• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Asik wants traded. Houston says "no way"

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it obvious they dont want teams to have leverage when they try to negotiate a trade. Due to the fact everyone knows he doesnt want to be there so they will try to low ball houston. I think it would be wise to trade him to the pelicans for anderson who played well along side howard and they need a center

I was thinking along those same lines. Then you could move davis to his more natural 4 position and not force him to play minutes at center. It'd also give the rockets great size and 3pt shooting between parsons and anderson.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now who is Houston starting PF?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now who is Houston starting PF?

Sure as hell won't be Asik. Spacing would go to hell with him and Howard on the court at the same time. And neither can guard 4. which is why it actually makes complete sense to trade him like it has been mentioned they need to make it seem like they don't want to trade him otherwise they have no leverage

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Jones? He seems like the best fit. He can step outside and shoot but still rebound and bang if needed.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised to see Motiejunas get a good amount of minutes there as well if the roster stays as is. and parsons if they go small.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way they can start Asik.

Asik for Ryan Anderson would make the most sense but from what I read the other night on twitter, the pelicans want no part of him

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him. He wants to be a starter. I think he's capable too. He put up good numbers last year despite Houston not running any plays whatsoever. That's not much of an exaggeration either. Something like 80% of their offense was Harden sprinting around till a shot came out of it. He's shown good skills in Chi and Hou that he can be a quality starter. Not an all-star, but certainly worthy of being a starter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him. He wants to be a starter. I think he's capable too. He put up good numbers last year despite Houston not running any plays whatsoever. That's not much of an exaggeration either. Something like 80% of their offense was Harden sprinting around till a shot came out of it. He's shown good skills in Chi and Hou that he can be a quality starter. Not an all-star, but certainly worthy of being a starter.

I agree. I would take him on Miami if he wasn't making so much money. He's a quality center who would be good for a double-double usually

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could sure use him if they don't get Kaman.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could sure use him if they don't get Kaman.

I actually like Kaman, but if the Lakers sign him I will fly back to LA and smack piss out of Buss Jr:fish:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign and trade? Or is the idea to spite Dwight now lol.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cap hit was spread out though.......so even though he is getting paid 5 mil,the cap hit for rockets is 8.7mil

and when he is paid 15 mil the cap hit will still be 8.7 mil.......not sure how this will change if he gets traded but if the the cap hit stays the same i am sure teams would love to have him

I agree. I would take him on Miami if he wasn't making so much money. He's a quality center who would be good for a double-double usually

this is the part that needs to be figured out.......if its just a 8.7 mil cap hit then not bad at all

i think the owner would still pay him 15 mil but it wont count against the cap

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/omer-asik/

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Asik I would stay. They might not win it all but they will cause some serious headaches. Those of you doubting this team probably don't have much of a basketball IQ or right now you're just mad at Howard. This team is basically Orlando with better players and a now 2 legit All Stars. They don't have to win it all to be considered a success the first year. Loss in the WCF's should be the max expectation for Houston.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what his issue is. You're making a ton of money (overpaid big time) and you're now playing on a team who are contenders at least to make a run in the playoffs.

He avg 30 MPG last season....Now with Howard that may drop to about 22-25 MPG but who cares?

He plays in the NBA where ego's are higher than contracts. If they aren't going to be considered # 1 then these pansies want out. spoiled sobs!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone believed he would be in Houston for the entire contract anyway. They got him away from the Bulls with a backloaded deal, he was never getting a home in houston.

I dont think they will have much choice in trading him, they need some more help than Harden for Howard in Houston.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Asik I would stay. They might not win it all but they will cause some serious headaches. Those of you doubting this team probably don't have much of a basketball IQ or right now you're just mad at Howard. This team is basically Orlando with better players and a now 2 legit All Stars. They don't have to win it all to be considered a success the first year. Loss in the WCF's should be the max expectation for Houston.
You don't need high basketball IQ to understand that the Rockets will have 0 production from the PF position. Additionally, it would be one of the worst offensive lineups to run Howard and Asik together. Neither can shoot and spacing would be laughably bad. And lets not act like their backcourt is full of defensive stalwarts either.

2nd round in the West is my limit for them atm. They make some moves and my opinion may change.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need high basketball IQ to understand that the Rockets will have 0 production from the PF position. Additionally, it would be one of the worst offensive lineups to run Howard and Asik together. Neither can shoot and spacing would be laughably bad. And lets not act like their backcourt is full of defensive stalwarts either.

2nd round in the West is my limit for them atm. They make some moves and my opinion may change.
Seems to me what should be casual basketball knowledge has disappeared. Howard makes Houston better no if's ands, or butts about it. They dont really need much production from their PF position. They have all the other positions covered as stands and without any moves. Also Asik can come off the bench. He doesn't need to play with Howard for long minutes. If Asik is too dumb to understand what they can accomplish then trade him at Houstons leisure and only for something worthwhile.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me what should be casual basketball knowledge has disappeared. Howard makes Houston better no if's ands, or butts about it. They dont really need much production from their PF position. They have all the other positions covered as stands and without any moves. Also Asik can come off the bench. He doesn't need to play with Howard for long minutes. If Asik is too dumb to understand what they can accomplish then trade him at Houstons leisure and only for something worthwhile.
I'm talking post season matchups here. They'd get worked by Memphis, OKC, or SA. Are you arguing otherwise?

Parsons can shoot, but only from certain spots on the court. Howard will draw double teams, but it's not like their wide open PF (whoever it is) is going to be able to make that shot on the regular.

Casual basketball knowledge is baseless and full of shit.

Are the Rockets better? Yes.

Are the Rockets good enough to win a championship right now? No.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking post season matchups here. They'd get worked by Memphis, OKC, or SA. Are you arguing otherwise?

Parsons can shoot, but only from certain spots on the court. Howard will draw double teams, but it's not like their wide open PF (whoever it is) is going to be able to make that shot on the regular.

Casual basketball knowledge is baseless and full of shit.

Are the Rockets better? Yes.

Are the Rockets good enough to win a championship right now? No.
Yes. I don't see them being worked by OKC or Memphis. I think they are the 3rd best team in the West.

1. SA

2. Clips

3. Houston

4. OKC

5. GSW

6. Memphis

I said in my post its highly unlikely they even go to the Finals.