• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aussie open

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think federer needs to change his style a bit, use his all court game, attack the net more, and shorten the points.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think federer needs to change his style a bit, use his all court game, attack the net more, and shorten the points.
He tried that in the first set and almost went up a set ( he had a 5-2 lead). He could t sustain the level because of his injury and having played so much before this match drained his reserves

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried that in the first set and almost went up a set ( he had a 5-2 lead). He could t sustain the level because of his injury and having played so much before this match drained his reserves

i haven't seen the full match yet, but with a serve, and groundstrokes, like his he should be living at the net. it gives him an extra dimension, puts a lot of pressure on the returner, would be a good way to get in djokovic's head, and save some stress on his body.

hopefully that is his gameplan in the future.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed at Wawrinka's 4th set against Zverev. That was hard to watch. How could he play so poorly?

Congrats to Kenin! Wish Halep also would have made it.

Federer played his best match against Djokovic at the Australian Open, compared to the other times. He played the right way.

If he keeps playing like this, he'll have a better chance at beating Djokovic.

It was weird that both players were so bad on 2nd serve points, for half of the match.

When Federer was up 4-1 in the first, I knew it wasn't safe, because I remembered he had a 5-2 lead on Nadal at the French Open in 2011, and lost the first set.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Federer was clearly spent and ran out of gas mentally and physically ( injury). But the way he played in the first set and built a position to win it is promising. Hope he can heal from the groin issue and get back to the game healthy. Everytime Nole plays Fed I am sure he has the fear of losing because he knows if he doesn’t play his best and Fed is playing good he can lose to Fed.

It’s good to see Nole give props to Fed regarding the injury. Maybe he is really becoming humble finally.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to jinx Thiem but Djokovic has his work cut out and Thiem is the worst opponent for him out of the whole event other than a heathy Fed or in form Nadal.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sofia Kenin is your Women's Champion, beating Garbine Muguruza in 3 sets.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no buzz about Kenin who is also an American like Gauff?? Is this the media’s especially ESPN double standard because they want somebody Serena-esque to represent the sport? Or is it the anti Russian sentiment because Kenin was born there? So much hypocrisy!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no buzz about Kenin who is also an American like Gauff?? Is this the media’s especially ESPN double standard because they want somebody Serena-esque to represent the sport? Or is it the anti Russian sentiment because Kenin was born there? So much hypocrisy!!

I saw her play Bianca at the US Open and she was a miserable bitch. Like Kerber, only all smiley when winning.

I was all in on Garbine.

And now, Go Thiem!!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw her play Bianca at the US Open and she was a miserable bitch. Like Kerber, only all smiley when winning.

I was all in on Garbine.

And now, Go Thiem!!
I thought Murguruza would win!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Federer was clearly spent and ran out of gas mentally and physically ( injury). But the way he played in the first set and built a position to win it is promising. Hope he can heal from the groin issue and get back to the game healthy. Everytime Nole plays Fed I am sure he has the fear of losing because he knows if he doesn’t play his best and Fed is playing good he can lose to Fed.

It’s good to see Nole give props to Fed regarding the injury. Maybe he is really becoming humble finally.

I agree, he played the right way.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thiem vs. Zverev SF:

This was not a good match. For most of the match, it seemed like players were just making errors, rather than hitting winners.

Zverev did serve well though, at one point they said he made 30 first serves, and was serving first serves at 90%.

I'm glad Thiem won, but neither player played at a high level.

Kenin vs. Muguruza:

Kenin coming back from down 0-40 during a game in the middle of the 3rd set, was one of the best games I've seen. She was just dictating the points so well, moving Muguruza side to side.

She has so much confidence, and is capable of hitting great shots from side to side. Plus she plays drop shots and lobs more than other players, making her even more unique.

I hope to see her, Gauff, Osaka, Stephens, Halep, along with other veterans like Serena, Kvitova, Pliskova make deep runs and continue to battle it out at majors. Of course I always hope Venus has another run in her, at any time.

This was just the 2nd time in the Open Era that a first time major finalist lost the first set, and won the Finals. The other was at the 2017 French Open, when Ostapenko came back to beat Halep.

I do think first time finalists do pretty well in general, but it's surprising on how often they have to win the first set, to win the Finals. I didn't realize it was that rare to come back after losing the first set.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought there was buzz.

Give it some more time, as the Finals just happened during the early AM Saturday in the USA.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 231432

Any recommendations? How many aces does a guy get per match usually? I know nothing about tennis

@tabascojet

Novak Djokovic VS Dominic Thiem | Head 2 Head | ATP Tour | Tennis

They had a combined 15 aces in 3 sets in London in 2019 (indoor hard).

10 aces across 5 sets at the French Open in 2019 (clay).

5 aces across 2 sets at the Madrid Masters (clay)

If I only look at other hard courts:

7 aces across 3 sets in London in 2016.

4 aces across 2 sets in Miami in 2016.

12 aces across 2 sets in Shanghai in 2014.

I hope this helps.

So if I combine indoor and outdoor hard courts:

38 aces across 10 sets.

Based on this information, what are you going to decide to bet on, and on what ace values?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope this helps.

38 aces across 10 sets.

Based on this information, what are you going to decide to bet on, and on what ace values?
i dont think im going to the $1 kicker for an ace just doesnt seem worth it. Because its only the player you chooses ace, not combined.

So if i put @25 on djokovic id win a whopping 6.95, and get $1 per ace he has. They have Combined for a total of 30 aces in three matches. so lets say djokovic gets 7, i then would get 13.95. but thats variable obviously based on the aces, we've seen the have had 10 and 5 COMBINED. and if he gets upset, then i royally lose.

If i bet thiem at $25 I would win 72.50. Plus $1 for every ace he hits.

Obviously theres value with Thiem, but the ace kicker doesnt push me to back him....

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thiem broken right away, down 0-2.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic gets called for two time violations late in the 2nd, loses a first serve because of that, and eventually loses the 2nd set.

Tied at 1 set all now.

Thiem has started to hit cross court shots for unreturnable shots.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope this helps.

38 aces across 10 sets.

From my playing experience I can tell you that aces are somewhat an overrated shot in tennis. It could just means three things:
1. The server’s serve hit the point he aimed for with precision and quickness.
2. The returner is either a bad returner or didn’t anticipate or read the server’s service motion properly or is just an inferior player to the server.
3. the returner has never played the server before and is not familiar with his game.

for example a 5.0 rated player can ace a 3.0 rated player all day. But does that mean the 5.0 is a good server? No. When I see stats that one of the top guys amassed a high number of aces against someone ranked outside fifty or hundred it brings nothing but a chuckle.

If Nole for example can ace Federer four times in the game when Federer is fit and healthy then only we can call his serve too good. But he might have that precision to land the ball where he wanted four times but Fed will read through his motion and know where it’s coming and get his racquet on it.