• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awful!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's like people forget how bad we were. It's been 3 years in the best division in football and people expect a Super Bowl title. :wtf2:
I'm not expecting a superbowl title..it sucks we cannot mirror the seahawks (establish good mgmt and coaching on both ends with quality players all within a cpl yrs). No we have decent players that commit the same dumb shit week in and week out, which in turn causes us to be below avg. Hell if we win 9 games a season I'm happy; but to be inconsistent and piss poor at play calling is why we are what we are.. which is a 6-7 win team each and every year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting a superbowl title..it sucks we cannot mirror the seahawks (establish good mgmt and coaching on both ends with quality players all within a cpl yrs). No we have decent players that commit the same dumb shit week in and week out, which in turn causes us to be below avg. Hell if we win 9 games a season I'm happy; but to be inconsistent and piss poor at play calling is why we are what we are.. which is a 6-7 win team each and every year.

I agree it's frustrating. They hit the jack pot with Wilson

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the original post. I fixed my typo error. Feel better now Caynine?

Can't say I feel any better or worse. Lol. I wasn't giving you grief over it. I thought there may have been a connection there I may have been missing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fully agree. I don't mind the defense being aggressive, nasty and hard hitting but making the same boneheaded mistakes along with getting the same stupid penalties consistently is infuriating. Making boneheaded mistakes is also why I thought Davis should ride the bench for a few games to get his head straight and try to learn something. But with Hill in there, he obviously hasn't done any better.

But after seeing 3 years of Fisher, yes he's obviously better than the last few coaches we've had. But I believe he's not the coach to get a team to the next level where they need to be. Who is out there (besides Harbaugh who wouldn't come here anyways) that could do that, I have no idea.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I feel any better or worse. Lol. I wasn't giving you grief over it. I thought there may have been a connection there I may have been missing.

I wasn't implying any ill-will either. Just asking a homeostasis question. Perhaps I should upgrade the vocab so my statements don't appear too in-your-face.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now why wouldn't you include me on that list of you and SJ. :noidea:

Remember, I've been saying all along that Davis should have continued with an opportunity to grow and play out the season too! :nod:

Sorry Vita, consider yourself included!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's frustrating. They hit the jack pot with Wilson
It's more than that Coug although I agree with your Wilson take

The Seahags had one of the best coaches to grace the sidelines in Mike Holmgren during a time when we had the likes of Scott Linehan.

In other words, the cupboard was not left bare for Carrol as it was for Fisher....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claussen and McCoy are stop-gaps (and don't forget Derek Anderson, as well). Nothing more. Barring a starter's injury,none of them will be starting next year's opener... and that's a guarantee. This isn't a case of 'overlooked talent'. Late season injuries that thrust scrubs into a staring role aren't really mysterious at all.

You're putting words in my mouth; never said they were "overlooked talent". Calling Clausen a stop-gap is a bit over the top though, as he has been the backup to Cutler all year long. The QB whisperer has worked well with him, wonder who will overpay Clausen as a free agent (a la Josh McCown)?

Clausen could start next season if the Bears dump Cutler, but it would likely only be until a new QB was ready. He was completely out of football until Trestman took him under his wing.

McCoy played as well as Cousins, for whatever that's worth.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're putting words in my mouth; never said they were "overlooked talent". Calling Clausen a stop-gap is a bit over the top though, as he has been the backup to Cutler all year long. The QB whisperer has worked well with him, wonder who will overpay Clausen as a free agent (a la Josh McCown)?

Clausen could start next season if the Bears dump Cutler, but it would likely only be until a new QB was ready. He was completely out of football until Trestman took him under his wing.

McCoy played as well as Cousins, for whatever that's worth.

You're right. I was linking your statement to another by someone else that I had read earlier. That's my bad.

But there's still nothing mysterious about McCoy and Claussen playing decent football late in the season. McCown carried the Bears for 6 games last year and even he clearly wasn't worth the payday he suckered the Bucs into. There won't be any big contracts for Clausen for one decent game.