• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros vs Mariners April 15th - 17th:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much as some others I'm sure. Only HR I ever gave up was to this kid at Jackson who was probably also on their Oline. He went oppo on me and I tipped my hat. Felt like facing Frank Thomas.

My best game was shutting out the reigning state champion Shorewood team. Now I'm sure I have rotator cuff damage, but worth it.
Did you play that Snyder kid from Jackson?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he looks pretty damn good.

I love how he is just wild enough to keep the hitters from diving into the pitch how they get so used to doing.

Brash OWNS the inside corner against righties and lefties have that big sweeping slider bustin' in on their hands ... good stuff !!
Brash has been awesome. My question is they were going to limit his innings. He met his quota both times then sent back out for another inning each game.

But a really solid series win with the Astros even without Haniger

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you play that Snyder kid from Jackson?

Travis Snider? Looks like it. He's a year younger than me, so probably faced him at least 2 years. Guess I can say he didn't take me deep either, since he doesn't look much like Frank Thomas.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brash didn't have any command at all today, which goes to show how good his stuff is. Walked 6 and hit a guy but still went 5+ no hits. When he gets his command down he's gonna be a problem.

Munoz is a monster. Can't believe Yohan Ramirez is our 2nd best flamethrower.

France is the closest thing to Edgar we're gonna see, and that's not a surprise learning from Tony freaking Gwynn.

Frazier's ability to put barrel on ball is what this team was missing last year. I think I prefer JP in the leadoff just because he works more walks, but good to have both.

That series pretty much went as best case scenario. Verlander beat us, but we didn't get pummeled in game 2, however, we pretty much dominated the other 2 games. Winning tough series at home is important so we can hold serve on the road.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brash has been awesome. My question is they were going to limit his innings. He met his quota both times then sent back out for another inning each game.

But a really solid series win with the Astros even without Haniger
Most likely they saw that he never really had any 'stressful' innings or critical situations to work out of. the extra pitches due to base on balls were a fluke thing that he brought on himself. The double plays limited his exposure to the 'big' inning that would have seen him get the big heave ho.

A young arm - his eagerness to over throw at times ( hence the lack of control ) and his limited exposue to regular outings ( hell he hardly had a minor league career )

He has a really nice delivery and follow through that should help him moving forward to avoid arm / shoulder troubles.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT series win for the Mariners with a statement series... in 2 of the 3 wins, the M's outscored them 18-3... Great building block as we move on...