while she still sees friends, she is smart enough not to go into big crowds. But if they were at school on their own? Yeah, almost no chance to keep them all away from crowds.