• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awards Predictions: Upcoming Season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don+t+be+mad+brah+_6f740c48d3dae51a857e58778a18b5e0.jpg

You're on here proclaiming James as league MVP (when he treats the regular season as a joke for the most part).
You feel I'm getting excited by saying that the easily best team in the league last year, who is on paper better this year shouldn't repeat?

If James takes the regular season seriously and plays most every game, then yes, he could win MVP.
He plays for rings only though, so why would he suddenly put more importance on the regular season starting now?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum might end up being the best rookie in the draft. But he isn't winning ROY. Too many rookies playing for bad teams that will have to carry the load. Tatum is a role player in year 1 because Boston is a top 5 team.

Normally your at an extreme but this post is actually logical. I agree with this

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading this article on how the rookies think Dennis Smith of the Mavs will be ROY...

Survey: Rookies like Mavs' Smith to win ROY

made me think of all the rewards--- and predicting them....

here goes mine:

MVP:

1. LeBron James- if/when Kyrie is traded he will have a clear path to the reward. I feel like he is going to try and win that 5th MVP this year
2. RW- the man
3. James Harden

DPOY:
1. Rudy Gobert- he might win a handful of these in the next 5 years
2. Kawhi Leonard- lets hope he stays healthy
3. Draymond Green- most versatile defender out there

ROY:
1. De'Aron Fox- just seems like a great kid with a great work ethic and all the tools- love how he smoked Ball in the tourney.
2. Dennis Smith- will have plenty of opportunity- I think he was a steal where he was taken.
3. Ben Simmons- most talented rookie eligible player by a fair margin

Some other random predictions---

Young players ready to break out in a big way- kind of like Otto Porter last year:
1. Devin Booker- this kid can play- i mean- he "broke out" last year to a certain extent- but i think he could take the step to being an all star and a top 30 player.
2. Clint Capela-- a young talented big man with great athleticism- and then you add CP...nice.
3. Myles Turner- still only 21 and entering his 3rds eason- he should get plenty of opportunities and has vast amounts of talent.

Young players who's value aint what it used to be:
1. Andrew Wiggins- from one of the best prospects of the last few years built on a reputation that he would be an instantly great defender- to being a not-so-efficient offensive player awful on D.
2. Justice Winslow- injury prone with no shot will tend to hurt your value
3. Jahlil Okafor--- was the 3rd pick a couple years ago- now no one really will give up anything for him

Semi- young Veterans who could break out:
1. Avery Bradley- 20 point per game season while being the leagues best perimeter defender is obtainable
2. Alan Crabbe- originally wanted to go to Brooklyn- gets there now and will have a huge role
3. KCP- will get a lot of playing time and be relied on for his defense for the Lakers- hes on a 1 year contract so should be motivated

Crash and Burn:
1. DeAndre Jordan--- losing CP3 as a playmaker is prob. not a good thing
2. Andre Iguadala--- got his last big contract and is getting old
3. Tony Parker---- getting old, hard time staying healthy.

shut the fuck up

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally your at an extreme but this post is actually logical. I agree with this

Hilarious that you are implying that I am not logical when you are the one predicting Tatum as ROY. Homer much?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP
Greek Freak

DPOY
Klay Thompson

ROY
Jasom Taytom

COY
Brad Stevens

6th man
Derek Rose

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP:

1. Giannis- If not this year, next year... with how weak the East is I predict he leads the Bucks to a strong record and takes the league by storm, again.
2. Kawhi- Spurs gonna Spur.
3. Bron- Won't win despite being the real MVP, like most years it seems.

Have Russ, Harden & KD at 4a, 4b, 4c... think adding PG & CP3 will take some of the lust from voters for the first two, and KD will be penalized for being surrounded by stars again.

DPOY:

1. Gobert- Despite lacking a good offensive punch w/Hayward gone think the Jazz defense still ranks top 5 & Gobert's obviously a huge part of that.
2. Kawhi- Spurz.
3. Draymond- Donkey.

ROY:

1. Josh Jackson- I'm a proud homer, but JJ is going to have a HUGE role as a rookie and play a lot of minutes right away. His offensive game is a lot further along than I thought it would be, and his ability to rebound, defend, pass and stuff the stat sheet will lead to him as my darkhorse ROY. Keep sleepin.

2. Ben Simmons- If he stays healthy think he will shine, may not score a ton, but probably going to wow everyone with the triple doubles.

3. Lonzo Ball- Like JJ, he will get a good chunk of minutes right from the start and should put up similar stat lines to the man above him tbh. Overall this rookie class is insane... didn't even mention Fox, DSJ, & Tatum who will all likely be future star-level talents.