• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least we aren't the Skins

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling like reflecting on the positives here during the holidays and that thought right there makes me think it won't be that bad. We could easily lose this sunday, and it will hurt a LOT if that happens. However, look across at our division foe. Our HC "might" be fired, theirs will be. Our QB might be out this week, theirs is. Our QB might not be an MVP, but closer than theirs. We won't have a lot of cap space, what has theirs landed them even before the BS penalties?

While it may not mean much in the grand scheme, at least we aren't looking at week 17 saying "who is our next coach, who will we be able to get in the 2nd round, and what is our QB situation?". We are still playing for the East title. We have swept the hated Giants and Skins this season. We have a shot at sweeping the entire East. We have pieces to build around...Romo, Lee, Dez, Ware, Witten, TWill, Murray Frederick, TSmith. We have surprise pieces like our entire OL being decent as well as guys like Selvie, Beasley, Clutts, freakin Sterling Moore. Cap space is going to be hard to come by, but at least we have strung what appear to be a couple of decent draft classes together.

I'm not going to start an offseason thread yet because I honestly don't think we need one yet. Yeah Philly had a great game last week and we are likely without our starting QB. But we aren't starting a rookie back there, and Philly hasn't been world beaters this year. We don't need to beat the Broncos to get into the playoffs, its the freaking Egirls. It's no shoe in to win, but we have already beat most predictions. I can't remember many giving Dallas a shot to contend for the title this year, but even fewer giving the Eagles that shot. Was going to be the Skins, and look how that turned out. There is a reason the games are actually played. :suds:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At least we aren't The Boys"...believe me ford, Skins fans say this all the time.

The Boys are in great shape to win the division, and park that "playoff monkey" on the bench for the rest of us NFCE homers to look at. Sucks about Romo though. He's had a great season IMO, and I always want to see the best players in the game.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the big picture instead. Even if Romo plays in this game, this team is headed nowhere because of a bad defense. Sure it's great to finally say "look at us, we made the playoffs and the Giants and Skids didn't", but is that what it's really all about here? It's about building a serious contender, which this team is far from being. They realistically have to develop a sound young back up QB instead of a pedestrian caretaker that will ultimately only be exposed for what he really is. With the future status of Romo in serious question, and the likely hood of letting an overpriced vet like Orton walk next season due to cap concerns , it's time for this ball club to stop drinking the Romo is our only hope kool aid and start planning for the future by drafting a promising young prospect on this upcoming draft. Who knows how long Romo can compete at a high level with his age and injury history? K also have been screaming all offseason long that this defense will not make them contender unless they can insert some young studs upfront that can pressure opposing passes onto making mistakes. Until Garrett, Jerry, and the Cowboys' nation stop living in the past and make the right moves to cut or replace, or the very least least provide serious competition gor these aging stars, moral victories and just making the playoffs will be enough to make all you happy. But it won't build a serious contender.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the big picture instead. Even if Romo plays in this game, this team is headed nowhere because of a bad defense. Sure it's great to finally say "look at us, we made the playoffs and the Giants and Skids didn't", but is that what it's really all about here? It's about building a serious contender, which this team is far from being. They realistically have to develop a sound young back up QB instead of a pedestrian caretaker that will ultimately only be exposed for what he really is. With the future status of Romo in serious question, and the likely hood of letting an overpriced vet like Orton walk next season due to cap concerns , it's time for this ball club to stop drinking the Romo is our only hope kool aid and start planning for the future by drafting a promising young prospect on this upcoming draft. Who knows how long Romo can compete at a high level with his age and injury history? K also have been screaming all offseason long that this defense will not make them contender unless they can insert some young studs upfront that can pressure opposing passes onto making mistakes. Until Garrett, Jerry, and the Cowboys' nation stop living in the past and make the right moves to cut or replace, or the very least least provide serious competition gor these aging stars, moral victories and just making the playoffs will be enough to make all you happy. But it won't build a serious contender.

I'm not saying we are a contender or pwerhouse, or that we don't have major issues. But for a team that was supposed to battle for the 2nd or 3rd spot in the East, not too terrible. There is much work to be done, but at least we aren't looking at an epic failure on all fronts and lack of first rounder to help start things on the right path. It could be worse, that's all I'm saying.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we are a contender or pwerhouse, or that we don't have major issues. But for a team that was supposed to battle for the 2nd or 3rd spot in the East, not too terrible. There is much work to be done, but at least we aren't looking at an epic failure on all fronts and lack of first rounder to help start things on the right path. It could be worse, that's all I'm saying.

I agree. I also don't see Garrett as the wrong coach for this team. This team does not get blown out and competes in almost every game down to the wire. Unless there is another Jimmy Johnson out there that can command the same respect and free reign to make personnel decisions from Jerry like he once did, just hiring another coach and installing a new system on both sides of the ball will only set them back even further...I think Jerry realizes this no matter what happens in this game.

I think they need to provide serious competition on both sides of the ball and stop handing out starting jobs to players simply off of past performances. Until they finally understand that, it will be nothing but 8-8 seasons and salary cap hell for the foreseeable future. This team has to start getting younger .

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree with Ford. I don't see us in the situation of the Redskins.

Redskins hopes going forward are that they have cap space this year. However go look at the FA class this. Not much in the department of their needs.

Losing Fletcher on a defense that might not give up as many yards as us but one that has given up the most points in the league.... isn't a good sign.
Both safeties they drafted have been flops.
Hall is getting older
RG3 may have lost the locker room
Shanny may be gone
Which means new scheme

Cowboys have alot of needs as well .... but one thing we know for sure ... we aren't going out in FA and overpaying anyone. .... it's gonna be a sad offseason for anyonne that wants us to go after a top player in FA ..... not going to happen.

Positives on the Cowboys though ... we have an O-line that has improved greatly ... All of which are young. Half on their rookie contracts.
Young receivers that will get better with Dez Williams and Beasley
and Murray is young and a great Rb we need to find a way to keep him healthy. He is a major difference maker on this team.

D-line is bad.... but Crawford will be back and I like the kid alot in the 4-3. Lee is young and Carter is young ... Durant will be back healthy I think Church will be ok at safety if we get two D- tackles Mo is young Scandrick is having his best year. and over payed Carr better learn this scheme or we might just have to bite the bullet and admit we made a mistake on him

But we are getting younger Can't do it in one year. Now we need to find a way to stay healthier

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very nice to sweep the Skins. I admit that I think most of that fan base are morons and I really like to rub it in their faces.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be DEVASTATED if the Eagles had a season like the Skins and didnt have a great 1st round pick to look forward too.

With that said, my team of the near future are the Rams. They are getting a top 3 pick this year plus their 15th or so pick. Then they get two more again next year (2015). They are in good cap shape too. But what do you do if you are them? Do you trade the 2nd over all pick in the draft and move back and grab more firsts? Do you go OLine (which they desperately need) with picks 2 and 15. If I were them I'd go Clowney. THey have an excellent D and maybe the best front 4 all ready in the NFL. Clowney is not a need pick but if he pans out they could have a flat out DEVASTATING D. Decisions decisions!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be DEVASTATED if the Eagles had a season like the Skins and didnt have a great 1st round pick to look forward too.

With that said, my team of the near future are the Rams. They are getting a top 3 pick this year plus their 15th or so pick. Then they get two more again next year (2015). They are in good cap shape too. But what do you do if you are them? Do you trade the 2nd over all pick in the draft and move back and grab more firsts? Do you go OLine (which they desperately need) with picks 2 and 15. If I were them I'd go Clowney. THey have an excellent D and maybe the best front 4 all ready in the NFL. Clowney is not a need pick but if he pans out they could have a flat out DEVASTATING D. Decisions decisions!

Easy choice, you trade that #2 for a team looking for a QB (many this year I'd think) for an unprotected #1 next year and then a slew of 2-6 picks this year.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that most redskins fans say the same thing about the cowboys.

With the best qb in the division, the best rb I the division, the best tight end in the division, a legit #1 wr, a legit LT, I don't think the cupboard is nearly as bare as you clowns seem to think it is.

This was a horrific year for the redskins, that's true.

But they aren't nearly as bad as their record suggests, and with some cap space and high draft picks in most every round, they'll be back to winning the division next year.

That's how the NFC east rolls: division winners haven't repeated in over a decade.

Enjoy extending your season at the most, by one week: neither the eagles or cowboys are any more than one and done.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last redskins pick to the rams is this year, moron.

Merry Christmas.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, Frye, you can post decently. There is nothing in this post that is inflammatory and most of us would agree with it. Good job.

Merry Christmas.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the best qb in the division, the best rb I the division, the best tight end in the division, a legit #1 wr, a legit LT, I don't think the cupboard is nearly as bare as you clowns seem to think it is.

But they aren't nearly as bad as their record suggests, and with some cap space and high draft picks in most every round, they'll be back to winning the division next year.

That's how the NFC east rolls: division winners haven't repeated in over a decade.

Enjoy extending your season at the most, by one week: neither the eagles or cowboys are any more than one and done.

I think the best QB in the division THIS year is Nick Foles. With that said the best QB in the division is Tony Romo. So you're gonna try and tell us that Lesean McCoy isnt the best RB in the division. Yeah, OK. What ever you say. I dont get this. Are you saying the Cowboys have the best QB/RB/TE in the division, or are you saying the Redskins do? It makes no sense cause Witten is the best TE in the division, McCoy is the best RB in the division and the best QB is either Foles or Romo? You surely cant think the Redskins have the best QB/RB/TE in the division. Both Desean and Dez are better then Garcon. Philly and Dallas both have excellent All Pro calibre LTs.

I forgot about the pick Washington gave up to the Rams last year. I was wrong on one pick but I wouldnt be able to sleep if the Eagles had the 2nd worst record in the NFL and didnt even get to keep the incredible draft pick. YOu have ZERO class. I remember after week one you said Philly has nothing but Lesean McCoy. I cant believe you come on here thumping your chest after this massively awful season that you dont even to add a player like Clowney. RG3 was terrible this year. YOur owner is a moron. Your coach is getting fired. You are going 3-13 and your on here posting how either Dallas or Philly are going to get bounced after round one. You have fucking zero clue and got laughed off your own board for being such a dip shit. Witten has almost 50% more yards and 3 times as many TD's as your TE but he's better. Friggin fool.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles 25 TDs, 2 INTs, 118.8 QBR
Romo 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 96.7 QBR
RG3 16 TDs, 12 INTs (6 fumbles) 82.2 QBR

But RG3 is the best QB in the division

Demarco Murray 1073 rushing, 311 receiving 10 TD's 1384 TOTAL 5.4 YPC
Alfred Morris 1213 rushing, 57 receiving, 7 TD's 1270 TOTAL 4.7 YPC
Lesean McCoy 1487 rushing, 536 receiving 10 TDs 2023 TOTAL 5.1 YPC

Lesean McCoy has 800 more yards this season but Alfred Morris is better folks Demarco and Lesean have more TD's, more total yards, more receiving yards and better YPC... but Morris is better.

Jason Witten 716 yards and 8 TDs and 61 catches
Brent Celek 431 yards and 5 TDs/Zach Ertz 426 yards 4 TDs
Jordan Reed 499 yards and 3 TDs

Witten has 5 more TDs and 217 more yards. Phillys 2nd string TE is about even with Reed but Jordan Reed is the best TE in the division. Fucking Witten is rolling over in his grave and that comment and the guy isnt even dead yet. Jordan Reed better then Witten you guys. Good grief.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lesean McCoy has 800 more yards this season but Alfred Morris is better folks Demarco and Lesean have more TD's, more total yards, more receiving yards and better YPC... but Morris is better.

Witten has 5 more TDs and 217 more yards. Phillys 2nd string TE is about even with Reed but Jordan Reed is the best TE in the division. Fucking Witten is rolling over in his grave and that comment and the guy isnt even dead yet. Jordan Reed better then Witten you guys. Good grief.

well I guess there is nothing more to say on this subject now is there.

Move along folks nothing to see here (everyone slows down to see a slaughter)

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get em! Get em! & that's all I have to say about that.....:laugh3:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best QB in the division is either Eli or Romo. Best RB is easily McCoy, second best is Murray. Best TE is Witten. You have a legit #1 WR, but he is not as good as Dez or Cruz. I'll also take our LT and take two of Philly's tackles over your guy. So I'm not sure if you made a case for Wash being better than discussed or worse if those are their bright spots. You have one chance to not suck for the next 5 years and that is RGIII being not good, but great...and healthy...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is the best you can do, feel free to stick to the skins board. Thanks

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB in the division is either Eli or Romo. Best RB is easily McCoy, second best is Murray. Best TE is Witten. You have a legit #1 WR, but he is not as good as Dez or Cruz. I'll also take our LT and take two of Philly's tackles over your guy. So I'm not sure if you made a case for Wash being better than discussed or worse if those are their bright spots. You have one chance to not suck for the next 5 years and that is RGIII being not good, but great...and healthy...

Im fine with you saying Romo and Eli are better then Foles cause Foles hasn't been good for long but I also agree that Eli is better then RG3. RG3 had a nice year last year but not nicer then some seasons Eli has had including 2 SB's. But I bet if you asked the 32 GMs right now who they'd rather have Foles or RG3 at least 75% would say Foles. 25 TD's and 2 INTs. Better QBR then Peyton Manning.

Morris>Shady
Reed>Witten
RG3>Romo/Eli/Foles

Fucking hillarious!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fine with you saying Romo and Eli are better then Foles cause Foles hasn't been good for long but I also agree that Eli is better then RG3. RG3 had a nice year last year but not nicer then some seasons Eli has had including 2 SB's. But I bet if you asked the 32 GMs right now who they'd rather have Foles or RG3 at least 75% would say Foles. 25 TD's and 2 INTs. Better QBR then Peyton Manning.

Morris>Shady
Reed>Witten
RG3>Romo/Eli/Foles

Fucking hillarious!

Foles looks the part some games, and looks like a rookie in others. If he turns out to be the stud, then he's a heck of a find. If he turns out to be the guy Dallas first faced, then he will just be another Romo type player who can put up good games and then mail others in.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles looks the part some games, and looks like a rookie in others. If he turns out to be the stud, then he's a heck of a find. If he turns out to be the guy Dallas first faced, then he will just be another Romo type player who can put up good games and then mail others in.

He has been incredible over the last 7 but that first Cowboys game he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the first half. Then he got concussed and our USC QB came in a crapped the sheets.

Thats why I said Im willing to say Eli and Romo are better as of right now. But Foles is the QB of the division this season only. 25 and 2 is incredible TD/INT ratio. 118.8 QBR is tremendous too. He has taken a 1-3/3-5 team to the brink of the playoffs. I have to admit that our racist #2 WR Riley Cooper has been huge the 2nd half of the season too. After the first 5 games Cooper was one of the worst statistically ranked starters in the NFL and exploded out of no where. I also dont think the D is given enough credit. THey sure arent dominating but they've given up over 21 only once in the last 10 games. No one could have predicted this... but no one can say this will stay true. Waaaay to short of a sample for all 3 (Cooper, Foles, D)