• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we REALLY rolling with

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eli Whiteside as our part-time C? I mean c'mon now. The Giants can't find anyone better? He's not good enough to be catching 70 games per season and I don't want Stewart out there either. *

* Sorry. Had to.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Eli actually signed? I saw he was close to signing a ML deal, but had not heard anything official...

With the $$ constraints and the available options, I think going to camp with Eli, Stewy and Chez3 (Chez2 now?) battling it out is not a horrible option. Add to that Panda acting as the emergency option, and we could be in a worse situation.

Having 3 of our top 10 prospects (2- ToJo; 6- Susac; 10- Chez3 according to BA/Baggs) being catchers leaves us in a decent position and more able to place Hector on the active roster as a BU.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants | Eli Whiteside recovering from elbow surgery

Wed, 07 Dec 2011 22:51:10 -0800

San Francisco Giants C Eli Whiteside (elbow) recently had surgery on his right elbow, and he is doing well. The ailment affected his throwing all season. The team is likely to non-tender Whiteside.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: The Mercury News - Andrew Baggarly

Read more: KFFL - San Francisco Giants News and Notes

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not a huge Whiteside fan, but I do believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sabes must see something here worth throwing money at.

When he was healthy, I thought he was a decent backup catcher. IIRC correctly, he caught Chez's no-no, and got props from the pitchers for his game-calling.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Eli actually signed? I saw he was close to signing a ML deal, but had not heard anything official...

With the $$ constraints and the available options, I think going to camp with Eli, Stewy and Chez3 (Chez2 now?) battling it out is not a horrible option. Add to that Panda acting as the emergency option, and we could be in a worse situation.

Having 3 of our top 10 prospects (2- ToJo; 6- Susac; 10- Chez3 according to BA/Baggs) being catchers leaves us in a decent position and more able to place Hector on the active roster as a BU.

I think I've heard of that guy....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we saw what Eli and Stew could do for a large part of the season, which IMO wasn't much. I would love to see what Chez2 can do in a backup role as he is supposed to be the better hitter. If he can handle a staff and his defense is at least average, I would rather see him behind Posey in the depth dept.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we saw what Eli and Stew could do for a large part of the season, which IMO wasn't much. I would love to see what Chez2 can do in a backup role as he is supposed to be the better hitter. If he can handle a staff and his defense is at least average, I would rather see him behind Posey in the depth dept.

This is exactly what he's heading to Fresno to work on. I suspect he'll be up by the middle of the year unless Stewy suddenly figures out how to hit.