• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian Foster-ing Drama

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATED: Arian Foster Baby Momma Alleges He Is Pressuring Her To Abort Pregnancy

UPDATED: Arian Foster has responded to Brittany Norwood's allegations with legal documents of his own. According to TMZ, Arian Foster believes the woman carrying his child is trying to use the fetus to launch a reality television show and calls her a "shameless fame whore." Norwood has chosen to go with the gentler label of "blondashian:"

"In his legal docs, Foster claims Brittany has 'already indicated in social media postings announcing that she will participate in a reality show revolving around her pregnancy and thereby draw additional media attention.'

Foster included a recent screen grab from what he believes to be Brittany's Twitter page in which she wrote, 'Shooting interviews for the last casting reel for my family's reality show #blondashians.'"

Foster is begging the judge to shut down Norwood before the whole thing becomes a media carnival. The judge has not granted Foster's request, and if preventing media carnival is the goal, I'd say it's probably too little, too late.

ORIGINAL POST:
They say to never leave a movie until the credits are done rolling, because nowadays, you might actually miss a bonus scene.

In the sad, sports-tragic movie that was Playmakers: Texans 2013, we all assumed that when Matt Schaub threw that final interception of the season (which, along with the interception he threw on the first play of the season, were the bread to the biggest crap sandwich of a season in team history) that the movie was over, so we grabbed our coats to go home.

With Bill O'Brien getting hired in the background, we let the credits on 2013 roll. We thought the movie was over, but this is why you never leave the movie. Because with the Texans, it feels like it never ends.

Arian Foster, come on down.

Amidst the rubble of the Ed Reed release, Schaub's pick six barrage, Gary Kubiak's stroke-like episode, Andre Johnson's walking off the field against Oakland, the three rookie cigar party, and DeAndre Hopkins' Instagram account (and I'm almost certain I'm leaving like ten other things out here), Arian Foster had managed to steer clear of much of the sensational drama that seemed to bury the rest of the team.

All things considered, the disappointment that enveloped Foster's season was garden variety football stuff -- a dip in production and a few injuries that eventually culminated in back surgery about halfway through the season.

However, it appears Foster managed to keep busy during his down time.

According to a report on TMZ and lawsuit filed in Texas, Foster tried to strong arm a University of Houston senior by the name of Brittany Norwood, 20, into aborting a pregnancy that resulted from an ongoing relationship the two have had throughout the fall.

According to an interview with KHOU, Norwood claims she had no idea Foster was married when they first had sex back in last summer. However, Foster is married with two children, a young daughter and an infant son.

Norwood said they also spent a week together in California in November while Foster was recovering from back surgery. Norwood sold photos of them together in California to TMZ. "I truly fell in love with this person," Norwood said.

Norwood said everything changed when she told Foster she was pregnant and wanted to keep the baby.

The lawsuit calls for a temporary restraining order against Foster, who Norwood's attorney claims has engaged in a pattern of outrageous conduct that has caused his client to suffer "severe emotional distress." Exactly what kind of conduct? Norwood detailed for KHOU:

"He's like, 'You can't have this, you can't have this kid, like, we cannot bring a child into this, like, think about my kids,'" Norwood said.

She said Foster began sending text messages urging her to end the pregnancy.

"You just can't bring a life into this world under these circumstances. It's not fair to anyone. It's not just about you," read one message, according to Norwood.

She said Foster's brother, Abdul, also sent messages. "He's like, 'You know, if you loved Arian at all you would have an abortion because this child is going to ruin everything,'" Norwood said. "'Like, our whole family will never accept this child."

The baby, a boy, is due in June, and Norwood claims Foster has not helped with the medical bills. "I'm 20, I'm scared, I'm another single mom," she said through tears. (The entire segment from the KHOU newscast Monday night is at the bottom of this post.)

Foster's attorney, Alvin Zimmerman, said this is a matter pending in court and he's not ready to comment. A hearing on the restraining order is set for Wednesday morning.

Where a married man impregnating a women out of wedlock falls on the morality scale is for each of you to decide. That's not what this post is about. Where allegedly harassing and pressuring someone into having an abortion falls on the legality scale will be up to the law, if it ever makes it that far. That is another post for another time.

As for the football side of things, Arian Foster's future with the Texans was already cloudy before this incident. Coming off of back surgery in 2013 and three seasons prior to that where he was racking ungodly carry numbers, conventional wisdom says it's far more likely he is about to hit his "after age 28 downturn" than all of a sudden become rejuvenated in 2014. It's just how it goes for most volume carry running backs.

So with a potential cap figure of $8.5 million if Foster plays in 2014, and a cap hit of $7.5 million if the Texans cut him (or trade him, although that is unlikely, given what would be a tepid market, at best), it would actually be a cap savings of $1 million to let him go. (Of course, they'd need to find a body to replace him, so the savings would really be $1 million minus whatever the cap figure is for whatever rookie or slappy veteran replaces him.)

And then there's the recovery from the back injury, and nobody will know just how healed Foster is until a doctor sees him, the team reports it, and he gets back out onto the field. (And even then, Ed Reed has shown us, do you ever really know?)

The point is there were going to be decisions to be made with respect to Arian Foster even if he had been a faithful husband who stayed home every night.

And now this.

The question will always be, for any player, "Are you worth it?" Considering the Texans precarious depth chart at running back and the likely departure of Ben Tate, if Foster is healthy and can go, my guess is he weathers this storm as a Houston Texan. However, his popularity, which was already wavering among some fans who have sensed a change in hi demeanor since he signed his contract before the 2012 season, will undoubtedly take a hit.

Tough times for a running back who, in a Yahoo! article he penned back in September wrote:
"A sore subject for any man with a daughter. I will teach her that she is a young goddess. Help her understand her worth. Let her know that she must hold every man accountable for who they are and how they act towards her. There will be a day when I give her away, and they say that a woman spends her life looking for her father in her groom, so until that day I will try to be the example of a man that she eventually will seek out. Men tend to be motivated by one thing. Don't fall victim to a prince charming. If he cares for her, he'll act accordingly. If not (aims shotgun), well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be."

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hypocritical shitbag