• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At home to play the defending AL Champs Royals

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article. I believe Adam is wrong about when Blanks becomes a free agent. I believe he is free after this year. Between Pegs and Blanks I would guess that Blanks is closest to being a flash in the pan.

I wonder if Pegs or Blanks either one will be around when we are in contention again if we have any money to spend on our bench. I think we will have money to spend on our bench then. I think Rua and Moreland will be on our bench by then as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article. I believe Adam is wrong about when Blanks becomes a free agent. I believe he is free after this year. Between Pegs and Blanks I would guess that Blanks is closest to being a flash in the pan.

I wonder if Pegs or Blanks either one will be around when we are in contention again if we have any money to spend on our bench. I think we will have money to spend on our bench then. I think Rua and Moreland will be on our bench by then as well.
I have my doubts about Moreland because of injury and inconsistency.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts about Moreland because of injury and inconsistency.
I have my doubts about him in those same areas and that is why I wouldn't ever want to count on him as an everyday player when we are in contention.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts about him in those same areas and that is why I wouldn't ever want to count on him as an everyday player when we are in contention.
Best of luck to Mitch but the time to move on is now. If Rua, Pegasus, Blanks and Deshields are given playing time and they will, I feel one or two will be with the club.Maybe more but to count on Mitch after 2015 is not in the cards for me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to Mitch but the time to move on is now. If Rua, Pegasus, Blanks and Deshields are given playing time and they will, I feel one or two will be with the club.Maybe more but to count on Mitch after 2015 is not in the cards for me.

DeShields is in the cat-bird seat, IMO. He is by far our best option as a backup CF, plus, he's actually showing a little life. Not mentally of course. But he's hitting better and seems to have relaxed more in the OF too.

Don't know what it is, but now we've got 2 CFs who's strong suit is physical ability, and their baseball IQ is pathetically poor.

Agree with everyone re: MM. Something which I noticed with Mitch over the past 3 seasons is this, when he comes back from injury, sometimes he comes back ready to play, and sometimes he comes back looking like it's late Mar/early Apr in Surprise.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShields is in the cat-bird seat, IMO. He is by far our best option as a backup CF, plus, he's actually showing a little life. Not mentally of course. But he's hitting better and seems to have relaxed more in the OF too.

Don't know what it is, but now we've got 2 CFs who's strong suit is physical ability, and their baseball IQ is pathetically poor.

Agree with everyone re: MM. Something which I noticed with Mitch over the past 3 seasons is this, when he comes back from injury, sometimes he comes back ready to play, and sometimes he comes back looking like it's late Mar/early Apr in Surprise.
Well we certainly have some hard decisions to make and Josh is not making it any easier

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says it leaves Delino and Pegs for the final bench spot. What about Smolinski? I'd send him down and not think twice.
No doubt. send him down

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says it leaves Delino and Pegs for the final bench spot. What about Smolinski? I'd send him down and not think twice.

Yep. Smo is already headed towards AAA IMO. We've gotta keep Blanks in the lineup till he cools off though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Smo is already headed towards AAA IMO. We've gotta keep Blanks in the lineup till he cools off though.

I believe that's happening right now. He's already down to .277. He just missed on a couple HR's yesterday, but a week ago at least one of those leaves the yard.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we'll stick with DeShields and Smolinski isn't even on the teams radar at this point.

Can't imagine we'd want to depend on Hamilton as our backup CF considering his injury history. Again, this really puts DeShields in a nice position, for the immediate future anyway.

But if nothing else, it certainly gives us something to talk about. haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a chance that only one of those is here 2-3 years from now and that the one that is left will be backing up someone else.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that's happening right now. He's already down to .277. He just missed on a couple HR's yesterday, but a week ago at least one of those leaves the yard.

Kinda silly to be saying that because he barely missed two bombs yesterday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance that only one of those is here 2-3 years from now and that the one that is left will be backing up someone else.

Got a feeling Rua may become a super utility player who can play everything but catcher, ss, and CF. Of course, that all depends on whether enough of Gallo, Profar, Mazara, Brinson, and Williams fulfill their potential as ML starters to make that happen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the HR's. It the fact that his avg. has dropped over .100 points in very little time. A lot of swings and misses. I know the lack of ABs contributes.

Small sample size.