• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparently the B12 is considering TCU

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if the Big 12 added Air Force they could reclaim Colorado in a way. If OU or Texas played in Colorado Springs and CU had a home game in Boulder on the same day I'd bet there would be more attendance at the Air Force game than the CU game. :D

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we keep going the way we are we could grab a lot of Colorado as part of our fanbase.

we need to play some neutral site games at Mile High.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is money. If you're going to cut the pie up in more pieces, you need someone that can help you make a bigger pie. If not, all you do is make everyone's piece smaller.

That's why none of these schools make any sense. They don't bring enough to the table for it to be viable for the conference. BSU is probably near the bottom of the list for the expansion committee. Honestly, every school in Texas should be at the bottom as well. I guess we'll see what they do.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is money. If you're going to cut the pie up in more pieces, you need someone that can help you make a bigger pie. If not, all you do is make everyone's piece smaller.

That's why none of these schools make any sense. They don't bring enough to the table for it to be viable for the conference. BSU is probably near the bottom of the list for the expansion committee. Honestly, every school in Texas should be at the bottom as well. I guess we'll see what they do.

if we can expand our fanbase into Colorado we will

plus we're already turning Boise into a college football town.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can expand our fanbase into Colorado we will

plus we're already turning Boise into a college football town.

I just don't see it happening. I think they'd take CSU first if they wanted to get back into the Colorado market. I think they're looking east.......smh

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From a financial perspective, Air Force, BYU, and Boise State are the three best options. I think all three could bring a lot to the table

Air Force - It would help bring Colorado market but most importantly it brings part of the Military market.

BYU - Mormon markets and Utah

Boise State - National interest right now. Also Boise isn't necessarily tiny, it is a market and this team has a very rabid fan base. Just look on this obscure site, you have several Boise fans. They were all over ESPN. Boise has a good size following. Boise State would also likely bring Montana, Wyoming, and other sorrounding states.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the big12s pie got no bigger Im sure it could be worked out so everybodys piece got smaller, except texas'

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the big12s pie got no bigger Im sure it could be worked out so everybodys piece got smaller, except texas'

Texas has offered to give their piece away for years......the money they make from the conference is peanuts to them.

Simply put - they don't need the conference paycheck.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it happening. I think they'd take CSU first if they wanted to get back into the Colorado market. I think they're looking east.......smh

Col St is the one that no one mentions that I wonder about. Not a huge school, but gets you back in Colorado.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Colorado state does about as much good as adding Arkansas State.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we keep going the way we are we could grab a lot of Colorado as part of our fanbase.

we need to play some neutral site games at Mile High.
How so? You're surrounded by Utah, Oregon State and Washington State "territory".

Boise definitely belongs in the Pac-12 for football, but doesn't have the full athletics program, market or academics to be attractive as a member. They almost took Texas Tech so perhaps academics aren't a huge deal (but then, some Pac-12 member institutions would like to kick out Oregon State for that reason).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? You're surrounded by Utah, Oregon State and Washington State "territory".

Boise definitely belongs in the Pac-12 for football, but doesn't have the full athletics program, market or academics to be attractive as a member. They almost took Texas Tech so perhaps academics aren't a huge deal (but then, some Pac-12 member institutions would like to kick out Oregon State for that reason).

we're near Colorado too, seeing that it seems like that it would be a great grab for the Big 12 as they would enter "Pac-12 territory"

after all the Pac-12 tried to get into Big-12 territory.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only school that will add a market really is BSU and that is the Denver market. There aren't any major cities in the middle of the country they don't already have. They could try and get WVU for there nook of the woods.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only school that will add a market really is BSU and that is the Denver market. There aren't any major cities in the middle of the country they don't already have. They could try and get WVU for there nook of the woods.

we really need to play more neutral site games at Mile High, maybe you guys to give us a return visit at Mile High!

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not BYU then? They bring the Mormon market across the country.

I'm also not sure how BSU = Denver market.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ people who only worry about the "market" a certain team brings

sure, New Mexico would bring the Albuquerque market, but they fucking BLOW... it doesn't matter if they're in a big city, no one wants to watch a shitty team

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig James was preaching that crap few weeks ago.

SMU will never get an invite.

We need to reach out west. Boise State would agree.

They recruit well out of california and giving them a chance at the big stage will only increase their recruiting pool.

Money aside, if we need an instant invite to move up to 10, I say BSU over TCU.

Oh yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, Tcu, Smu, Boise none of these schools get 40,000 for home games. That is less than Baylor and Iowa State. Not going to happen.

Uh

Because our stadium only holds 35k

However we have plans to expand by over 10k

Let us in and we'll get it done.