• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams 01/01/2017, 4:30PM; FOX

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter mentioned the Rams are interested in Doug Marrone. Hopefully, that's just an interview to do the proverbial due diligence head coaching search. It should be Sean Payton or bust imo.

His he bringing his HOF QB with him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this team goes, I cant see any kind of quick turn around any time soon! :mad2: With no draft picks and an ownership that just doesn't give a dam, we will always be below average at best. What coach/player in there right mind would want to come here?? After 48 years of rooting for this team, I'm actually thinking of jumping on the Eagle band wagon as of late..... Pretty sad! :L

Ya know, Zeke, another couple of seasons and you will officially be eligible for the 50+ club here on the Rams Board. Presently there are 8 of us but several members have totally disappeared. Hang in there and if we are both around, I'll get a hold of you to begin the induction process.:thumb:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this coming when they announced the trade up to #1 with the Titans. What kind of coach/gm goes into the offseason knowing that your offense is 31st in the league(in every category),does absolutely nothing to it, then gives up the farm for a rookie qb? I am no brain surgeon by any means, but you would think that they would have made some sort of improvements by adding a wide out or a guard or center. This team just does not understand what it takes to develop an offense! Now, this offseason, we are in worse shape that we have been in years! :L

You can't really say they did nothing to improve the offense though. The last two drafts were nearly all offense, with the 2015 draft including 3 OL and a QB, and the 2016 draft including a #1 overall QB, a TE, and 2 WR. Unfortunately, the picks weren't all prime early picks, and they don't appear to have hit on all of them. Luring free agents to a team that was a lame duck in STL (2015) and moving (2016) is also a tough task, especially with some expensive decisions to make on defense using up a lot of your cap space.

GRab is done at LT. Move him inside or cut him loose. Rams can either try an in-house fix at LT (which doesn't inspire much confidence) or draft/sign a replacement. They could try Reiff or Kalil as free agents perhaps. Center is another problem spot, but I have to admit I don't know much about the FA to be at center. I think RT and the guard positions should be fine with the players on hand, however they shuffle up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter mentioned the Rams are interested in Doug Marrone. Hopefully, that's just an interview to do the proverbial due diligence head coaching search. It should be Sean Payton or bust imo.

Well, Marrone was an o-line coach, so there's that. I wouldn't hire him as a head coach (he flaked out on Buffalo).

While Payton is interesting, can the Rams really afford to give up more draft picks? If the Saints will take a 2018 2nd for him, sure. If it requires this year's 2nd? Tough to give that up with this team needing so much help. 3 of the last 4 Payton-coached Saints seasons have ended 7-9, and that's WITH Drew Brees. I'm not as sold on him as you are. Plus, if Payton is the guy, you now have to find a new DC (which I am fine with, I think Williams' defense takes too many chances).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton is old news. The Rams need a fresh new face and one that encourages and develops young talent with creative ideas that reflect today's game on both sides of the ball. Marrone is not the answer. Toub and Shanahan are better for those two goals.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sold on Shanahan as "the" target either personally. Sure, Atlanta's offense is strong, but they were already top 10 in yards per game before he got there.

Going to be an interesting search.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are six head coach job openings right now. I would think Denver will be hot after Shanahan

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really say they did nothing to improve the offense though. The last two drafts were nearly all offense, with the 2015 draft including 3 OL and a QB, and the 2016 draft including a #1 overall QB, a TE, and 2 WR. Unfortunately, the picks weren't all prime early picks, and they don't appear to have hit on all of them. Luring free agents to a team that was a lame duck in STL (2015) and moving (2016) is also a tough task, especially with some expensive decisions to make on defense using up a lot of your cap space.

GRab is done at LT. Move him inside or cut him loose. Rams can either try an in-house fix at LT (which doesn't inspire much confidence) or draft/sign a replacement. They could try Reiff or Kalil as free agents perhaps. Center is another problem spot, but I have to admit I don't know much about the FA to be at center. I think RT and the guard positions should be fine with the players on hand, however they shuffle up.

The 2015 draft didn't amount to anything! The 3 o-lineman have no clue on how to pass protect or even run block! If I remember correctly, they were all suppose to be good run blockers. The qb that you mentioned sat the bench the entire year! By knowing this at the end of the 2015 season, why would we trade so many picks for a 21 year old kid when we have so many other needs? We already had 3 serviceable qbs at the time!

Last years draft 2016, because of the trade, we only received a 1st, 2-4th's and 3-6ths! Those offensive selections that you mentioned are basically garbage picks! (Higbee, Cooper,Thomas and Hemmingway) They were all desperation picks! So yah... IMO... we did NOTHING!! None of these players even played half of the season!

This team needs veteran leadership! The last 3 years we did nothing as far as free agency. We continued to rely heavily on the draft and finding out that > 50% of these picks are complete garbage! We continue to allow decent players to leave for free agency and give huge contracts to knuckleheads that have never accomplished anything! Now we are stuck with an offense that has no veterans, a great rb and a very expensive rookie qb that has no protection/targets!

Well Shoppy ole boy, I guess were kind of lucky that Goff actually walked off the field at the end of the game yesterday! Don't you agree?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are six head coach job openings right now. I would think Denver will be hot after Shanahan

You are right, and we will be the 6th choice for anyone looking!

I say we pull a weekend at Bernies, dig Lombardi up, prop him up on the sidelines and get Martz as our OC?
Ok so that probably won't work we don't have the players we had before with Martz

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, and we will be the 6th choice for anyone looking!

I say we pull a weekend at Bernies, dig Lombardi up, prop him up on the sidelines and get Martz as our OC?
Ok so that probably won't work we don't have the players we had before with Martz

SF keeps the Rams from being 6th easily.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2015 draft didn't amount to anything! The 3 o-lineman have no clue on how to pass protect or even run block! If I remember correctly, they were all suppose to be good run blockers. The qb that you mentioned sat the bench the entire year! By knowing this at the end of the 2015 season, why would we trade so many picks for a 21 year old kid when we have so many other needs? We already had 3 serviceable qbs at the time!

Last years draft 2016, because of the trade, we only received a 1st, 2-4th's and 3-6ths! Those offensive selections that you mentioned are basically garbage picks! (Higbee, Cooper,Thomas and Hemmingway) They were all desperation picks! So yah... IMO... we did NOTHING!! None of these players even played half of the season!

This team needs veteran leadership! The last 3 years we did nothing as far as free agency. We continued to rely heavily on the draft and finding out that > 50% of these picks are complete garbage! We continue to allow decent players to leave for free agency and give huge contracts to knuckleheads that have never accomplished anything! Now we are stuck with an offense that has no veterans, a great rb and a very expensive rookie qb that has no protection/targets!

Well Shoppy ole boy, I guess were kind of lucky that Goff actually walked off the field at the end of the game yesterday! Don't you agree?

It's another case of anyone the Rams draft playing worse the longer they play under Fisher. Is there any player (maybe Donald?) that has been able to overpower Fisher's negative powers? All of those OL draftees played at least decently at one point in their rookie seasons. All have played worse this year. Gurley has played worse this year. Mannion couldn't play worse because he doesn't play. New coaching has never been more necessary.

I did see a report that the Rams told all the assistant coaches (including Fassel) that they were free to pursue other jobs.

Rams assistant coaches told that they can seek employment elsewhere

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry fellas.. And ladies. This year was a pretty big disappointment.

The Rams have a long way to go to right this ship. Hopefully we can get a Oline together and Goff develops with some WRs as well.

Back to HOPE

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Mannion got in the game. Did Goff get hurt or did they just try Mannion? Didn't seem like he did any better.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, Zeke, another couple of seasons and you will officially be eligible for the 50+ club here on the Rams Board. Presently there are 8 of us but several members have totally disappeared. Hang in there and if we are both around, I'll get a hold of you to begin the induction process.:thumb:

Thanks Retro!
At this point, I'm not quite sure if admitting that I've been a fan for that long is a smart thing or just a plain embarrassment! :behindsofa:

Like yourself, I've always loved my RAMs, but after this season or worse yet after the last 10 years we fans have had very little to get excited about. Very poor coaching/management decisions and relocating have really put this organization in the crapper. I actually thought that moving back to LA would be good for the team! Boy was I wrong. Our owner doesn't give a hoot about his team.

As is sits now, we really have nothing good to look forward to for next year. I can see it now, when free agency begins, we wont be aggressive and go after any big names! Come draft time all we can do is wait and see who Tennessee will use with our pick and when we finally do pick, it will probably be a defensive lineman or someone that we don't need! This team will be lucky to win 4 games total next year! :L

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry fellas.. And ladies. This year was a pretty big disappointment.

The Rams have a long way to go to right this ship. Hopefully we can get a Oline together and Goff develops with some WRs as well.

Back to HOPE

are you referring to COOGIE?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Retro!
At this point, I'm not quite sure if admitting that I've been a fan for that long is a smart thing or just a plain embarrassment! :behindsofa:

Like yourself, I've always loved my RAMs, but after this season or worse yet after the last 10 years we fans have had very little to get excited about. Very poor coaching/management decisions and relocating have really put this organization in the crapper. I actually thought that moving back to LA would be good for the team! Boy was I wrong. Our owner doesn't give a hoot about his team.

As is sits now, we really have nothing good to look forward to for next year. I can see it now, when free agency begins, we wont be aggressive and go after any big names! Come draft time all we can do is wait and see who Tennessee will use with our pick and when we finally do pick, it will probably be a defensive lineman or someone that we don't need! This team will be lucky to win 4 games total next year! :L

We need to get a good 25-27 year old Olineman in FA and either a good WR or Olineman in the 2nd round.

So sad every year to be looking forward to the draft only this year we have no 1st or 3rd round picks. :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Shops, they did us TWICE:)

Still generally looked at as the weakest roster out of the available jobs though. Tells you something about the coaching in LA (and level of recent effort).