• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we looking at a 7-win season?

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this just in .........................................................

THE MIGHTY HUSKERS WILL WIN THE NATTY ON THE PLATTER THIS YEAR !!!!!!!

all of you that disagree will have a large amount of crickets invade yourn left ear at night for the full month of October

:lol:

GO BIG RED !!!!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only read OP so this is my circumstantial response: JJM calm the fuck down. We we're still more talented than we were in 2008, 2012, and 2013. Our schedules were harder in each of those seasons. Fact.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying this shouldn't be a disaster of a season. I don't see us doing anything special though.

It IS possible. We COULD be god awful. John Papuchis, Ross Els, and James Dobson will see to it that we pull our hair out every single saturday. And if our luck is bad, a 7 win season is not out of the realm of possibility.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every one of our road games could very easily be a loss. That's 5 losses there.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The were FCS

Oh that's right, they were a high school team then! LMAO!

You didn't specify that it had to be a division one team.

Last edited by a moderator:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to hoping for the Natty but expecting a 4 loss season :suds:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in 1994 we went an entire season without Tommie Frazier and Mike Minter. Basically an entire season anyways.

So maybe this is a sign.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only read OP so this is my circumstantial response: JJM calm the fuck down. We we're still more talented than we were in 2008, 2012, and 2013. Our schedules were harder in each of those seasons. Fact.

I was pretty calm in the OP.

I was just creating what I felt was a pretty reasonable and interesting discussion.

Ultimately I ended up saying in the very next post that I believe Taylor was a big reason why we did not improve on our regular season rankings, and this has the makings for an improving kind of season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just creating what I felt was a pretty reasonable and interesting discussion.

Ultimately I ended up saying in the very next post that I believe Taylor was a big reason why we did not improve on our regular season rankings, and this has the makings for an improving kind of season.

Yeah I backpedaled in my next post. It was a good OP sir.

This aint no 1994 god squad though. By the same token, the players we lost were no Frazier or Minter.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Here's the one thing I don't think people realize, TM had a pretty decent year (his junior year) and we still lost 4 games so I don't believe all the onus of losses falls on his shoulders entirely. IMO the biggest issue yet is an anemic OL. Because once the run is slowed down we're in deep doo-doo.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Here's the one thing I don't think people realize, TM had a pretty decent year (his junior year) and we still lost 4 games so I don't believe all the onus of losses falls on his shoulders entirely. IMO the biggest issue yet is an anemic OL. Because once the run is slowed down we're in deep doo-doo.

TM was very limited in throws he could make. Beck knew that and kept the pass play calling to within 10-15 yds and generally between the hash marks. JJM once posted some stats that showed TM's completion percentage leading the nation. Problem is they weren't the types of passes that spread the field and D-coordinators had those limitations figured out quickly. They were using Bo's very bend but don't break philosophy in that Nebraska's offense would eventually shoot itself in the foot on a drive. My butthole puckered up every time TM threw a 10 to 15 yd out pattern to the sideline, expecting a pick six. He struggled with that throw because it was an extra 17 yds added to the 10-15. TM had little concept of timing and could not execute screens or draws where there needs to be proper delay to let the play develop. TM's form prevented him from rolling left and throwing with any accuracy.

To sum it up, TM didn't have the QB brain for the game and couldn't make all the throws. He was a safety playing QB. Everybody else who offered him knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TM was very limited in throws he could make. Beck knew that and kept the pass play calling to within 10-15 yds and generally between the hash marks. JJM once posted some stats that showed TM's completion percentage leading the nation. Problem is they weren't the types of passes that spread the field and D-coordinators had those limitations figured out quickly. They were using Bo's very bend but don't break philosophy in that Nebraska's offense would eventually shoot itself in the foot on a drive. My butthole puckered up every time TM threw a 10 to 15 yd out pattern to the sideline, expecting a pick six. He struggled with that throw because it was an extra 17 yds added to the 10-15. TM had little concept of timing and could not execute screens or draws where there needs to be proper delay to let the play develop. TM's form prevented him from rolling left and throwing with any accuracy.

To sum it up, TM didn't have the QB brain for the game and couldn't make all the throws. He was a safety playing QB. Everybody else who offered him knew that.

that last paragraph say it all. we thought we had gold in 2010 and we didn't develop or hide his weakness very well. I think the staff put too much on shoulders and he simply wasn't that qb
but man he had speed and was athletic. I would like to see what Gus Malzahn or a Chad Morris would do with him .

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
I'm talking about 2012---look up the stats not all of his passing were those short outs as they only made up 42% of his completions---the rest he had reasonable movement on the rest of the field. I am NOT saying by any stretch of the imigaination that he was a great passer just that he could have done better with an OL that could protect his ass better.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but his salsa was ridiculous