• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we FINALLY to the point we can admit

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I won't say it....yet!

Smith has always been a solid QB. One change I've seen early in this season and a little last year, A Smith is more willing to challenge the DEF downfield more now.

Top 10? Truthfully if we counted them off, he probably his, but I think he much like Matt Ryan did...he needs some post season success.

If it continues to go south in JAX...do you start over in the draft? Don't you have to call KC?
You would have to think so. It would be unlikely to cost a 1st round pick and would instantly put you in contention, if not the favorite for, the AFC South next year. Makes too much sense for the Jags not to be a suitor.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Alex Smith is a really fucking good NFL QB?

Since joining KC he's 43-20 as a starter, 64% completion , 81 TDs to 28 INTs, 7.4 YPA, 24-4 in his last 28 starts .

Is it time? Finally. Come on you can do it. Say it with me

"Alex Smith is a top 10 QB"

I promise it won't hurt

What's his playoffs record?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true litmus test of this theory is if anyone's going to open the purse strings on a high-level multi-year deal.

He's signed through 2018 with his replacement waiting in the wings. Chiefs may move him in the offseason.

Good QB (world beater in the reg season against my Pats, unfortunately)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith seems to be off to a great start. I pretty much watched him play every game while he was in SF. He had a couple of great games but I would never have considered his play close to elite. He was a really good game manager. He did enough to win supported to by a top defense and running game. He played it very safe and rarely threw interceptions. But he also very risk averse and did not make the kind of downfield throws that elite QBs make. He didn't lose the team games and with a couple of exceptions he didn't win the team games either.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 or 6 are pretty easy. Who fills out your Top 10 if Smith isn't on the list?

Brady
Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Stafford
Wilson

then who?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith seems to be off to a great start. I pretty much watched him play every game while he was in SF. He had a couple of great games but I would never have considered his play close to elite. He was a really good game manager. He did enough to win supported to by a top defense and running game. He played it very safe and rarely threw interceptions. But he also very risk averse and did not make the kind of downfield throws that elite QBs make. He didn't lose the team games and with a couple of exceptions he didn't win the team games either.

He wasn't calling the plays then and he doesn't now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to think so. It would be unlikely to cost a 1st round pick and would instantly put you in contention, if not the favorite for, the AFC South next year. Makes too much sense for the Jags not to be a suitor.

Exactly.

He's Tom Coughlin's kind of QB...fewer mistakes than Eli or Bortles...the rest of the team is in place to immediately change the balance of power in the AFCS. Think about it...HOU, unless he pulls a Dak like performance the rest of the way, Watson is at least a year or two away from having any consistency. IND, Luck or no Luck the Colts seem to be spinning their wheels in mud. Of course the Titans, and Smith brings the Jags probably even.

Makes too much sense...agreed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like Matt Ryan and once upon Andy Dalton

Definitely never truly sucked

But legitimate questions remain about postseason play

Post season is always a question mark... I think he is a good/quality QB that's for sure... He so far has proven himself in the regular season

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt just the play calling. In SF he was risk averse. He wouldnt throw players open and would opt for the checkdown

I happen to like risk adverse. Dominate defense and no turnovers. I'll take that any time.