• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Brass strike a match ...Giants Brass continue to scratch their Ass

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubbies got a huge haul, and now have the 2 best SS prospects in the game. They also happen to have a young SS locked in at the ML level right now. I wonder if he could play 2B.....

I like Starlin Castro, and I think he has room to grow as a player. He's not the most patient hitter, and he hasn't showed as much power as scouts expected, and he's not a great defender at SS. But he still keeps his average up, is showing more power this year and is still very young (just turned 24). His contract is big, but it's back-loaded. Also, if the Giants ate a lot of it, they wouldn't have to give up much in terms of prospects.

I think a move off SS would be good for him, but it's probably unlikely. And the move itself is unlikely from a Giants perspective. But it could be something to follow. The Cubs may wait until the offseason anyway to trade Castro.

He'd fit right in here.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, fellas, let's not turn on one another during this putrid streak. We won't help ourselves nor the team.

Sabean must have a plan, and like it or not, it has scored the Giants two WS rings recently.

Those WS rings were glorious, but they may have spoiled us, at least I am spoiled. I expect more out of this team than a 5-18 streak, and now trailing the hated ones.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget that the Giants are about to get dealt a pair of pocket Aces in the form of the return of Belt and Pagan, plus an extra hole card in the form of Scutaro. It is not the SPs that have let us down - it is the hitting because of the reappearance of holes in our lineup. Getting those three back will make those holes go away. Hitting is contagious, good and bad. Look for a lot more good down the stretch.

The relievers, esp Romo, have also let us down in this downturn. Remedies are available, however:

1) The return of Casilla looks to relegate Romo back to a more suitable role.
2) Arguably the strongest aspect of our farm system is the relievers. When the rosters expand to 40, look for more than one of that corps to be in the SF bullpen itching to prove themselves worthy.
3) If the FO knows anything about talent and has traded effectively in the past, it is in the area of relief pitching. A good bet for you poker players out there would be for us to pick up an undervalued, quality bullpen arm before the deadline, hoping to fill our full house.
4) Maybe the bullpen guys we have are simply in a slump, or burned out in some way. It happens. Perhaps the resurgence of the hitters or the SPs will "relieve" some of the pressure on the pen, and loosen them up to better perform.

FullMetalSgt.jpg

Angry MF: TYVM!!. Why waste your time reading the analysis of losers when all you have to do is read what I write here!! TYVM!! Now, lights out, and no more of your damn fireworks!!!

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually look at the As trade in another way. Samardzija is going to live in the Bay area for 1.5 years then need to be re-signed. As are too cheap to do it. Maybe he will stay in the Bay area as a FA.

ISLGcM0.jpg