• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jaguars the Biggest AFC Threat to the Patriots?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as this pains me I think @DirtDirtDirt may be right. It may come down to a NE vs JAC AFCCG.

NE owns Pitt everyone knows it so nothing else needs to be said. But if Pitt plays JAC big Ben pick 6 likely loses that game for them. JAC defense is for real. Pitts D has showed improvement but come Jan a healthy Fournette does enough to offset any bad Bortles play.

Denver's offense will be their demise. Uncertainty at QB going into week 10. The D is hot and cold. JAC can beat them at home or on the road. If NE has to go to Denver for a playoff game it's 50/50. If I had to pick I take NE.

KC is still formidable. The only thing that slows them down is Andy Ried.

NE vs Philly in the SB.

Let's get it straight...BB owns Tomlin...iirc NE vs PIT is all square. Projecting PIT to lose to the Jags on a pick 6 is either poking fun, BS, or both.

NE is the defending SB champ and you give them their due for that, but this a new season and new teams...I think the Jags will take the S and be the 4th seed...PIT will do no worse than 2 imo, same with NE. I think KC is heading for the 3 spot.

Some homerism here, but as bad as the history as been recently I still think PIT has the best chance to unseat NE.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if a team is gonna have a chance to beat the Pats in the playoffs. They have to have a Kick ass Defense that can pressure Brady quickly. (All game long)

So I can see right now the Jags as good as anyone having that chance. havent given up on the Chiefs yet. I figure they get things straightened out by Playoff time.

I just dont see the Steelers taking down Brady & the Pats in the playoffs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get it straight...BB owns Tomlin...iirc NE vs PIT is all square. Projecting PIT to lose to the Jags on a pick 6 is either poking fun, BS, or both.

NE is the defending SB champ and you give them their due for that, but this a new season and new teams...I think the Jags will take the S and be the 4th seed...PIT will do no worse than 2 imo, same with NE. I think KC is heading for the 3 spot.

Some homerism here, but as bad as the history as been recently I still think PIT has the best chance to unseat NE.

No one remembers games that were played in B/W. More correctly and relevant you're right BB owns Tomlin.

I was attempting to give Ben a new nickname. "Pick 6 Ben". It wasn't intended on meaning the Jags would win on one pick 6. Likely multiple pick sixes:dhd:. I mean come on Ben certainly is not taking care of the ball this season.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how your homerism prediction turns out.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong about your Giants this season...bad wrong...I hope you're wrong about my Steelers, but always willing to call a spade, a spade...BB has owned Tomlin everybody knows it. Forget about a big spot win...a win vs NE on week 15 I'd take right now.

That said...this is not a juggernaut team in NE...in fact I haven't seen any juggernauts this season....any team that's playing well will have a chance vs NE in JAN.

I hope this hasnt affected our e-friendship :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo

1. Steelers
2. Titans
3. Jaguars

Chiefs are a big threat to the Pats but not really a team that can make it through the whole AFC imo

Steelers lately have entered the playoffs against the Pats around the 11th best defense in the league and this year they are around the 5th best.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeding into your drama.

EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one remembers games that were played in B/W. More correctly and relevant you're right BB owns Tomlin.

I was attempting to give Ben a new nickname. "Pick 6 Ben". It wasn't intended on meaning the Jags would win on one pick 6. Likely multiple pick sixes:dhd:. I mean come on Ben certainly is not taking care of the ball this season.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how your homerism prediction turns out.

It was you that made the blanket statement...I was just making it factually correct...:nod:

Ben had a terrible game with the 5 picks and to be honest has not played very all all season, but I'm not worried about Ben.

If saying having the best chance is a prediction...I'll own it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was you that made the blanket statement...I was just making it factually correct...:nod:

Ben had a terrible game with the 5 picks and to be honest has not played very all all season, but I'm not worried about Ben.

If saying having the best chance is a prediction...I'll own it.

Who would've guessed I'd find the one person who remembered those B/W games :dhd:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers certainly aren't a juggernaut or anything like that and Ben is playing like a man who's playing his last year, but our defense is wicked good and the Patriots aren't the same team they've been for the last forever. We have wins over the Vikings and Chiefs, two division leaders right now, the Pats have beaten the Saints and 5 other suck ass teams who they've struggled to beat. Time to realize the 2017 Patriots aren't the 2016 Patriots or any sort of resemblance of any quality Pats team of recent memory.

It's all about matchupa Pitt has KC's no# NE has Pitt's no# KC has beaten NE soundly a few times. I'd rather see NE play Pitt on the road they have KC coming to Gillette. Reid is a helluva coach and Smith only has 2 int all season. Ben is so so and Imo Tomlin is not a good coach. Pitt has the best weapons , best RB Bell imo and best WR in Brown and they struggle at times, and KC has one of the best with Hunt and Hill and Kelce

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That Jags defense is gonna hurt people"

--said me after week 1

The Jags will be watching the AFCC game at home.

Says me........ right now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jags had a slightly above average QB then they have a shot to beat the Pats. They don't so no.
KC could have chance if Hunt can get going and I can't count out the Steelers either.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags will be watching the AFCC game at home.

Says me........ right now.

Could happen. They don't have a good QB and are thin at WR. I just wouldn't want to face that defense in cold weather

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've guessed I'd find the one person who remembered those B/W games :dhd:

A few of us around...lol

I think when you really break down the last 4 or 5 games...PIT was just not as good...especially the DEF and the game Landry Jones started. LY was the 1st meeting I felt the secondary was good enough to compete but watching the game I really felt the coaching staff didn't have the confidence to let them play...a passive zone and rushing 4 is a cake walk for Brady, and the game also became a cakewalk.

Tomlin takes these losses, but I'm as critical of Haley vs BB. This year we'll have to see how it unfolds...regardless of the outcome, I hope week 15 is just the appetizer.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo looking at the shit show the entire AFC is, more so now after the Deshean RG3 Watson injury, the Pats seem again to have clear sailing to Homefield and another SB appearance

I immediately dismiss the Steelers no matter how good they look for the rest of the season....Thats a movie no one needs to see again, Brady and the Pats treat Ben and the Steelers like their personal bitch, Pitt will never beat them in a big spot

KC has now been exposed as a fraud, and a 10-6 finish seems more likely than the 14-2 some people thought could happen a few weeks ago.....Not to mention the allergic reaction Andy Reid has to coaching well in the postseason

Am I missing anyone?

Anyone BESIDES THE JAGUARS?

Defense is completely Legit, they swarm the QB, they have a secondary as good as any in the NFL, they have an all world looking RB....

Obviously Bortles needs to be put in position where he cant hurt this team, playing from in front, ball control offense..

As an added bonus, this team throttled the living shit out of the Steelers on their homefield

don't be an idiot. the jags are a threat to no one. yeah, blake fucking bortles is going to masterfully send belichick and brady home, that's totally happening. :L

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats Next 6

@Denver
@Oakland (en Mexico)
Miami
@Buffalo
@Miami (Mon)
@ Pittsburgh: with this game coming on a short week, on the heels of a bitter rivalry game.

Brutal... I really doubt the Pats will be in contention for HFA after this stretch.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats Next 6

@Denver
@Oakland (en Mexico)
Miami
@Buffalo
@Miami (Mon)
@ Pittsburgh: with this game coming on a short week, on the heels of a bitter rivalry game.

Brutal... I really doubt the Pats will be in contention for HFA after this stretch.

AFC is a toss up, Philly seems to have the NFC, games with Dallas will be telling