• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jaguars the Biggest AFC Threat to the Patriots?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex has actually won some games the past season and a half for sure. He just isnt consistent at it but for all intents and purposes he came back against the Steelers last year and he has been clutch in a couple of games. The issue is many games that the Chiefs defense isnt holding up

The problem lately is that he is taking way too many sacks and often at the wrong time.

I'm sure.

I like A Smith a lot and winning or losing a game is never on the QB 100% but I just don't remember him winning many big games...especially in Jan.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure.

I like A Smith a lot and winning or losing a game is never on the QB 100% but I just don't remember him winning many big games...especially in Jan.
Outside of his playoff game against the Colts and his game against the Saints his playoff performances are really quite terrible. I can't defend him too much.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes to show you how a bad coach can keep a team down, Jaguars have improved big time since Gus Bradley left... Night and day ...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes to show you how a bad coach can keep a team down, Jaguars have improved big time since Gus Bradley left... Night and day ...

Always loved Marrone

Him and Coughlin can have turn an entire culture around just like that

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we've already seen how that ends.

Smith was on the Niners and they were the most talented team in football for a couple of years. Couldn't get past a top playoff defense to save his life.
well to be fair to this point. When Smith got injured in SF, he was undefeated that year. Not his fault the niners screwed up & kept Kaep as the starting QB.

I do see the Chiefs pulling a Charger move though.

Rivers couldnt unseat Brees as the starter so they got rid of him. look how that turned out.
not bad for both players/teams

Can see the same thing happening with the Chiefs & Smith. I can see it possibly working out for both of them. However I am not to sure the Chiefs would trade him to an AFC team (if he is trade able, dont know the contract)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is more intriguing than many want to accept.

The team's that have faired well against Brady in the playoffs, are teams who can generate tremendous pressure with their front four. NYG at the time, NYJ at the time and Denver. None of those teams had great offenses either. However, they could run the ball, and not turn it over.

Jacksonville has these components, and while it's probably unlikely. It's not impossible. I would give them a better chance than KC or PIT. Yes...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved Marrone

Him and Coughlin can have turn an entire culture around just like that

I have a Giants friend at work and we both wonder how the F you fire a coach who won you two Super Bowls.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are smothering opposing QB's, and are dominating on the ground. #1 running the ball offensively (166.5 YPG) and are also #1 defending the pass defensively (156 YPG, 5.8 Y/A) (Opposing QB's: 4 TD's 10 INT's 63.5 QB Rating) (Leads league with 35 sacks)

With a QB not turning it over, and being just efficient enough to win facilitate his D and run game.

Sounds a lot like the teams who have sent NE packing in the past... NYG at the time, NYJ at the time, Baltimore at the time and Denver in 2015