• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arod loco?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am disgusted with this abusive process, designed to ensure that the player fails," Rodriguez said in the statement. "I have sat through 10 days of testimony by felons and liars, sitting quietly through every minute, trying to respect the league and the process. This morning, after Bud Selig refused to come in and testify about his rationale for the unprecedented and totally baseless punishment he hit me with, the arbitrator selected by MLB and the Players Association refused to order Selig to come in and face me.

"The absurdity and injustice just became too much. I walked out and will not participate any further in this farce."

So... He's just going to accept his penalty?

Didn't he file the grievance?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez stormed out of his own grievance hearing Wednesday after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz ruled that baseball commissioner Bud Selig did not have to testify before the embattled slugger's attorneys.

Don't they mean "galloped"?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... He's just going to accept his penalty?

Didn't he file the grievance?

Why should he agree?

A first time failed test means 50 games. It's absurd that they're trying to suspend him for 211 games on a first time violation.

Hilarious that Selig didn't have to testify even though he's the one who suspended him

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he agree?

A first time failed test means 50 games. It's absurd that they're trying to suspend him for 211 games on a first time violation.

Hilarious that Selig didn't have to testify even though he's the one who suspended him

While I agree that "technically" this is his first offense under the rules, BUT everyone and their mother knows he has used multiple times. Hell he's even admitted it. All this is doing is creating an even bigger stain on his career. This is the new Roger Clemens or Barry Bonds taking over the media. Take the 211 games and be done with it. Everyone is tired of hearing about it, especially New York.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spanks were still required to pony-up his salary, only direct it towards a retired-player fund, or something similar, the witch-hunt against A-Rod would not be half as severe.

The Spanks knew exactly what he was doing when they signed him, so allowing them to get out of his contract scot-free is a farce.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And technically, under the rules it's 50 games. It does not matter if he admitted back with the Rangers that he used. MLB and the players association have a contractual agreement what a first time violation penalty is.

He agreed earlier in this year that he would quit baseball as long as he would get paid the remaining 100mil on his "guaranteed" contract.

I say there's no chance he ends up accepting the 211 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a pretty solid legal standing for his grievance. I don't care if he broke the rules or not, he should only be obligated to the suspension dictated by the CBA. And he should have the right to question his accuser in the arbitration court, as well, so I very much understand his position.

Wendy Thurm had a pretty good writeup on Fangraphs, by the way.

A-Rod Storms Out Of Arbitration, But Relief In Court Unlikely | FanGraphs Baseball

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really sympathize with A-Rod.

The Yanks should just give him all his money so he can retire and begin his career of boring the world by appearing on reality shows (Dancing with the Stars!!!) and getting his named mentioned on every edition of TMZ. The faster he gets done with baseball and begins his celebrity career.....the quicker we can see him, 5-6 years from now, on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab. Out of the way Danny Bonaduce and Gary Bussey.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In the entire history of the Joint Drug Agreement, the Commissioner has not testified in a single case," MLB said in a second statement. "Major League Baseball has the burden of proof in this matter. MLB selected Rob Manfred as its witness to explain the penalty imposed in this case. Mr. Rodriguez and the Players Association have no right to dictate how Baseball's case is to proceed any more than Baseball has the right to dictate how their case proceeds. Today's antics are an obvious attempt to justify Mr. Rodriguez's continuing refusal to testify under oath."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This affects my children's future and livelihood" (something like that)... Well A-rod... How about you don't waste all your money on fighting this losing battle and save some money for your children? Why is it that everyone else excepted their punishment and moved on and guess what they are pretty much already forgiven.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell he's even admitted it.

Not in 2007 to Katie Couric when he infatically denied using, ever feeling the pressure to use or even think about using.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And technically, under the rules it's 50 games. It does not matter if he admitted back with the Rangers that he used. MLB and the players association have a contractual agreement what a first time violation penalty is.

They are also 'charging' him with obstruction...

If he would stop acting like an idiot, I suspect they will reduce his suspension to 162 days.

Side note:
I do agree that MLB is making him the poster boy for steroids (and the fairness of that may be discussed), but his antics are playing into their hand....

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In the entire history of the Joint Drug Agreement, the Commissioner has not testified in a single case," MLB said in a second statement. "Major League Baseball has the burden of proof in this matter. MLB selected Rob Manfred as its witness to explain the penalty imposed in this case. Mr. Rodriguez and the Players Association have no right to dictate how Baseball's case is to proceed any more than Baseball has the right to dictate how their case proceeds. Today's antics are an obvious attempt to justify Mr. Rodriguez's continuing refusal to testify under oath."

This is also an unprecedented suspension, and according to Arod, Manfred testified that he was instructed to give Arod a 211 game suspension.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Selig has never had to testify at any hearings so why should he? If Selig testifys for Arods then he would have to testify every time there is a hearing.

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he agree?

This is why... Read... Learn:

Rodriguez's discipline under the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program is based on his use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including Testosterone and human Growth Hormone, over the course of multiple years. Rodriguez's discipline under the Basic Agreement is for attempting to cover-up his violations of the Program by engaging in a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner's investigation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why... Read... Learn:

Rodriguez's discipline under the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program is based on his use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including Testosterone and human Growth Hormone, over the course of multiple years. Rodriguez's discipline under the Basic Agreement is for attempting to cover-up his violations of the Program by engaging in a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner's investigation.

Than why didn't Melky get more than 50 games when he created the website?

Because Bud does not have a hard on for Melky, that's why. (And the Spanks were not on the line for potentially saving 35M as a result.)

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than why didn't Melky get more than 50 games when he created the website?

Because Bud does not have a hard on for Melky, that's why. (And the Spanks were not on the line for potentially saving 35M as a result.)

A Rod has a lot more dirt on his hands than Melky Carbrera. Heck, A Rod was probably the one who INTRODUCED Melky to PED's when they were on the Yankees.

A Rod was on course to re write the MLB record books, he had to be stopped. And don't forget Barry Bonds never played again after his contract ended and he was playing better than A Rod had ever played. Barry could have made the case that he was being blacklisted and Selig was responsible, then he could have sued.

But unlike A Rod, Barry Bond has class

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also 'charging' him with obstruction...

If he would stop acting like an idiot, I suspect they will reduce his suspension to 162 days.

Side note:
I do agree that MLB is making him the poster boy for steroids (and the fairness of that may be discussed), but his antics are playing into their hand....

I thought Barry Bonds already holds the title of poster boy for steroids? What's going on here?