• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Brass strike a match ...Giants Brass continue to scratch their Ass

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's get Samardzija and Hammel from Cubs in the first shot over the bow in MLB. Billy Beane pulls a Al Rosen trade on America's Birthday while the candles are out in San Francisco. Big ballz from Billy and I am rooting for the A's to go all the way if the Giants don't get there. Beane does the most with the least money to spend and he deserves a WS title. I am going to watch more A's games now because they got ballz.

Where are you at Brian Sabean ? You just got trumped by fucking Billy Beane in the Bay.

Go A's !

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for Sabean to make a move right now (especially given what OAK paid. Russell much better prospect than anyone we have). This team needs to prove they are worth investing in and acquiring assets to help

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for Sabean to make a move right now (especially given what OAK paid. Russell much better prospect than anyone we have). This team needs to prove they are worth investing in and acquiring assets to help

Fuck that ! All in ! Kick some ass !

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you proposing the Giants should have made the trade with Chicago instead?

No. The A's just got beat in Detroit and Beane recognized his team may come up short again in the playoffs to Detroit. He BELIEVES in his team and is going ALL IN to advance in the playoffs and try for that WS Championship. I commend him for rolling the dice and going for it here on July 4th. He got two pitchers that could do just that. I like Beane more than ever right now. Big Ballz in a day when teams are chicken to make a early move. Billy just lit off some real fireworks and it's going to be interesting to see who makes the next move.

The Giants need bats more than pitching right now. Sabean and who ever owns the Giants are content to keep selling their Garlic Fries and fucking garden in centerfield and let the team die on the vine like 2013.Grow some ballz and do something or sell the team to someone who wants to try and win Championships every year . All in or bust ! No in between for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The A's just got beat in Detroit and Beane recognized his team may come up short again in the playoffs to Detroit. He BELIEVES in his team and is going ALL IN to advance in the playoffs and try for that WS Championship. I commend him for rolling the dice and going for it here on July 4th. He got two pitchers that could do just that. I like Beane more than ever right now. Big Ballz in a day when teams are chicken to make a early move. Billy just lit off some real fireworks and it's going to be interesting to see who makes the next move.

The Giants need bats more than pitching right now. Sabean and who ever owns the Giants are content to keep selling their Garlic Fries and fucking garden in centerfield and let the team die on the vine like 2013.Grow some ballz and do something or sell ther team to someone who wants to try and win Championships every year . All in or bust ! No in between for me.

Wait....you want Sabean fired if he doesn't sell the farm for a struggling team?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....you want Sabean fired if he doesn't sell the farm for a struggling team?

Sell the farm? They can fix things by giving up a few prospects that MIGHT make it and if they do who cares. Today is for Champions...tomorrow is for centerfield garden growers with no ballz. The fans have put up the money over three million tickets will be sold. Put up or take your tomatoes and shove them up their ass. I will not stand by and watch this team die on the vine two years in a row with no help from the brass. They owe us a shot this year at the brass ring and they owe the players.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing...All this All together now shit is just that if they don't do something this year. They simply don't want to win bad enough to maybe let the team go down the drain without trying to help. They have what it takes to win it all but you have to BELIEVE in them to get it done. I am all in on these Band of brothers but a little help would be appreciated . Be pro active and kick some ass.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two championships since 2010...

Doubling the team payroll since 2008...

I think the Front Office is doing just fine (overall). This is a tough stretch, granted, but jeebus, dude, relax. We cant win every game. We cant win every championship. Deciding to "go all in" with a 5 6 suited is not a good strategy for winning the session. Sometimes you need to fold, or make a feeler bet. The A's have a HELL of a team this year. Going "all in" is not a bad bet for them. Not so much at this point for the Giants.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two championships since 2010...

Doubling the team payroll since 2008...

I think the Front Office is doing just fine (overall). This is a tough stretch, granted, but jeebus, dude, relax. We cant win every game. We cant win every championship. Deciding to "go all in" with a 5 6 suited is not a good strategy for winning the session. Sometimes you need to fold, or make a feeler bet. The A's have a HELL of a team this year. Going "all in" is not a bad bet for them. Not so much at this point for the Giants.

Look man, not everyone has next year to plan for. Maybe the team is not a pair of aces but I believe in them. My Dad is in pretty bad shape and this might be his last season. I'm all in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look man, not everyone has next year to plan for. Maybe the team is not a pair of aces but I believe in them. My Dad is in pretty bad shape and this might be his last season. I'm all in.

I am sorry to hear that.

However, for the health of the franchise, shoving with 5 6 suited or KJ is just not a good bet. And those are about the best hands we have right now.

The A's have an AQ at worst, so shoving for them makes sense.

However, I understand that you are looking at it like it is later in the tourney, and your stack is getting low. Shoving for you makes sense. I get it.

(You started the poker analogies. I hope you were able to follow my comparisons)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually look at the As trade in another way. Samardzija is going to live in the Bay area for 1.5 years then need to be re-signed. As are too cheap to do it. Maybe he will stay in the Bay area as a FA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually look at the As trade in another way. Samardzija is going to live in the Bay area for 1.5 years then need to be re-signed. As are too cheap to do it. Maybe he will stay in the Bay area as a FA.

God, I hope not.

He will be 31 by that time, and would owe nothing to Giants, thus not likely giving any discount.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry to hear that.

However, for the health of the franchise, shoving with 5 6 suited or KJ is just not a good bet. And those are about the best hands we have right now.

The A's have an AQ at worst, so shoving for them makes sense.

However, I understand that you are looking at it like it is later in the tourney, and your stack is getting low. Shoving for you makes sense. I get it.

(You started the poker analogies. I hope you were able to follow my comparisons)

And let's not forget that the Giants are about to get dealt a pair of pocket Aces in the form of the return of Belt and Pagan, plus an extra hole card in the form of Scutaro. It is not the SPs that have let us down - it is the hitting because of the reappearance of holes in our lineup. Getting those three back will make those holes go away. Hitting is contagious, good and bad. Look for a lot more good down the stretch.

The relievers, esp Romo, have also let us down in this downturn. Remedies are available, however:

1) The return of Casilla looks to relegate Romo back to a more suitable role.
2) Arguably the strongest aspect of our farm system is the relievers. When the rosters expand to 40, look for more than one of that corps to be in the SF bullpen itching to prove themselves worthy.
3) If the FO knows anything about talent and has traded effectively in the past, it is in the area of relief pitching. A good bet for you poker players out there would be for us to pick up an undervalued, quality bullpen arm before the deadline, hoping to fill our full house.
4) Maybe the bullpen guys we have are simply in a slump, or burned out in some way. It happens. Perhaps the resurgence of the hitters or the SPs will "relieve" some of the pressure on the pen, and loosen them up to better perform.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing...All this All together now shit is just that if they don't do something this year. They simply don't want to win bad enough to maybe let the team go down the drain without trying to help. They have what it takes to win it all but you have to BELIEVE in them to get it done. I am all in on these Band of brothers but a little help would be appreciated . Be pro active and kick some ass.

And to further continue the analogy, you are on tilt and need to walk away from the table. Go play some nickel slots till you cool off. Better yet, take a walk and enjoy God's beautiful creation. Don't make an idol out of the SF Giants. Your whining has ZERO impact on whether they win or lose.

Don't let your happiness be defined by something on which you have ZERO impact and over which you have ZERO control.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to further continue the analogy, you are on tilt and need to walk away from the table. Go play some nickel slots till you cool off. Better yet, take a walk and enjoy God's beautiful creation. Don't make an idol out of the SF Giants. Your whining has ZERO impact on whether they win or lose.

Don't let your happiness be defined by something on which you have ZERO impact and over which you have ZERO control.

Tilt my ass ! I always will go for it especially when it's a two horse race 1 1/2 out with less than 80 games to go. No ballz no glory. I'm just getting warmed up and these cards look good to me. All in.

PS. It's you that needs to take a hike.

:suds::clap:

Go Giants !!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod:

They just drew a face card to their 13...they've busted.

Time to start selling off the guys who won't be here in 2016...Panda, Scoots, Hector, Pagan, Timmy, Huddy, Tron, Romo.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubbies got a huge haul, and now have the 2 best SS prospects in the game. They also happen to have a young SS locked in at the ML level right now. I wonder if he could play 2B.....

I like Starlin Castro, and I think he has room to grow as a player. He's not the most patient hitter, and he hasn't showed as much power as scouts expected, and he's not a great defender at SS. But he still keeps his average up, is showing more power this year and is still very young (just turned 24). His contract is big, but it's back-loaded. Also, if the Giants ate a lot of it, they wouldn't have to give up much in terms of prospects.

I think a move off SS would be good for him, but it's probably unlikely. And the move itself is unlikely from a Giants perspective. But it could be something to follow. The Cubs may wait until the offseason anyway to trade Castro.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in Vegas I learned how to play no-limit poker. The first time you sit down at that game it's a nervous feeling . I sat with some big time dudes that had tons of experience over me. I made a few mistakes early on but made my adjustments and went head to head with them. They thought they could muscle me out of pots because they had big money.

There was this dude that was mega rich and had played with Doyle Brunson and some other big timers . This guy would throw out some big bets to go . I would sit and wait ...sit and wait...for my hand to come. When it did I would just go right over the top of him and he would always bang me back and raise the hell out of me. I would kick his ass up and down most every night he was there. One night he got so frustrated he fucking let me have it and yelled like a madman that I only played good hands against him. He was pissed and I knew I had to make a move.

The next hand he threw a huge bet out to go and everyone else folded and I came right over the top on his ass. He fucking threw his cards at me and cussed my ass out big time. He said "I know you got it you tight ass" . I took the pot down and threw my 8-5 right back at him. I will never forget the look on his face as long as I live. No one from then on out knew what the fuck I had. I killed two birds with one stone.

You gotta have ballz to sit at the big table and I sat and I conquered. Sometimes a 8-5 hand can be pretty good.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap: