• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP source: MLB owners approve proposal to start 82-game season in July

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really should just come down to this. IF you want to play and get paid this season then play. There are plenty of minor league players that would love the opporunity to start and play at the MLB level. Honestly its not about whether or not you have it and survive the virus but even if you are A symptimatic you can give it to a family member that is high risk.

If you want to sit out the season then dont expect a pay check but there are players that need the money or wouldnt mind playing at a reduced salary. I would rather see a season full of players that are straight out of AAA or AA then having no season at all. Tell Blake to give up his spot in the rotation for someone else.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why soccer will continue to grow. No commercials except halftime. Baseball is a game of patience in a world of snippets

Soccer isn’t a sport. It’s an athletic activity that people play when they aren’t good enough to play a real sport.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really should just come down to this. IF you want to play and get paid this season then play. There are plenty of minor league players that would love the opporunity to start and play at the MLB level. Honestly its not about whether or not you have it and survive the virus but even if you are A symptimatic you can give it to a family member that is high risk.

If you want to sit out the season then dont expect a pay check but there are players that need the money or wouldnt mind playing at a reduced salary. I would rather see a season full of players that are straight out of AAA or AA then having no season at all. Tell Blake to give up his spot in the rotation for someone else.

Well as a Seattle Mariners fan, I 100%, seeing as how we already watch AA and AAA players play every year, I'm not sure I will see a difference.:heh:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz at soccer.

Is MLS out-drawing the WNBA yet?

We don't do real soccer in the states

I never thought I'd say in my life soccer could pass baseball. I've followed baseball longer than any other sport. Played it as my main sport also

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hockey wasn't a sport either until a few years ago? LOL got it

When was the entire goal of a match to get a tie. Settling for a tie, while not exactly athletic, is better than actively playing a game trying to a tie such as MLS, Premiere League and the World Cup.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the entire goal of a match to get a tie. Settling for a tie, while not exactly athletic, is better than actively playing a game trying to a tie such as MLS, Premiere League and the World Cup.

The fact that you think they try for a tie from the start is extremely silly

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bitch Blake Snell says he isn't playing unless he gets his full salary. "I want my money!"

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millions on furlough or out of work, yea not a good look

But they were talking with Doug Glanville and even he was talking about safety and people's families and blah blah blah. What do you think everyone else has to do? And they don't have a bunch of people tripping over themselves to make sure theyre safe. The baseball field is likely to be more safe than a lot of places. It sure as hell is more safe than a hospital.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they were talking with Doug Glanville and even he was talking about safety and people's families and blah blah blah. What do you think everyone else has to do? And they don't have a bunch of people tripping over themselves to make sure theyre safe. The baseball field is likely to be more safe than a lot of places. It sure as hell is more safe than a hospital.
Agreed...No professional sports team is going to put their players at unnecessary risk because of the financial investment along. That isn't even taking the risk of bad PR into account. These guys already have the best medical care and resources at their disposal

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him. Hope he blows his arm out and never pitches again and dies broke in a drainage ditch on some dirt road and isn't found for weeks and nobody attends his funeral.

Easy, easy... Just one guy acting like that.

Listen to some John Prine...