• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Patriots rightful Super Bowl champs?

Are the Patriots rightful Super Bowl champs?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Hell Naw

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but @HammerDown really really wants people to say the seahawks got cheated.

hes trying oh so hard!

No, that's now what I'm saying.

I'm saying the Patriots did NOT win that game, the Seahawks lost it but it's all irrelevant because the Patriots shouldn't have been there to start with.

What the Patriots have done, all things being what they are, is deserving of the NFL death penalty. Robert Kraft should be forced to sell.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy the people trying to defend another Patriots cheating incident. The Ravens and the Jets contacted the league office over the deflated balls. He cheated, he lied, he (tried) to cover up his lying and cheating. and then you have the sports media trying the "moral equivalency' line on the 4 game suspension the same as a player who assaulted his wife. when you are losing the battle and the media has very little left except to point others are worse, well, 4 games it is. And cheating is rewarded with another Super Bowl. How is that okay?

It's not okay, they did cheat and Brady clearly lied out his ass about it. But the question here was "Are they the rightful champs?", and like I said this is hard to answer. If the Pats had been caught cheating in the Super Bowl you bet your ass I'd be more pissed about this and more inclined to go with "no". In a game that close any little thing matters. But right now all we know is that they cheated in the Indy game, they won the game on Super Bowl Sunday on a level playing field, and there is some evidence that may suggest there were cheating all year. The championship is tainted in the minds of most but like I said if the Pats aren't the rightful champs then nobody really is.

If the NFL somehow determines that the championship should be taken away then you pretty much just have to void the championship for that season.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's now what I'm saying.

I'm saying the Patriots did NOT win that game, the Seahawks lost it but it's all irrelevant because the Patriots shouldn't have been there to start with.

What the Patriots have done, all things being what they are, is deserving of the NFL death penalty. Robert Kraft should be forced to sell.
lol

hammer

thats not what you meant

even your title says so

"rightful"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

hammer

thats not what you meant

even your title says so

"rightful"

Repeat: I'm saying the Patriots did NOT win that game, the Seahawks lost it but it's all irrelevant because the Patriots shouldn't have been there to start with.

Every team in the league and every non-Brady-apologist NFL fan was cheated. Every. Single. One.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making fun of the Pats and their shady BS is one thing, but they won that SB fair and square. It's a tainted trophy because they probably cheated to get to the SB to begin with, but once there no one is suggesting that game was rigged so how can you suggest any other team is the rightful champ? No doubt the Ravens might have been jobbed and have every reason to be pissed, but once that game passes and the next one starts there is nothing you can do about it.

Well, except make fun of their BS for the next full season. I'll volunteer to help that noble cause.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making fun of the Pats and their shady BS is one thing, but they won that SB fair and square. It's a tainted trophy because they probably cheated to get to the SB to begin with, but once there no one is suggesting that game was rigged so how can you suggest any other team is the rightful champ? No doubt the Ravens might have been jobbed and have every reason to be pissed, but once that game passes and the next one starts there is nothing you can do about it.

Well, except make fun of their BS for the next full season. I'll volunteer to help that noble cause.
i think hammer really misjudged this thread.

you're a pretty smart cat and you see what i see, that other see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think hammer really misjudged this thread.

you're a pretty smart cat and you see what i see, that others see Nancy.
fify. Forgot my new name it seems.