• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll released

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Mamba gone, what other ducks fans?
oly and duckboy33 are two that come to mind. Also sometimes the one from texas, whatever his name is.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but we have more of an argument than Ohio State, Wisconsin or Michigan do.

I think WSU does have more of an argument than Ohio State or Wisconsin. I don't think they have more of an argument than Michigan. Michigan has a win over a Top 25 team. I also think Florida has looked better than USC, even with 1 less game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because what? I certainly remember Miami rolling off 15 NC because they had more NFL talent than anyone in the 80's-the early 2000's.

Because you haven't been doing it. On the one hand, it's true that we only look at the current season. And as the season goes on, that's going to happen more and more. However, on the other hand, I think it's pretty foolish to ignore what the other teams you mention have done and built over time. The odds are those other teams are better and their programs are better. And until I see something that says otherwise, I will continue to believe they are the better teams.

That can certainly change, but nothing from Wazzu this current season thus far has indicated to me that it's the case. Right now, I see a wazzu team that is better than Wazzu usually is, but how many games are going to drop before the season is over? Pulling out a win like USC and then losing 4 games wouldn't be very shocking to me for Wazzu you know? To be 100% honest, I devalued USC for losing, but I did give Wazzu a little credit for it.

If we get to the end of the year and Wazzu is still standing, then I'm sure they'll get respect. But right now, those other teams are going to rightfully get the benefit of the doubt.

Trends and such. If Wazzu pulls off a few good years in a row, you'll also get that benefit, but haven't earned that yet.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal with it bitch.

No, you motherfuckers on the west coast don't even get up in time to see the games played in the EST and still vote in polls and comment on programs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you haven't been doing it. On the one hand, it's true that we only look at the current season. And as the season goes on, that's going to happen more and more. However, on the other hand, I think it's pretty foolish to ignore what the other teams you mention have done and built over time. The odds are those other teams are better and their programs are better. And until I see something that says otherwise, I will continue to believe they are the better teams.

That can certainly change, but nothing from Wazzu this current season thus far has indicated to me that it's the case. Right now, I see a wazzu team that is better than Wazzu usually is, but how many games are going to drop before the season is over? Pulling out a win like USC and then losing 4 games wouldn't be very shocking to me for Wazzu you know? To be 100% honest, I devalued USC for losing, but I did give Wazzu a little credit for it.

If we get to the end of the year and Wazzu is still standing, then I'm sure they'll get respect. But right now, those other teams are going to rightfully get the benefit of the doubt.

Trends and such. If Wazzu pulls off a few good years in a row, you'll also get that benefit, but haven't earned that yet.

I get what you're saying, but our history and our future has nothing to do with the fact we have a better argument to ranked above Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan. Not saying we are better teams because obviously we won't find out. Just like what one single argument can Alabama make that they are number 1 over Clemson that has to do with this year?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not get over myself, Michigan has done nothing but have a name to be voted ahead of us. It's rather simple, zero losses compared to zero losses except we have a better win than another team that doesn't have a QB who could play for any Pac 12 school in Florida.

Better win? :juggle: All wins are counted the same--in the "W" column. Did the win over those Montana State Bobcats go to your head?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WSU does have more of an argument than Ohio State or Wisconsin. I don't think they have more of an argument than Michigan. Michigan has a win over a Top 25 team. I also think Florida has looked better than USC, even with 1 less game.

Of course it's all subjective. And any person could objectively say USC probably beats us and rolls Texas if they were at least 75% healthy.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya because nothing say's 'conference' like playing certain conference members once every eight years.

Don't bother me none. It doesn't effect Washington at all, so why does it bother you?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bother me none. It doesn't effect Washington at all, so why does it bother you?
Do you know why the SEC & ACC voted to play 8 conference games vs 9? It's so they could milk the system.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you motherfuckers on the west coast don't even get up in time to see the games played in the EST and still vote in polls and comment on programs.
I'm up in time, I just choose not to watch cuz they suck.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, but our history and our future has nothing to do with the fact we have a better argument to ranked above Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan. Not saying we are better teams because obviously we won't find out. Just like what one single argument can Alabama make that they are number 1 over Clemson that has to do with this year?

If I was a neutral team, and I was asked to pick the team I wanted to play for the easiest win of those you mention - I would pick Washington St.

I would also pick Clemson between Alabama and Clemson.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better win? :juggle: All wins are counted the same--in the "W" column. Did the win over those Montana State Bobcats go to your head?

Those dominating victories over powerhouses of Cincinnati, Air Force and Purdue prove you guys belong in the top 20? I'll give you guys credit, I'm sure you could get 20 points on us and hold us under 40.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know why the SEC & ACC voted to play 8 conference games vs 9? It's so they could milk the system.

I bet you think about this 24-7.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who's team is in a pseudo 14 member conference that plays a pussy ass 8 game conference schedule.
I'd gladly go to 9 conference game schedule and pick up another east team. We play Georgia every year so it really would have zero impact on us.

Give me a KY, SC or Vandy as an additional game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a neutral team, and I was asked to pick the team I wanted to play for the easiest win of those you mention - I would pick Washington St.

I would also pick Clemson between Alabama and Clemson.

Fair enough, I would say Wisconsin and Michigan wouldn't be able to get enough points, but I would put money on Ohio State over us.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing Scott Frost has taken an 0-12 team in 2015 to being ranked in less than 2 years. Hell of a turn around. Shame for UCF fans he won't be there for long, I'd guess.

Coaching in Lincoln next year I bet