• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ vs Utah

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2uigl69.png

I personally think the 1 seed is already a done deal... but a win tomorrow would erase all doubt!

Krystkowiak on the game:
We've been close in both games. Actually, we've been close in three ears, as I told our team. It's the one team in the Pac-12 that we've not won a basketball game against and we got a lot of booby prizes along the way, consolation prizes, atta-boys and 'way to go, you competed with them.'

BTFD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...booby prizes??? That's they got for losing to us? Sounds like they won! Haha. I'll take booby prizes any day! BEAR DOWN

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make that 3 years they havn't beaten the Wildcats..........or 16 years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UofA chants at the Oregon/OSU game.

Hahahaha, just practicing. Arizona Basketball Never Stops

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I arranged the work schedule so I can watch this game.

Currently bearing down. Let's do this!!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Kent: Has not once mentioned that Arizona is the #1 ranked defense in the country in numerous categories.... but has mentioned that "A team like Arizona who plays man to man without helping is going to give up a lot of open layups, all you have to do is cut to the basket".

Is it too much to ask to have unbiased announcers? I mean 80% of the people that Fox and the Pac12 network employ have an active rooting interest against the UofA. It's getting old.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Kent's just a homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 charged picked up by Pitts... I said it over and over again 4 months ago before the season even got going, I love his game.

He is always in the right place on offense and defense, going to be a great college player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Kent's just a homer.

Right... but in that context he would have to be a "homer" for Oregon. He has no rooting interest in Utah, he just doesn't like the Cats. Never has, never will.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... but in that context he would have to be a "homer" for Oregon. He has no rooting interest in Utah, he just doesn't like the Cats. Never has, never will.
Maybe "troll' is a better term.

And I agree about Pitts, followed by the awareness of throwing the ball off the Utah player to keep the ball. Good 'heads up' play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarc simply cannot have his shot blocked from 2 feet away with a shorter guy on his hip. Give a pump fake if you have too... and go up and dunk it on that dude. It's not like Olson is a great shot blocker.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kent cal him Terdewski a little while ago? How does he not know his name yet?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe "troll' is a better term.

And I agree about Pitts, followed by the awareness of throwing the ball off the Utah player to keep the ball. Good 'heads up' play.

Yeah, I would go with "hater" if anything.

Pitts isn't the most athletic guy, isn't going to be on a lot of highlight reals, but even at a young age you can just tell that his BBIQ is off the charts. The game comes easy to him. IMO with more time he is going to be the perfect glue guy for the Cats, does everything well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pisses me off about Pac12 coverage is... you would think it would be in their best interest to parade the UofA's basketball program out as if it was the be-all-end-all. Similar to the way that the ACC profiles Duke and UNC.

Instead, you get these announcers who sound annoyed to be talking about how good Arizona is. It's like they would rather point out the flaws than speak on the obvious talking points: "One of the best defenses in the country", "The most Pac12 championships in the modern era" etc...

They haven't even mentioned that the crowd is 80% Cats fans... I mean, pointing out the great fan support, the fact that the team has led the conference in attendance for 30 years? These are all positives for the conference. They should be shouting about it from the rooftops instead of sounding disappointed that they have to talk nice about Arizona once again.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's so apparent that AZ has a ridiculous D, Kent's on the nuts now. Like he just found out...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's so apparent that AZ has a ridiculous D, Kent's on the nuts now. Like he just found out...

Yeah, I noticed that as well... but why wouldn't you lead with that?

"Hello and welcome to the second round of the Pac12 tournament. Today's matchup is between the vastly improved Utah Utes, led by (names of people) and the Arizona Wildcats, one of the best defensive teams in the country, led by the conference POY, Nick Johnson, FOY, Aaron Gordon and COY Sean Miller"

It's that easy... no need to wait 20+ minutes into the broadcast before mentioning that Arizona plays pretty good defense, while in the midst of holding Utah to zero points in 10 minutes.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I noticed that as well... but why wouldn't you lead with that?

"Hello and welcome to the second round of the Pac12 tournament. Today's matchup is between the vastly improved Utah Utes, led by (names of people) and the Arizona Wildcats, one of the best defensive teams in the country, led by the conference POY, Nick Johnson, FOY, Aaron Gordon and COY Sean Miller"

It's that easy... no need to wait 20+ minutes into the broadcast before mentioning that Arizona plays pretty good defense, while in the midst of holding Utah to zero points in 10 minutes.

Yep, at this point, he's just stating the obvious. Not that it wasn't obvious before, but you're right. If he's trying not to be all about AZ, then talk about their offense. But shit, our D has been the one thing that has never faltered, and has never been questionable.

And who the fuck let KO in the P12 studios, in front of a camera?????