• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At what point does Draymond Green become a distraction for the Golden State Warriors?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the over under on suspensions/felonies at 2 lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this helps in some crazy way. More focus on Dray, less on Curry/Durant.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this helps in some crazy way. More focus on Dray, less on Curry/Durant.

There were reports last year of green having to be physically restrained from attacking kerr

Since then he has kicked people in the balls, drove his bmw while recording it at 125 mph down the freeway, been charged with assault and posted a dick pick on snapchat...If i told you he was charged with dui and ran over someone tomorrow would you believe it?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol think that's how it's gonna work, huh...?

then again, guess it COULD...

No, I don't. But I do think Dray's personality will make him covet the villain role. I don't think the others will enjoy it like Dray. If he becomes the most hated Warrior, maybe it takes some pressure off the others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were reports last year of green having to be physically restrained from attacking kerr

Since then he has kicked people in the balls, drove his bmw while recording it at 125 mph down the freeway, been charged with assault and posted a dick pick on snapchat...If i told you he was charged with dui and ran over someone tomorrow would you believe it?

No.

But if I heard it from a reputable source I would.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't. But I do think Dray's personality will make him covet the villain role. I don't think the others will enjoy it like Dray. If he becomes the most hated Warrior, maybe it takes some pressure off the others.

I see him getting suspended for the year at some point...if gs gets off to a rough start look out....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some guys dont know how to handle success.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him getting suspended for the year at some point...if gs gets off to a rough start look out....

CBA has guidelines on how long a player can be suspended. Only way that happens is if he jumps into a crowd ala Ron Artest. Man, you're reaching more than usual today.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBA has guidelines on how long a player can be suspended. Only way that happens is if he jumps into a crowd ala Ron Artest. Man, you're reaching more than usual today.

I could easily see him doing that but he would be kicking fans in the balls instead of punching them like artest lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the distraction Draymond is providing right now has taken a lot of the heat off of the whole KD situation. Total team player, imo.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is a pretty significant and almost irreplaceable piece for this team. You factor in his long term contract that now is going to be a bargain for what he brings and it's almost impossible for you to replace the guy with anywhere near the level of skill/talent he brings to the table.

There are really only 4 guys who could probably do what Draymond does, or at least provide different, usable production to the Warriors:

Anthony Davis
Karl Anthony Towns
Lebron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo

Not saying these are the only 4 guys better than Draymond, but these are the 4 guys who would thrive in the Warriors system in place of Draymond. And the Warriors are not getting any of these guys.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond has acted like a typical 25 year old.

-Speeding in a fast car
-Got into a bar fight
-Snapped pictures of his junk and sent it to someone

While these are all huge off-court distractions, in the grand scheme of things these are petty violations. He hasn't had any drug use, no abuse of women, no outrageous partying, no real signs of significant problems. Add to that he got a huge contract last year, and actually IMPROVED, says loads about his dedication to the game.

Now Draymond for sure needs to get his shit together, but I don't see an upward trajectory of bad decision making. If anything it may be linear, but you may have to have some leeway if the infractions are small enough to let go. Repeating any of his prior offenses are major red flags though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond has acted like a typical 25 year old.

-Speeding in a fast car
-Got into a bar fight
-Snapped pictures of his junk and sent it to someone

While these are all huge off-court distractions, in the grand scheme of things these are petty violations. He hasn't had any drug use, no abuse of women, no outrageous partying, no real signs of significant problems. Add to that he got a huge contract last year, and actually IMPROVED, says loads about his dedication to the game.

Now Draymond for sure needs to get his shit together, but I don't see an upward trajectory of bad decision making. If anything it may be linear, but you may have to have some leeway if the infractions are small enough to let go. Repeating any of his prior offenses are major red flags though.

Well, CLEARLY there are some who HOPE he gets into some kinda trouble when the season comes around, but i'll leave those folks nameless...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the distraction Draymond is providing right now has taken a lot of the heat off of the whole KD situation. Total team player, imo.

I can see it now:

KD: hey Dray, these media vultures keep crushing me. Got any ideas to get them off my back?

Dray: I got you. I'll get em talking about something else. Don't worry about it!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% accurate depictions of how each of Draymond's infractions went down:

Draymond Speeding Incident
Steve Kerr: Draymond, I think the pressure of winning these games have gotten to the team. The media is all over us right now.
Draymond: Say no more. I just got this new car...

Halftime of Game 4, NBA Finals
Bob Myers: Dray, if we end up winning this series, we'll have no shot at getting KD.
Draymond: Say no more. Where's Lebron at?

Draymond Bar Incident
KD: Draymond, they're killing me over this move to come to the Warriors. Any way you can help me?
Draymond: Say no more, I'm bout to slap this guy one time.

Draymond Junk Pic Incident
Klay: Man, I got too many of these girls sliding into my DM's. Can you help me out?
Draymond: Say no more....

Total team player.