• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As bad as we want to think the OL has been

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have only given up 1 sack in the last 4 games.

That's pretty damn impressive actually.

So we can keep makin excuses for the pathetic O or we can look at some of the other things...ahhhh fuckit, It's the OL...:lol:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't run block to save their lives, if we cant run, we become stagnant and one dimensional. Teams arent even stacking the box, their front 7 is getting enough penetration to keep McCoy in check. Foles is a solid qb when he can exploit the mismatches, but if teams dont have to stack the box its much harder to the matchups Chip wants. Simple.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we can keep makin excuses for the pathetic O or we can look at some of the other things...ahhhh fuckit, It's the OL...:lol:

Sacks alone don't tell the story do they. How many hits did he take?

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, Foles was lookin like cold cabbage in the OTA's.

Maybe he's pressing too much, he's still a young qb.

Not having djax there to track down his more errant downfield throws is an issue. Having said that, he still has time to develop as a QB.

Say what you will about jackson not being here, our struggling run game is our biggest issue. Maclin (despite getting the wind knocked out of himself, every week) has been pretty productive.

Maybe Chip is just buying time with Foles. I suppose we'll find out in the off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL has been decent pass blocking...which is one of the reasons I put a lot of blame on Foles. Run blocking has been horrific on 1st & 2nd down. Got better vs the Rams.

But..they have an excuse. Foles doesnt. Unless he injured himself on his wedding night. He has looked like crap even before the season started & everyone went down.

Dude seems to be lacking confidence. Not a good thing for a QB. Maybe he is putting too much pressure on himself because he sees the run game isnt doing much & Chip sent Jackson packing. Who the hell knows but he better get it together. We need our O to SCORE.

I still say to this day that Chip got rid of Jackson mainly because he wasnt on board with Foles as the QB...and Im sure Foles knows that as well & probably the whole team knows. Big time pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cowboys Oline then ours. You'll see the problem.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might be playing hurt - he did get smacked around pretty good against Washington. They must get the running game back on track, regardless of what state the line is in. That will make Foles better too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I have seen the O-Line has been bad. Stats such as number of sacks allowed do not tell the story of their actual performance. The pass blocking has been below average and that is being generous. Teams are rushing only 4 and they are getting a lot of pressure up the middle. That is part of Foles problem. He is a pocket QB and is comfortable when he can step up on the pocket and fire way. He is not stepping up any more. You can tell he does not trust his interior line.

Run blocking....don't make me laugh....the suck and that is being generous too.

The O-Line woes are mostly due to injury. It hard to expect a good performance when your whole line is full of backups. Once the line gets healthy things will be different with the offense.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to Football Outsiders and OL Production

33% of the Eagles' running plays have been stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage. Next closest was Denver at 26%. The difference between the #18 team (NE) and Denver at #31 is the same as Denver to Philly. The OL play has been awful this year so far. The fact they haven't given up sacks just means Foles is getting rid of the ball (albeit inaccurately).

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly asked about judging QBs on wins: "I think wins and losses are a fair metric for anyone who plays. I'd evaluate anyone that way."

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There have been enough All-22's out there for the past week or so, which show that in the run game as well as the screen game, the O-line is a major problem, mostly in not executing in the first place, or not long enough. That Foles' mid-range and deep passing has been absolutely atrocious has not helped matters at all, as it so far has permitted defenses to stack the box, ignore Foles in the running game, and generally jump on the screen game.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Foles struggle in preseason and in Game 1 before all the OL injuries. There were even reports of him struggling a bit in OTA's as well if memory serves. Something has been off with him this year, and it's not because of line issues.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been enough All-22's out there for the past week or so, which show that in the run game as well as the screen game, the O-line is a major problem, mostly in not executing in the first place, or not long enough. That Foles' mid-range and deep passing has been absolutely atrocious has not helped matters at all, as it so far has permitted defenses to stack the box, ignore Foles in the running game, and generally jump on the screen game.

YES YES YES YES YES :10:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Foles struggle in preseason and in Game 1 before all the OL injuries. There were even reports of him struggling a bit in OTA's as well if memory serves. Something has been off with him this year, and it's not because of line issues.

You will not hear me say that Foles is not a serious part of the problem (indeed, I hinted at that in my post in this thread). Hell, I got blasted for grading Foles too low after the Jacksonville game (think I gave him a D+ or C-).

Something does indeed seem off with him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something does indeed seem off with him.

It''s happy feet. He is jumpy back there and I attribute that to the O-Line.

Foles is a good pocket QB with the potential to be great. Last year one of the things I noticed he did a lot of was trust his pocket and step up in it a lot. He would let it form around him and use it. That is something he is not doing this year because there is a lot of pressure coming up from the middle. You beat a QB by taking away his strengths and that is one of Foles. Right now he is afraid to step up because my guess is that he expects to get hit as soon as he does.

Nova Cat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a blessing that 4 out of our last 5 games are divisional games. OLine could be at full strength by then....