• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta Falcons player arrested for killing dog.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only someone who is sick in the head would treat a dog like that.
Agreed...but at the same I understand why the Falcons cut him...just didn't want to go down that road again.

My golf buddy has a Yorkie and I was forced to smack her once...right in front of him...dog just kept trying to attack my ankle and finally bit me...whack!...no problems (with my buddy or the dog) since then.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...but at the same I understand why the Falcons cut him...just didn't want to go down that road again.

My golf buddy has a Yorkie and I was forced to smack her once...right in front of him...dog just kept trying to attack my ankle and finally bit me...whack!...no problems (with my buddy or the dog) since then.
There is something wrong with a man who treats something that gives them unconditional love. You were attacked and I can't blame you for your reaction but there is a line between rational and irrational. This man clearly crossed that line. I won't let a minute of sorrow enter myself for his poor decision.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't feel bad for the guy...and this is weird:

The following day, Shembo allegedly made comments to Williams about killing the dog, and she broke up with him, she told police.

If he did it just to be shitty to her, that's another level of loser.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something wrong with a man who treats something that gives them unconditional love. You were attacked and I can't blame you for your reaction but there is a line between rational and irrational. This man clearly crossed that line. I won't let a minute of sorrow enter myself for his poor decision.

In no way is this comment a defense for Shembo, but I get the sense this dog was not showing him unconditional...even in the same case as mine...he went way too far...no way I would've kicked a dog that small ....but I really don't like these little dogs that try to act so badass...my neighbor has a small dog that fits that to a T...I try to be friendly to the dog and it acts as if I'm a cat or something.

Two doors down...another small dog...great dog. I'm not really a dog person, but I could own that dog.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way is this comment a defense for Shembo, but I get the sense this dog was not showing him unconditional...even in the same case as mine...he went way too far...no way I would've kicked a dog that small ....but I really don't like these little dogs that try to act so badass...my neighbor has a small dog that fits that to a T...I try to be friendly to the dog and it acts as if I'm a cat or something.

Two doors down...another small dog...great dog. I'm not really a dog person, but I could own that dog.
Try this experiment for me. Let your hand out to a new dog. Let it investigate and learn you're not a threat. After that, pet it, and then and only then you can decide whether it's wrong or right. Dogs are a lot like humans when it comes to primal instincts. Someone who instantly uses force or intimidation will be greeted with force and intimidation.

I only say this because of my own experience. I've made pitbulls and German shepherds turn into complete sweethearts even when their training told them otherwise. They want a connection like anything else. They're not an inanimate object where you point it and say kill. They're entirely capable of compassion.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try this experiment for me. Let your hand out to a new dog. Let it investigate and learn you're not a threat. After that, pet it, and then and only then you can decide whether it's wrong or right. Dogs are a lot like humans when it comes to primal instincts. Someone who instantly uses force or intimidation will be greeted with force and intimidation.

I only say this because of my own experience. I've made pitbulls and German shepherds turn into complete sweethearts even when their training told them otherwise. They want a connection like anything else. They're not an inanimate object where you point it and say kill. They're entirely capable of compassion.

You sound so much like my golf buddy that you wouldn't believe it!!!

FWIW...I'm not abrasive, afraid, or act like a threat to dogs...if they come up to me in a friendly manner (like his Yorkie does now) I do pretty much what you've pointed out. But...when the dog approaches me in an aggressive manner...calming that dog down, that I haven't mastered yet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ralphie, you're lucky it didn't bite your eye! Those yorkies have been known to kill people!"

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand there are posters here who can't understand why the punishment is so severe for killing an animal, specifically a dog. On the other hand we have a lone Pats fan who says, "whoa, if Brady did such a thing it would be an even bigger over-reaction than that."

Well, I happen to think killing a dog is a pretty egregious act, not many steps from that to killing a person, in some cases I think killing a person might just be more justifiable. In some ways this was an over-reaction, but on a couple other levels it is understandable. Number one, Atlanta was home to a more serious and disturbing dog killer, and two, this incident has domestic violence fingerprints all over it, at some point players need to realize how fortunate they are to live the life and move on without reacting violently, and there are so many examples of poor judgement by these "entitled" individuals it is quite obvious there is a huge problem, initially it is under the surface and now these incidents are getting more notice, hell, you can't tell me the media isn't trolling the news wires for yet another embarrassing and ridiculous event to pop up.

It is as foolish as these guys tying the knot without a prenup, you deserve whatever you get, people are lying in wait for you to fuck up, get a clue and walk away or risk being the next A Hernandez.

Honestly, I don't see Brady doing something so stupid, and I seriously doubt that BB would drop him like a box of rocks over it, I think the concern is warranted, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, but it is still a free country and the Falcons are entitled to stand by a player or drop him as they see fit.

Such is life in the namby-pamby world we live in.

Anyone got the latest on the Bruce Jenner lunacy? SMHx100!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand there are posters here who can't understand why the punishment is so severe for killing an animal, specifically a dog. On the other hand we have a lone Pats fan who says, "whoa, if Brady did such a thing it would be an even bigger over-reaction than that."

Well, I happen to think killing a dog is a pretty egregious act, not many steps from that to killing a person, in some cases I think killing a person might just be more justifiable. In some ways this was an over-reaction, but on a couple other levels it is understandable. Number one, Atlanta was home to a more serious and disturbing dog killer, and two, this incident has domestic violence fingerprints all over it, at some point players need to realize how fortunate they are to live the life and move on without reacting violently, and there are so many examples of poor judgement by these "entitled" individuals it is quite obvious there is a huge problem, initially it is under the surface and now these incidents are getting more notice, hell, you can't tell me the media isn't trolling the news wires for yet another embarrassing and ridiculous event to pop up.

It is as foolish as these guys tying the knot without a prenup, you deserve whatever you get, people are lying in wait for you to fuck up, get a clue and walk away or risk being the next A Hernandez.

Honestly, I don't see Brady doing something so stupid, and I seriously doubt that BB would drop him like a box of rocks over it, I think the concern is warranted, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, but it is still a free country and the Falcons are entitled to stand by a player or drop him as they see fit.

Such is life in the namby-pamby world we live in.

Anyone got the latest on the Bruce Jenner lunacy? SMHx100!

Lots of good stuff there but too much to comment on.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what dude is trying to say.

I own a Yorkie so I'm certainly not excusing kicking one of the little pups to death.