• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Patriots rightful Super Bowl champs?

Are the Patriots rightful Super Bowl champs?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Hell Naw

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the avy, Rock. Show's courage. You're taking this all so much better than some. I can tell a few are ready to melt the fuck down.

@NEhomer called me a "pussy baby" or something?! :scratch:

Actually, I did no such thing but fabricate your own truth, it's your M.O.

Hammer's wet dream...Pats go 4-0 to start and are 4-4 at the mid point!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I did no such thing but fabricate your own truth, it's your M.O.

Hammer's wet dream...Pats go 4-0 to start and are 4-4 at the mid point!

Oh, I want Brady back on the field ASAP with the eyes of the world all over him. BB dies a thousand deaths at the mere thought of it.

Yeah, you called something with pussy/ Pussy boy or something. Sounded really fruity and I could tell you were on the edge of another meltdown.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to the hate pussy you've been pounding non stop. Enjoy it bro :suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to give this a definitive yes or no answer. Basically it comes down to two questions.

1. Did they cheat in the Super Bowl?
2. Did they cheat in order to get to the Super Bowl?

I don't believe there was any funny business during the actual Super Bowl itself, the Patriots would have been stupid to try to pull anything off and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe it wasn't a fair game. I imagine most people would agree with me on this point.

The issue here is question number two. Knowing what we know now it sure seems like there was some shady shit going on during the AFC championship game. However, that game wasn't close......at all. The Pats probably run away with that one with Uncle Rico at QB.

Keeping all that in mind it really comes down to if they were doing this all season, or possibly longer than that. We've all seen the article showing the ridiculously low Patriots fumble rate as well as the response to that article which makes some corrections and shows that the fumble rate, while still best in the league, is not THAT ridiculous. Enough to raise questions, but not really proof of anything. Honestly we'll probably never know the truth here, but you've got to think the AFC championship game was not an isolated incident.

My conclusion:

At best they are the champs and at worst the championship is tainted. Saying they're not the rightful champs would imply that the Seahawks are the rightful champs, and that's just not true no matter how you look at it. They lost the championship game fair and square. This isn't like cycling where it makes sense to give the second place finisher the title if the first place guy gets caught using gopher testosterone or something. It's more complicated than that.

TL;DR version: Blah blah really wordy non-answer, #loveislove. Bush did 9/11. Bernie Sanders. The N word.
Yep totally agree. I've said all along give the teams an even playing field and let the best team win...but it's really hard to say that now.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep totally agree. I've said all along give the teams an even playing field and let the best team win...but it's really hard to say that now.

I just enjoy the people trying to defend another Patriots cheating incident. The Ravens and the Jets contacted the league office over the deflated balls. He cheated, he lied, he (tried) to cover up his lying and cheating. and then you have the sports media trying the "moral equivalency' line on the 4 game suspension the same as a player who assaulted his wife. when you are losing the battle and the media has very little left except to point others are worse, well, 4 games it is. And cheating is rewarded with another Super Bowl. How is that okay?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's so confusing? They won the game. Nothing is going to change that.

First of all, they should have never been there. Second of all, the Seahawks lost, the Patriots didn't win.

And you know it.

But yeah, guys like you say "nothing will change that" and you do mean nothing. Absolutely nothing in the world will change a Brady apologists mind. No amount of logic, reason or proof means a damn thing to such a person.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy the people trying to defend another Patriots cheating incident. The Ravens and the Jets contacted the league office over the deflated balls. He cheated, he lied, he (tried) to cover up his lying and cheating. and then you have the sports media trying the "moral equivalency' line on the 4 game suspension the same as a player who assaulted his wife. when you are losing the battle and the media has very little left except to point others are worse, well, 4 games it is. And cheating is rewarded with another Super Bowl. How is that okay?
That's why the integrity of the game is so huge. These guys felt that they were untouchable pretty sad...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they won the game.
We are on to the 2015 / 16 season now.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the integrity of the game is so huge. These guys felt that they were untouchable pretty sad...

"The integrity of the game is very important." - verbatim quote from Mr. Tom Brady

Funny, huh?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not okay at all but if you keep saying stuff like this you're going to get labeled a "hater" and "jealousy." You're prepared for that, right?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The integrity of the game is very important." - verbatim quote from Mr. Tom Brady

Funny, huh?
Like I said it's sad as they basically pissed on their own money making machine in their attempt to win. Hopefully it ends with this but I have my doubts.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said it's sad as they basically pissed on their own money making machine in their attempt to win. Hopefully it ends with this but I have my doubts.

It's a powderkeg. If this one franchise keeps getting caught over and over and over and over again, what don't we know about? Like I said elsewhere, I won't be the least bit surprised to find out that people were killed to keep the silence. The snowball effect has started. You have Aaron Hernandez rotting in prison and you have a ton of ex-Patriots who got treated like shit by the team. It's just a matter of time before someone sings, and probably in federal court. I'd love to see Robert Kraft in Leavenworth before he does the world and favor and dies.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a powderkeg. If this one franchise keeps getting caught over and over and over and over again, what don't we know about? Like I said elsewhere, I won't be the least bit surprised to find out that people were killed to keep the silence. The snowball effect has started. You have Aaron Hernandez rotting in prison and you have a ton of ex-Patriots who got treated like shit by the team. It's just a matter of time before someone sings, and probably in federal court. I'd love to see Robert Kraft in Leavenworth before he does the world and favor and dies.

Yes this is shining example why the Patriots need to be dealt with for the integrity of the game.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says it all.....:D
11236097_878593522201271_2120827764_n_zpswic0tqme.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole deflate thing was ridiculously blown out of proportion (saying it for a while now). New England won fair and square. Only thing that bothered me about the SBOWL was I didn't think Brady deserved the MVP (but I'm biased against QBs that receive the MVP in the SuperBowl every freaking time). Colts got man handled as well I don't think the ball mattered for that game.

Seattle/Indy players both agreed that the deflated balls were a non-factor. Harbaugh bitched but he's a Harbaugh and that's just natural.

The Dallas/Detroit game I had a problem with. That was so blatantly paid off it was ridiculous.

Sadly it goes to the QB more times than it should!

Two Seahwaks fans are extremely classy in this thread. Kudos! Now what's the deal with Wilson not signing his deal?

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the champs, they beat us. No cheat made Wilson throw that int.

I don't know any Seahawks fans in real life that think we got cheated in that game. We accepted the loss.

As for Wilson's contract, I don't blame the guy for trying to get paid because the way he plays is dangerous but seems to work very well. Its up to the team to make the numbers work. I do hope that they get it taken care of asap though.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the champs, they beat us. No cheat made Wilson throw that int.

I don't know any Seahawks fans in real life that think we got cheated in that game. We accepted the loss.

As for Wilson's contract, I don't blame the guy for trying to get paid because the way he plays is dangerous but seems to work very well. Its up to the team to make the numbers work. I do hope that they get it taken care of asap though.
but @HammerDown really really wants people to say the seahawks got cheated.

hes trying oh so hard!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that the only time the Patriots win anything is when they have been caught cheating. I wish the Vikings would start cheating!!!