• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B. Schenn trade rumor?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they do Schenn for Gardiner I will hunt Homer down and piss on his face

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been talk all around about it but I think it's just exploratory - the Flyers may be looking ahead and telling teams to watch Brayden Schenn and maybe in the offseason they might do something

I wouldn't make a trade involving 10 and or 14 during the season - those guys are too important to the team to trade, unless they get completely blown out of the water with a trade offer

Brayden Schenn for Jake Gardiner wouldn't be a good deal, I like Gardiner but just because the Flyers need help on defense doesn't mean you make a move just for the sake of doing so - I like Justin Faulk in Carolina better, but I doubt Carolina makes that move

Don't trade Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier at this point

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time we traded a young forward to the Leafs for a D-Man?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Luke Schenn at the time of the trade if only due to his physical prowess, but I would've never given up JvR for him straight-up. Either way, you have to admit that the trade looks bad now. Schenn has been benched a few times and was getting 6th defenseman minutes while JvR is second overall among forwards on his team in ice time with 9 goals and 16 points in 19 games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we trade one of our 5th or 6th defensemen for Mike Green? Hey, it worked in our fantasy league, maybe it can work in the real world.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely it's the Leafs offering Gardiner for Schenn. Flyers either say no outright, or ask for more in return. The problem with B Schenn is that he wants more money than he's worth, which is why he's still a RFA at the end of the season. With that in mind combined with Laughton's apparent development, and a move along these lines becomes more palatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely it's the Leafs offering Gardiner for Schenn. Flyers either say no outright, or ask for more in return. The problem with B Schenn is that he wants more money than he's worth, which is why he's still a RFA at the end of the season. With that in mind combined with Laughton's apparent development, and a move along these lines becomes more palatable.

I wouldn't even do Gardiner for Brayden Schenn to be honest - I just feel like he's coming into his own and no matter what the RFA situation is, I think you have to let these guys play and see what happens

There's no guarantee that Gardiner makes this team better, he might make the defensive corps look better but right now they're playing well, let them continue to mesh with each other

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardiner is slumping offensively while Schenn is suddenly leading our team in points and by all accounts having his breakout season. Gardiner did that in his rookie season and nothing since. This trade would make no sense straight-up. Besides, Schenn will be a RFA, so there's really no rush to sign him or trade him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardiner is slumping offensively while Schenn is suddenly leading our team in points and by all accounts having his breakout season. Gardiner did that in his rookie season and nothing since. This trade would make no sense straight-up. Besides, Schenn will be a RFA, so there's really no rush to sign him or trade him.

:agree:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Gardiner, but not at the expense of Schenn. He is quietley becoming man top 6 winger for us, and I still put plenty of stock into his potential. I know it is going on two years since it happened, but the way he took over game 1 vs the Penguins still speaks to me. Everyone raved about how JVR ripped it up against Boston in 2011, but Schenn's performance (even if it was only a single game) was much better IMO.

And for what it's worth, I'd still trade Schenn before Couturier

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Gardiner, but not at the expense of Schenn. He is quietley becoming man top 6 winger for us, and I still put plenty of stock into his potential. I know it is going on two years since it happened, but the way he took over game 1 vs the Penguins still speaks to me. Everyone raved about how JVR ripped it up against Boston in 2011, but Schenn's performance (even if it was only a single game) was much better IMO.

And for what it's worth, I'd still trade Schenn before Couturier

:agree:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really odd is that they weren't willing to move Schenn for players like Keith Yandle or Shea Weber, but all of a sudden they're willing to move him to get Jake Gardiner? Makes no sense to me, have a hard time buying this rumor.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really odd is that they weren't willing to move Schenn for players like Keith Yandle or Shea Weber, but all of a sudden they're willing to move him to get Jake Gardiner? Makes no sense to me, have a hard time buying this rumor.

Agreed

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well ya, but you shouldn't have been buying it too much in the first place considering the source was eklund. :lol:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with Eklund's work but making up rumors seems to be how hockey writers make a living.