• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awesome idea for the Pro Bowl this year!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Broncos related, it's the bye week and there is not as much to talk about, so...

I have been ragging on the Jaguars all season, predicting them to be an 0-16 team back in August or so. They are halfway there and considering their closest loss is by 10 points, I think they are going to pull it off.

Meanwhile a casual glance at the standings today told me the Buccaneers are 0-7. I looked at their schedule and there are one or two that can go either way, with the remaining seven or eight games their opponents should be able to handle them. So it got me to thinking...

Can this be the year the league sees two teams finish 0-16? And if so, don't you think we should do something special to commemorate the event? Shouldn't the winless teams be featured in a head-to-head "consolation" game? And since the Pro Bowl sucks already anyway, why not let the Pro-Bowl be that game? We can still vote on the players for the AFC and NFC teams, but instead of them making the trip, the Jaguars represent the AFC and the Bucs represent the NFC.

That game would probably draw higher ratings than the current Pro Bowl. If both finish winless, the league needs to take a serious look at this suggestion.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to improve this idea is to play the game in London. Man, I need to fire up yahoo and send Mr. Goodell an email.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to improve this idea is to play the game in London. Man, I need to fire up yahoo and send Mr. Goodell an email.

all great and classic ideas..what happens in coming years ?? is it always a battle of the last place teams in each conference ? will it be a lame battle like the pro bowl or will they fight for pride of not being absolute last in the entire league ?

This is odd..why wouldnt the system let me say f u ture....it replaced it with ******

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all great and classic ideas..what happens in coming years ?? is it always a battle of the last place teams in each conference ? will it be a lame battle like the pro bowl or will they fight for pride of not being absolute last in the entire league ?

This is odd..why wouldnt the system let me say f u ture....it replaced it with ******

I don't know about future years. It isn't very often we get a team finish winless. It has only happened once since the league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978. So this "pro-bowl" may have to be a one-time thing if the Jags and Bucs both finish winless. I think the fact that both teams are in Florida adds a secondary level of comedy to it all, but I'm not quite sure how to exploit that angle just yet.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really like this idea. I would absolutely watch that over the pro bowl too :nod:

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat Idea, and to add to it, the winner gets the first pick in the next draft !

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat Idea, and to add to it, the winner gets the first pick in the next draft !

I was going to suggest the loser has to wear pink uniforms all next season. Of course that would still be more manly than that powder puff blue the Chargers wear.