• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article: Luck is NFL's most untradeable player

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that arguement. The Colts have a much better supporting cast than people give them credit for.

The worst to first was based on the team tanking to get Luck to begin with. They were very good the year before that..

Wait so your saying the Colts "tanked a whole season" to get Luck:wtf2:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so your saying the Colts "tanked a whole season" to get Luck:wtf2:

I would say that after a few losses ,they did tank the season to get Luck. Luck did pretty good against Seattle and SF the no#1 and arguably no#2 team

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that after a few losses ,they did tank the season to get Luck. Luck did pretty good against Seattle and SF the no#1 and arguably no#2 team

How did they convince these people to tank their season, and in many cases their careers?

How did they make this happen?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they convince these people to tank their season, and in many cases their careers?

How did they make this happen?

Owner tells the coach to keep games close, let some guys make some big plays. I dont follow the Colts and dont know who lost their jobs, but Im sure only a few players and coaches were in on it. Then you have Curtis Painter as your QB, He made Tebow look like Joe Montana. All his passes were 5 feet short and reciever caught it on a bounce or two

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner tells the coach to keep games close, let some guys make some big plays. I dont follow the Colts and dont know who lost their jobs, but Im sure only a few players and coaches were in on it. Then you have Curtis Painter as your QB, He made Tebow look like Joe Montana. All his passes were 5 feet short and reciever caught it on a bounce or two

If you keep games close, there is a risk of winning them. One fumble return late in the game could be the difference between finishing 2-14 and finishing 3-13 and missing out on the pick. It's tougher to tank a season than it is to win a championship.

70% of the roster, the entire FO and the entire coaching staff was gone the next year. I cant imagine many of these guys are really interested in tanking for a team then losing their jobs and being forced to pick up their families and find new homes and jobs.

Painter was the backup for 2 years before 2011, did they have this plan since then? What about Orlovsky and Collins, what if they would have been a little better than Painter and accidentally won them a game?

I'm sorry man, it's a ridiculous concept. You cant take the competitive nature out of football, maybe for a game or two, but not for 16 games. There are too many moving pieces. I'm 100% positive that Irsay wanted Luck, but there was no concerted effort to get it done, they just were not prepared for life after Peyton.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on man your really believe that a professional team plus its owner said "lets tank a season".....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation is easily explained. Peyton had so much control over that team, that without him, they didn't know what to do. They all looked lost, like they didn't know what or who they were playing for. Peyton runs what he wants to run. They got used to it. When he wasn't there, it was time to adjust, and they couldn't do it because they couldn't do what they could with Peyton. They fit into his system, but without the system in place, they fell flat on their face.

Its kind of selfish on Peyton's part to take so much control over a team, but I understand. He knows more about the game than any QB probably. He's the ultimate student of the game. But the other QBs should've studied the offense and been ready to play. Obviously they can never do what Peyton does, but they could at least emulate it so everyone would be still somewhat comfortable in the offense. They had to change because they didn't know what they were doing. They were deer in the headlights. There was no tanking. Just clueless players who couldn't adjust.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you keep games close, there is a risk of winning them. One fumble return late in the game could be the difference between finishing 2-14 and finishing 3-13 and missing out on the pick. It's tougher to tank a season than it is to win a championship.

70% of the roster, the entire FO and the entire coaching staff was gone the next year. I cant imagine many of these guys are really interested in tanking for a team then losing their jobs and being forced to pick up their families and find new homes and jobs.

Painter was the backup for 2 years before 2011, did they have this plan since then? What about Orlovsky and Collins, what if they would have been a little better than Painter and accidentally won them a game?

I'm sorry man, it's a ridiculous concept. You cant take the competitive nature out of football, maybe for a game or two, but not for 16 games. There are too many moving pieces. I'm 100% positive that Irsay wanted Luck, but there was no concerted effort to get it done, they just were not prepared for life after Peyton.

I didnt say 16 games. They were competitive first 4 or 5 games even with Painter as QB then starting tanking games after 6 -8 games or so. That team still had some talent so dont buy into that life after manning BS. They do the same in NBA when team isnt making playoffs. They want to be guarenteed a lottery pick

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man your really believe that a professional team plus its owner said "lets tank a season".....

yeah I do they won 1 SB as an organization, You watch this kid Luck at Stanford and think he might be the next Peyton, so why not. The tickets are already sold out and your gonna miss the playoffs anyways. And I know that some games are fixed or coaches bet on the game. I remember Miami was favored by 10 points. Their up 8 with 30 seconds left, have the ball on the opposing 30 yard line and the other team has no TO. Knee it right? No Jimmy Johnson calls a time out on 3rd down and try a long fg, The guy misses but if he made it, they would have covered the spread