• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are Niners worse team in NFC

bstoves24

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,316.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can say no. Chip Kelly doesn't really know how to keep momentum.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the garbage Kelly has to work with I'd say it's the Bears just because that team has a bunch of talent and yet they always waste it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is really no surprise. All those sudden departures for a variety of reasons had to take its toll. Now you add to the mix Moran Chip with crap QBs and this was totally expected.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between them and chicago

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the talent is just garbage.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is on his way out the door. The Niners suck but Chip is making them look worse than they really are.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is on his way out the door. The Niners suck but Chip is making them look worse than they really are.

LOL umm no..Chip will be here for at least 1 more season, the problem is the defense is completely devoid of talent and is being coordinated by Jim O'neil. When you lose your starting NT and both ILB's you are testing the limits of your depth and the 49ers had none..we are trotting out Nick Bellore and freaking Micheal Wilhoite as our starters for Christ sake. Our 2 first round DL players are also getting abused in the run game..Trent Baalke is expected to be gone as soon as the season ends. I am willing to give Kelly a couple years to see what he can do with Gamble and him at the helm.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL umm no..Chip will be here for at least 1 more season, the problem is the defense is completely devoid of talent and is being coordinated by Jim O'neil. When you lose your starting NT and both ILB's you are testing the limits of your depth and the 49ers had none..we are trotting out Nick Bellore and freaking Micheal Wilhoite as our starters for Christ sake. Our 2 first round DL players are also getting abused in the run game..Trent Baalke is expected to be gone as soon as the season ends. I am willing to give Kelly a couple years to see what he can do with Gamble and him at the helm.

Take it from someone that has first hand experience of how Chip Kelly will destroy a team. If the Niners want to become relevent any time in the next few years they will dump Kelly. If you have any decent players that are going to become free agents they will sign somewhere else. One good thing for the Niners is that Kelly does not have personnel control.

I was high on Chip Kelly when he first got to the Eagles. Once there was film on the offense he became more predictable than Andy Reid. A lot will depend on the Niners drafting. I am not sure players will flock to the niners unless they overpay. Again....something else we have a lot of experience with.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from someone that has first hand experience of how Chip Kelly will destroy a team. If the Niners want to become relevent any time in the next few years they will dump Kelly. If you have any decent players that are going to become free agents they will sign somewhere else. One good thing for the Niners is that Kelly does not have personnel control.

I was high on Chip Kelly when he first got to the Eagles. Once there was film on the offense he became more predictable than Andy Reid. A lot will depend on the Niners drafting. I am not sure players will flock to the niners unless they overpay. Again....something else we have a lot of experience with.

I really don't feel like its a scheme issue...I watch the coaches film and listen to a lot of in depth breakdowns from writers and the general consensus is Kelly is scheming guys open quite regularly, I see it in game..the execution is just not there and it harps on the lack of talent up and down this roster. We need a real QB and real #1 WR the defense is a whole other level of bad lol. I get that Philly fans have a bad taste in their mouths when it comes to Chip but I'm willing to give it a bit more time and a couple drafts until I start screaming for a new coach.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't feel like its a scheme issue...I watch the coaches film and listen to a lot of in depth breakdowns from writers and the general consensus is Kelly is scheming guys open quite regularly, I see it in game..the execution is just not there and it harps on the lack of talent up and down this roster. We need a real QB and real #1 WR the defense is a whole other level of bad lol. I get that Philly fans have a bad taste in their mouths when it comes to Chip but I'm willing to give it a bit more time and a couple drafts until I start screaming for a new coach.

We felt the same way and I really do understand your point. Kelly does not change well and at some point the changes he made with the offense will become evident on film it won't matter who you you have on the team. Defense will stop them. Take the Vikings for instance. I always said Sam Bradford was a good QB and he has proven me right in Minn. He is hitting 70% of his passes and he has now weapons. Chip did not know how to properly use him IMO. His offense is so predicated on the right personnel it may take a while to get it right.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We felt the same way and I really do understand your point. Kelly does not change well and at some point the changes he made with the offense will become evident on film it won't matter who you you have on the team. Defense will stop them. Take the Vikings for instance. I always said Sam Bradford was a good QB and he has proven me right in Minn. He is hitting 70% of his passes and he has now weapons. Chip did not know how to properly use him IMO. His offense is so predicated on the right personnel it may take a while to get it right.

I can see that at times he does seem to be very inflexible with his play calling, and it does become rather predictable, if the running game is not working Kelly's offense seems to stall badly as well. Unfortunately we are stuck with Kelly for at least 2 more seasons we are still paying Tomfoola and there is no way Jed York is going to be paying two head coaches that aren't even on the team lol.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that at times he does seem to be very inflexible with his play calling, and it does become rather predictable, if the running game is not working Kelly's offense seems to stall badly as well. Unfortunately we are stuck with Kelly for at least 2 more seasons we are still paying Tomfoola and there is no way Jed York is going to be paying two head coaches that aren't even on the team lol.

The hiring of Chip Kelly is one that still baffles me. I am trying to figure out what made him pull the trigger on it. He should have at least called and spoke to Jeff Lurie. Granted he was the owner that fired him but from I understand Lurie is highly respected and I do not think he would have said anything out of line.

I think Chip Kelly's offense can succeed in the NFL but it would need a different coach to run it. Someone that is capable of changing and not being so predictable. That is one of the hardest things in the NFL to do as a coach IMO. Creating a game plan that disguises what you are trying to do. At the end of his tenure in Philly opposing player have said they knew what we were going to run just by the personnel. Chip would often disguise where the players would line up but the plays never changed .

Right now I think he is a gimmick because he won't change. It bothers me because he almost destroyed the Eagles and now he is doing it to another team....the Niners and I like the Niners. If he was the Cowboys coach I would be dancing a jig. :pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelly is part of the reason the running game is stalling. He's not using Hyde properly, just like he didn't use Murray properly last year. Murray moves on to the Titans and is immediately successful again. Kelly certainly can't rely on QB play to win games, and his WR corps isn't very impressive either (and not a good fit to his system; he really needs multiple slot types).

Kelly forces his players to adapt to his system instead of actually coaching and adapting his system to his players. He's certainly not the only one to do so in the NFL, but he's the most painfully obvious one.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly needs to put his finger in the old ball coaches belt loop and get your ass back to school

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is part of the reason the running game is stalling. He's not using Hyde properly, just like he didn't use Murray properly last year. Murray moves on to the Titans and is immediately successful again.

That's because the running game is more of a "zone run" style with Kelly and not a straight up "north and south" style Murray and Hyde run. Plus you factor in Oline that can't zone block, Lane Johnson was the biggest complainer about Chip, and the bottomline for him was he hated zone blocking, those OLB were to fast for him